First experience at an all inclusive was not what I expected. A few good things:
+ upgraded us to the largest room after we raised issue that their website did not accurately convey the size of the room and arrangement.
+ The beach was really nice.
+ The spa was excellent but a bit pricey.
+ Evening entertainment was really good with a new/different act every night.
+ Mostly good for families (see caveat below)
+ Not too far from sites/airport
+ Beautiful peaceful views from most of the rooms.
+ Nice pool.
+ Excellent landscaping/grounds.
A few negatives:
- Horrible, horrible, horrible, almost non-existent room service. You call for food/drink and they would many times just not show up with the goods. Upon several reminder calls, you might get what you ask for before the day is done.
- The property as a whole is showing major signs of disrepair and decay. They took over this property 5 years ago and have not done much to keep it alive. The rooms were not that clean and there was signs of insects, mold, and general lack of care. Lots of poor patch ups. I've seen better care at motels in the states.
- The food pretty much sucks. I'm not that much of a foodie but I expected better variety and quality.
- Don't do the "buy up plan" as this just "guarantees you" advanced reservations at the restaurants. It really wasn't worth it.
- They do a drinking contest every week as an "athletic activity" at the pool in broad view of families swimming around. One time, they had to take a person away in an ambulance who was vomiting/passing out. Glad my kids didn't see that but the next week we just stayed away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos