My family and I spent a well deserved weekend at La marina el cid and had a wonderful time.
Positives-The Alcazar restaurant-go every night, it is awesome. The baby pool was just what kids love. The room was perfect for us, first floor so we could excape to our patio during nap time. Spacious and nicley decorated. The entire property is beautiful, tranquil and relaxing.
Negatives-I paid more attention to this for some reason......Room had some mold issues, our mini bar was empty until the last day, when they only put 6 drinks total..no snacks, no bathrobes, bottled water was scarce, had to go to 2 restaurants, a maid and finally room service to get water at 9am. The seafood restaurant told us we had to stay a week to even eat there without a charge(not mentioned anywhere) . After reading other reviews I have decided they are a little sketchy since they give people different reasons why they cannot have the lobster dinner. We are local(Cozumel) and I have to say that 99% of the lobster at restaurants is from the Pacific coast, not local catch, so they cannot say it is out of season, that's just a convinient lie.
Would we go again??? That's a hard one. We all really enjoyed ourselves, but as we were driving to the property I realized why the mangroves were all dead, the hotel built a road to the property essentially cutting off all water supply to the mangroves, yes they were damaged by Wilma, but they are dead because of the hotel road. Sad, as I am sure they could have figured out another way. Mangroves are essential to reef fish. If I would have known this first I would not have booked, but we would have missed out on a great hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Groupon, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos