I can honestly say I’ve never written a review in my life but considering prior to my trip I was on trip advisor every day, I feel it’s only right for me to write my own. I traveled with my boyfriend from New York and stayed for 9 days, 8 nights. We booked with Cheap Carribean.com and got a great price! First let me tell ya we traveled Aero Mexico out of JFK and I was a little nervous at first because I never traveled Aero Mexico; however I was pleasantly surprised it was great. They served meals and liqueur for free… and the way home it only took us 2hours and 45 min to get back
After reading numerous other reviews prior to my trip I was truly prepared for the worst, but I have to say I think people are being a little harsh.
The time shares ‘sharks’ aren’t as bad as people make them out to be. If your honest and say ‘ ya know what I’m not interested’ then they will leave you alone. Or you can suck It up and sit through it and get a free massage out of it. The beaches are great, the water is a little rocky but not to the point where you can’t go swimming. We brought water shoes for running on the beach and ext. so I would advise you to buy a cheap pair; actually we used the water shoes for everything. As for the chairs, I never had a problem getting two chairs under a little palm tree but I was up early and I didn’t mind going down to the beach and watching the sunrise but I could see how people would get annoyed. But there are seriously an abundance of chairs ; I did not see on person laying on the sand.
The staff I found was very friendly, everyone was smiling and it was a very comfortable environment. It you take care of the bartenders, waiters and housekeeper then you won’t have any issues. I took advice from a previous writer and tipped the housekeeper the first day and requested extra towels and bottled water; no joke we had extra towels everyday and over 24 water bottles in our room.
We were in building 16 on the 4th floor which was a great view of the pool and the ocean, I definitely took advantage of the balcony; we people watched and also had a great view of the shows at night. The beds are very uncomfortable; but the overall room is great.
We tried all four restaurants and never had any problem making reservations (maybe because it was only 2 of us) but I would make reservations for a few days ahead. For example our first night there I made a reservation for Sunday night and we tried the buffet the first night. The food was good, no real complaints. Buffet breakfast was great and I also loved the room service selection.
The drinks were strong (not strong enough that you couldn’t drink it but strong enough to enjoy it) and they gave decent liquor. My only complaint was the Corona on tap was not that cold! They defiantly need to make it colder!! The music around the pool was not loud enough, only when they did pool aerobics was it loud. I wished they had some reggae bands that played outside or a little bit more Caribbean music around the pool. At night in the lobby bar they had a saxophone player that was good but very boring, put me to sleep. The band that played entertaining, I just wish they played outside.
As many people mentioned in other reviews the resort does lack night life after 10 pm but they do have a disco that plays from 11-1am that is not bad, my boyfriend and I only made it out past 10 pm one night because your honestly doing so much during the day and the sun and drinks alone make you ‘shot!’ I wish they had more than one Jacuzzi because it filled up very fast and kind of grossed me out because there were so many bodies in the Jacuzzi and the water temperature could be a little ‘hotter’ and it only stays open until 7pm!!!
We took a bike your into town one day and had a great time with friends we met. One night we went into town for drinks and found a lot of cool little bars. I would defiantly recommend going into town, they even have a few really nice restaurants on the water.
We did two excursions ATV’s which was so awesome along with a cave adventure and the Catamaran/snorkeling trip which was fun except the snorkeling was very long , or at least it felt like it … but it was a great experience and exercise!
Overall my boyfriend and I had a great time, we are both in our late 20’s however did not mind all of the kids and met so many great people. The resort is not huge so it’s very easy to acclimate yourself and adjust to your new environment. I would defiantly be going back in the near future with my whole family!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos