We have just arrived back from 2 weeks of staying in this hotel.
We booked this in May 2011 after getting married in Greece the year before, so this was our honeymoon and you can say we were very much looking forward to it.
First impressions were amazing but this soon changed after being hassled for what they said would be 90 mins of our time but was really 3 hours later 4 sales reps trying to talk us in to a timeshare.
We have stayed in all inclusive places before in Greece and Cuba and it was very different with regards to the dining arrangements. Normally you have a buffett which is open every evening for dinner and then you have your A la carte restaurants which you make reservations for...no not this hotel the buffett was only open fri-mon for what seemed to be for when the locals come for a weekend. There was only ever 2 options for dining of an evening and if you don't like seafood then I wouldn't recommend you stay here. Same food all the time. Although the alcazar restaurant was very nice and nice staff.
If you do stay here then I would recommend you take money with you and do not rely on the cash machin in the hotel and this didn't work after 1 week into our stay and although we and a few other couples reported it, it was still not working when we left. And doesn't work at all with debit cards...good job we took our credit card.
Rooms were nice but cleanliness wasn't at all. Our bed got changed once and that was the night before we left...very pointless!!! The maid seem to do what was the basic cleaning like changing towels etc and I think our room got swept twice in our stay.
We spent 12 days out of 14 by the beach as the pool was disgusting! Never once did I see it get cleaned.
Entertainment on a night was very boring, we were back in our room by 9pm every night as there was not much happening at all apart from the same singer in the lobby every night.
Maintenance work started on our block whilst we was there. Just as we went back to the room for a siesta you would hear banging and drilling etc. I understand maintenance work has to be done but surely do it one block at a time, so it doesn't ruin people's stay.
On a good note the concierge Maureen is lovely and would do anything to help!
This has put us off Mexico. We will NOT be returning and I wouldn't give this the 5 star rating it has.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelsforEveryone so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos