Just had a week vacation at El Cid. Our daughter got married on the premises on April 4th. We had about 100 people there for the wedding out of San Diego so needless to say we booked a lot of rooms.
Property is very clean and the staff is always doing some type of cleaning or painting. We liked that it was a small resort so you don't have to take any golf carts to get from one place to another on the property and it was nice to run into our wedding guests everywhere we went. The beach was beautiful a little rough due to the high winds but there's nothing to do about that.
Rooms: We were disappointed that most of the rooms were not ready by the time we were suppose to have them, specially after a very long night traveling. We understood that check in was at 3 but several people had to wait way past 3 for their rooms. Don't know exactly what was going on with the room keys but most of the group had to go to the front desk several times to reactivate their keys so it got a little annoying.
Room Service was very good, the selections were plenty.
Food was excellent in all the restaurants, waiters and staff are very friendly throughout the hotel and always willing to assist you in every way they can.
Entertainment: Was also very nice, specially enjoyed the band that would play in the lobby most of the week. Wish they could play a little longer for those of us quite not ready to go to bet at 11 pm. We understood their was a club per say on the premises but was getting renovated during our stay. Our large group could have really benefited from that option.
Wedding Coordinator Melina Guerrero: I saved the best for last, our daughter and I had traveled to El Cid a couple times before the wedding so we could coordinate all the logistics associated with her wedding. I cannot say enough for Melina, this young lady is so professional and passionate about her work and her clients. We did most of the arrangements through email and she was always accessible if we needed to call. From the day we got there until the wedding day, she met with us several times and the day of the wedding was there since 9 am to well past 11 p.m. after the wedding was over. She made sure that the wedding went off without any problems and did a wonderful job with everything to make sure our daughter and her husband would be impressed when they walked into the reception. She kept us on track as far as the start time of the ceremony and when dinner was suppose to be served, well every aspect of the wedding. For her young age she is very knowledgeable and professional. Anything bad that happened during our stay didn't matter to us because of the way Melina did her work.
That being said, we highly recommend their wedding services the staff is great. I was a little disappointed that the manager never came out to introduce himself since we had over 120 room nights booked but I guess he was busy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos