THis was my frouth trip to Cancun/Puerto Morales with my sisters (YAYA!) We have stayed at several places - the NOw Jade, THe RUi Cancun, and hte Azul Sensotori. THis was by far our favorite. First of all, we had a 2 bedroom suite, which was great for us - it can be such a hassle funding hotels with adjoining room - we may have preferred an upper floor but our patios (one iwth jacuzzi!) looked right at the beach and was VERY convenient to the pools, the beach and the bar by the adult jacuzzi/spa area. The people were great the staff at meals were funa nd accomodating - Vincente, Didier, bartenders Angel and others I wish I remembered the names of were TERRIFIC! Angel inthe Platinum club checked us in easily and we were all coming form different pplaces arriving at different times and it was hasslefree.
THe towel thing was no big deal, the drinks were great - jsut ask what you want and all the bars had dark rum, good gin (beefeater and tanguray) and absolut vodka so jsut specify and you are good. My sister lovd the high end tequillas in the platinum lounge - we would always do the Platinum service - nice to go in and be able to get whatever drink you want and a snack.
ALso, most resorts have house white wine that is undrinkable - the red is boarderline drinkable. Well, at this resort the white was not the best of course but it was drinkable. I think they had a better blend in the platinum club. the red was also better than most. The wine list that you can buy from is fullof wines we pay 7 or 8 buck for in the US and they are 30 to 50 on the lsit - typical but not much better than the house - at least the ones I noticed.
Teh food was good - at All inclusives my expectations are always low - the buffet was good fro breakfast and luch especially - the fish they prepared each day was delicious! The restuartn were OK - the marina was my LEAST fav. The mediteranean was OK - they have a fun special coffee drink that was delicious! THe MExican restruant was also OK - the sauces were delicisou but the meat was dry (I had pork) THe rooms were FANTASTIC and again, the staff wlecoming, fun and accomodating. the evening entertainment was OK - the Karoke was most fun and band in lobby was fun to dance to. The disco doesn't start until 11 so we never quite made it tot hat so I can't comment. I wopuld definitley be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos