We recently returned from our Mexican holiday and New York welcomed us back with a winter storm, icy roads, dangerous winds and the annoying necessity of wearing clumsy boots. From the window I can see the snow falling on the lawn, it's incredibly pretty, mesmerizing, but it's so cold...and as I'm thinking of the time we spent at the Marina El Cid Spa and Beach Resort in Puerto Morelos, the following comes to mind: beautiful hotel, nice beach, tropical setting, caressing breezes, manicured gardens, colorful flowers, captivating sunrise and sunset, palapas, good wine, quality food, attentive service, immaculate and comfortable accommodations, romantic walks, relaxing silence zone, water sports, bycicle rides, cooking classes, fashion shows, gym, spa, twinkling stars, and, occasionally, some disappointing sudden rain showers, but as a guest told us, " would you rather be shoveling snow?" My husband and I are watching the snow accumulate, it's falling rapidly and at a steady pace, as we are asking ourselves what makes the El Cid still the one? Why did we choose to spend 35 days there? Why do we keep returning for extended or quick getaways? After all, we have been traveling in Mexico for almost two decades, we are not new to all inclusive hotels, and truthfully, many other destinations offer similar ameneties and beach-front properties, so what makes this place still the one? What makes it so special and different even to my husband who admits to be fussy, demanding, and the biggest pain in...
What makes this resort still the one? Simple, we know what to expect, (please refer to previous posting 38 day stay) we are never disappointed, nor let down, on the contrary we always find some improvements, if that were really possible.
This holiday we arrived at El Cid on December 24, 2009, were consistently extended respectful and attentive service, we endulged in quality food and romantic dinners, had 35 days of good times, and, relaxed and smiling, left for New York on January 28, 2010.
To all staff and management at El Cid thank you! The entire management team is complimented, recognized and appreciated. It is obvious that your dedication, commitment, expertise, and passion for hotel management, most especially this particular resort, is the primary influential factor in making the Marina El Cid Spa and Beach Resort still the one. Thank you for selecting, guiding, training and directing so many staff members who, by learning from you, positively influence countless guests.
Thank you, thank you all! You know who you are...
Long Island, New york
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos