3 negatives -
1. You cannot avoid their "upgrade" timeshare pitch. You have to dedicate an couple of hours and they simply won't take no for an answer. They even suggested we put our 11 years old in the Kid's club (geared for children much younger) so they can pitch us. When we finally said no, the lady practically cried and said they would penalize her. The "discounts" you get for snorkeling and the tours are NOT part of the Platinum Club. When we said no, we walked over to the tour office in the lobby and got a better deal.... First they offer you something that matches it, then you say, "do you have any promotions?" and they give you a better deal. It's a shame this resort made me feel like I was getting a timeshare pitch.
2. There are not enough chairs by the pool.... around the 2nd day, you realize you have to go out at 2am and out a towel down on a chair to reserve a spot. Not relaxing.
3. Not very vegetarian friendly. My fiance is a vegetarian and was pregnant. So unfortunately, she could not drink alcohol.....but her food was limited to spinach salads every night from the buffet.
Also... beware of the "kid's stay free" pitch. It's for children 5-under....so when we showed up with a 7 and 11 year old, we had to fork out some $$$. SNEAKILY, if we paid cash (that we're sure went in the receptionists pocket) we got a mega discount. So there goes all of our spending cash on day 1.
Aside from that, it's still Mexico and it's still fun....if you drink enough alcohol and don't look for things to complain about, it ends up ok.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Travelocity, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos