When i booked I was as afraid as any of you trying to find the perfect balance between price and the comfort expected out of a hotel for my family. This hotel seriously beat all my expectations for service and customer care, the staff was always ready to help you with an effortless smile.
I have been in many resorts in many countries and this one proves that you don't need to pay a fortune to feel treated with the highest level of attention.
The resort itself is not huge but has all the amenities that will help you enjoy a pleasant time;
it is located just on the beach which mens that you will have to take a side road from the highway to get there and as consequence you may feel a bit stranded, but don't worry because taxi and shuttle services are 24 hour available to Playa del Carmen and Cancun.
This hotel certainly may be better with a hot tub for children and can also offer a few more restaurant options, however the ones in place were quite good. Don't expect gourmet food or something similar but be sure you will be really happy with the menus and flavour of the local and international cousine.
We had a great experience with the dive shop at the marina, the staff was extremely professional and guided my 11 years old son and I on a few dives to a fairly good reefs not too far away from the shore.
The only word of caution is with the car rental office at the lobby... they will try to squeeze every penny form you for a rental and likely they wont deliver what you have booked.
Overall the hotel is really good and worth to visit again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos