I agree with the comments made by Barbara L. from Flin Flon. First off here's what we liked. The room was nice with lots of space. The staff were "outstanding". They were always cheerful and I think the smile was glued on their faces. I always enjoyed talking with them. Kudo's go to the pool staf who organized and controled all the daily happenings and games by the pool. They could really get you involved. The grounds were in tip top shape and the whole resort was spotless. Enjoyed my daily visit with the turtles and lonely croc. The food was good but at times was cold. My wife and I don't eat any sea food but for sea food lovers this is the place for you.
I do want to thank the Best Day Staff of Joe..Hulio...and Timotho. They were always there for us and it was comforting to know they would look after us promptly. Well done Guys.
Now for some of the dislikes. We did not get the room that we asked for. Even though we booked in September we were told the room we asked for was not available. We had asked for a simple room with an ocean view and two double beds. We ended up in building 18 on the 2nd floor looking at trees and a river and had a king size bed. Our sink was plugged for our 14 day stay and we reported this 4 times to the front desk with no help from them. I feel the time Share people are like Vultures. Until you are recognized by them there will approach you every time you are near the lobby. The location of the hotel is not very good. I would be ok if the collectivo's were still available but since they are not $10.00 is pretty expensive for a one way trip to town. Getting 2 face cloths....2 hand towels ...a shower mat was almost impossible. I think we had to go and find the cleaning staff pretty well everyday to get something that should have been in the room. I realize this is a children friendly Resort. Outside in the pool area and the childrens play area fun was had by all. However inside in the dining area it was impossible to have a fairly quiet evening meal. Another point with the kids is that there were times when we wanted to have a before dinner drink or one after diiner there were no seats available in the indoor bar as Time Share people were doing their thing with new comers and family's were there with their kids. I thought a bar was for adults!! There were no newspapers available unless you had the gold band on your wrist. The gift shop received about 5 daily but they were gone in a heart beat.
Now for my biggest complaint. WHERE IS THE CANADIAN FLAG OUTSIDE???? My wife and I were shocked that there was no flag representing Canada. I would be willing to bet there were more Canadians at the resort than anyone else. We asked the front desk staff but they didn't know why. There is not even a pole for our flag.
Now having said what I have , we did have an enjoyable holiday. I only hope my review will help someone looking to visit the El Cid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos