Let me first start this by saying.....if anyone has a negative comment to say about this resort, they are clearly looking for something to whine about.
The staff is amazing, didier, deyanira, Melina, Mary, Robert, Paulo, Antonio, louis, just to name a few, they will make any other place you stay at look bad when it comes to customer service. They are there to please you, and take their jobs seriously and are very passionate, kind souls. When we arrived, there was a note to our family asking us to please enjoy our week with two tuxedo strawberries on it that we're fresh and delicious.
There is always someone cleaning, be it a pool, the beach, from hand rails to cutting the grass - the place is immaculate!
The food is great - my father commented he would be back simply for the cooking! The buffet in the main lobby was our favourite spot, although the food is similar everywhere you go. I did find the service at the Alcazar better, everyone is friendly and eager to please though!
We got married here and it was simple, quick and amazing! They were able to use my iPhone and play our songs easily for the ceremony.
They have a wide variety of drinks - alcoholic and non-alcoholic. Their bar staff is knowledgable and fun - our group was especially fond of Robert! On his night off, I grabbed my iPod dock and the other bartender let me plug it in and get the party started!
If you are spiritual and want to experience tradition, I strongly suggest the temazcal. It is one of my favourite memories, aside from the wedding! :)
We had three children with us, two are ours, they were able to play in the pool and in the ocean and had a blast! We were a bit weary of letting them out of our site at first, but two days into our stay we felt fine with leaving them at the pool alone as this resort is extremely safe!
I cannot say enough nice things about this place, we will certainly be back to let everyone know in person how lucky we feel to have had all of these wonderful people touch our lives with such kindness and gratitude.
Enjoy your stay here, it's beautiful and well worth it! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos