I traveled with my boyfriend , my sister and her boyfriend. Dec 2012 . The grounds are absolutely beautiful and clean. I traveled 2 weeks before xmas and there was xmas decor all over, beautiful trees and lights all over the resort. My room was also very clean, and large enough the beds were very comfy the only problem for me were the mosquitoes ughh all day and night could not even use my balcony for this reason so bring a repellent. I had a partial ocean view on the ground floor which was pretty good i got to my room pretty quickly.
- The pool is HUGE and the pool bar was alot of fun. Dont get drunk otherwise swimming to get out wont be fun LOL. The food was AMAZING!!!! at all buffets and restaurants. There is a large variety of food Italian, Mexican, French Japanese, American etc. I have traveled to other all inclusive resorts in Cancun and Punta cana but this resort has been the best in the food dept. No one should ever go hungry , they also offer room service. The drinks are average but must try the Riviera Maya which is a signature drink very fruity and tasty.
-The beach is beautiful for the most part it was relaxing however swimming is not so great because it is very rocky. None the less i loved the beach and the drink service was excellent. BIG shout out to ALBERTO he went above and beyond to satisfy not only us but all who were at the beach. It was pretty chilly both early in the morning and at night by 5:30pm the sun was basically gone. We usually went to dinner around 7:30 pm every night and i always wore a light sweater.
The staff are very friendly and very hardworking they did everything they could to keep the clients happy at all times. Tipping is very much appreciated by the staff. I never had anyone ask me for a tip nor did anyone seem to be waiting on one . I left 2 dollars daily for the housekeeping staff and i am glad i did so the room was always spotless!
We went to Xel- Ha and it was the funnest thing we could have done on this trip , loved every second of our excursion . Beautiful park , the lazy river was just fabulous . They have bike riding , swimming with Dolphins, snorkeling while going down the river ETC. It Took us 5 hours to go across the river. The food and drinks at the park were also very tasty. This is a MUST DO!!!!!!!
CONS: We could have used a little more entertainment not much to do for couples. Pretty boring both during the day and night some entertainment but not for us. This resort is more for kids since they have a kids club and more and also for the elderly because it ts very relaxing. Not so much for people in the mid to late 20's like us. Def Not a party place at ALL . They have a disco but it was pretty lame we had to walk right out bc it was pretty empty no more than 15 ppl. Other then that i LOVED this place and def recommend it!!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Jetsetter, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos