We travelled on Mar 9-17th, 20 people with kids ranging from 8-15. Everybody had an absolute blast!! We received great service from the time we walked in to the hotel. The bellboys and front desk staff were friendly and did their best to accomodate our requests as we were all in the same building, 18, which was very convenient being close to the pool and lobby area. We negotiated an upgrade and got a nice jacuzzi room on the ground floor. The time share people never even approached us.
The rooms were very clean, modern and well maintained. The beds were firm, but comfortable and getting extra pilllows or towels was never a problem. The mini fridge was restocked daily with beer and water and extra beverages when requested were always provided. The pool area was fantastic. The jumping cliff was a huge hit with both the adults and kids. There were always activities going on but no one bothered you if you didn't want to participate. The waiters and bartenders were always friendly and having premium liquor was impressive. How anyone could complain about the food is beyond me. If you can't find something on the buffet that you don't like then you should not go on a vacation. The quality and variety of the food was excellent. The Ala Carte restaurants were very good, however there did seem to be some confusion when booking them. The rules of when you can book them did seem to change and try to book them early in your trip. We never did get to eat at the Marina Seafood Restaurant, perhaps having 20 of us made this difficult.
The beach volleyball and bar area was a lot of fun and it turns in to a nice place at night to have a drink. Aaron known as, 'The Rooster' works in the towel area and booked us on a great Catamaran snorkelling tour. Mario was our captain and he treated us to a great time. The only slight disappointment might have been the beach past the hotel as it gets somewhat rocky and unfortunately you can't walk too far, although you can walk the other direction where there is another resort. I can't say enough about the staff and the service. The grounds are immaculate everyone is friendly and they are very hardworking people. We tipped the servers and maids and they deserved and appreciated it. If you want a great family resort at a reasonable price this is the one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Retreat to a luxury paradise of turquoise Caribbean waters, soothing breezes, Mayan cultural sites and beautiful, aromatic flora and fauna. Situated near the charming bohemian fishing village of Puerto Morelos, overlooking the world's second largest coral reef park, this family oriented, all-inclusive beach resort offers a quiet alternative to the larger hotels in Riviera Maya. Enjoy amazing snorkeling, diving, sailing and sport fishing directly from our shores. With a selection of diverse restaurants, fabulous pools, adults-only Jacuzzi, Mayan-oriented spa, complete fitness center, full-service marina and more -- there is everything to do or nothing at all. • Family & Eco friendly Ocean Front Resort • Exclusive large suites • Great All Inclusive & Platinum All Inclusive meal plan options • Four tantalizing restaurants featuring a la carte and delicious buffets • Macondo Ocean Deck Bar with infinity pool • 22,000-square-foot pool • Beautiful landscaping, expansive sandy beach, hammocks. • Convention Center. • Ocean Front El Cocay Spa. • Full-service Marina 120-slip marina • WIFI Internet Access (fee) • Kids Club Center • Fitness center with the latest cardio equipment, free weights and a spinning class area • Pronatours Tour Desk • Half hour from Cancun/Riviera Maya International Airport and 20 minutes from downtown Cancun/Riviera Maya and Playa del Carmen. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Groupon, BookIt.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa And Beach Resort
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Puerto Morelos
- Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Riviera Maya
- El Cid Riviera Maya
- Hotel Marina El Cid Beach
- El Cid Puerto Morelos
- Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos