Overall a good trip. Hotel, room, pool, grounds, etc all nice. Staff very good, entertainment staff very good. Good for families, we had 6 kids with us, three families. Food was good but not sure if its coincidence of not but half our party had or is having stomach "issues".
I'd still recommend the resort.
Now of course for the negatives:
Gym could be bigger, too crowded.
Taxi services: while out of control of the hotel, they should provide the feedback to the cab mafia - Cabs are a total ripoff. $10 for a kilometre ride to town? Come on!!!!
Internet/wifi: $60 for a week and it doesn't hardly work at all and if it does work is worse speed than dial up???? I called same day to cancel my Internet as it didn't even work in my room. A resort of this calibre and price should just include it. Heck just add it in to the cost, seriously. And must improve quality/speed.
Timeshare/excursions sales. Let me come to you if I'm interested in something. Don't need the pushy aggressive sales technique.
Did not appreciate the tour company "cancel" my ride back to the airport because I declined to attend their "mandatory" meeting / boiler room sales push. But I will take this up with Best Day / Westjet.
In light of all this, I would recommend the resort but just be aware of these points.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos