This was my first visit (and last) to this resort. The accommodations were relatively clean. There was a moldy smell in the lobby and throughout the property… possibly due to the lagoons surrounding the property. The service staff in the restaurant was pleasant and attentive. The food was average – not a lot of menu choices specifically in the Mediterranean restaurant. There were 2 weddings during our stay on the property so some of the restaurants were not available to the guests in order to accommodate the wedding parties. We were given a tour of the spa which was not very impressive. The 2 ATMs on the property did not function during our entire stay. The wireless access is $15/day or $60 for the week and the service was unreliable and spotty. We also had to call everyday and ask for face towels. Housekeeping would remove our used face towels but not replace them.
But the BIGGEST disappointment was the SALES STAFF. Obviously, their job is to sell you into a some type of timeshare or vacation club arrangement. We had already made plans to visit a sales presentation at another resort - (Moon Palace – which is a great resort btw). Upon asking for a taxi to Moon Palace, we were suddenly accosted by 3 sales staff members trying to prevent us from visiting this resort – apparently intimidated by their competition. The staff does not have the authority to dictate where we can and cannot go. Well, what a difference in quality, service and professionalism at Moon Palace. So we decided to return 2 days later to Moon Palace to enjoy a few treatments at their lovely spa. Upon asking for a taxi, a sales staff person from El Cid (wish I would have taken down this guy’s name) came out and essentially accused us of lying about our reasons for visiting Moon Palace – like we owed him ANY explanation. He was rude and harassing. If you are so intimidated by your competition, IMPROVE your offerings instead of trying to prevent and persuade your guests not to visit other properties. Give them a reason to stay!! Very unprofessional and disappointing. I will NOT be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelsforEveryone, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos