“Great Family Restaurant”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Very friendly staff, wonderful ambiance, great food. Welcoming to families with small children for dinner. Enabled us to linger over a lovely dinner with good wine. Totally wonderful evening for everyone.

Reviewed May 21, 2014

The restaurant had a nice local feel to it, the staff friendly. The food is good standard Mexican fare. Only thing is at night there are mosquitos.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

El Sabor De Mexico is a short block north of the square, which accounts for the great prices. Their breakfast special is the least expensive we saw anywhere in Puerto, and it was good. It included a large fruit plate that was all freshly cut just for us, and the servings were generous. We ate there a few times, and service was always very friendly. It's a relative newcomer and not in the guidebooks yet, which keeps it uncrowded.

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We had an enjoyable breakfast here. The prices were reasonable. My family liked it better than me but they got my order wrong. I am sure I said it incorrectly but I also pointed to it on the menu and showed the waitress. I wish we had the other waiter. He was much nicer and better. For the record the sunny side up eggs they gave me (not what I ordered) did taste good. My family all enjoyed their food too and got what they wanted. It surprised me they have champagne on the bar but wont serve mimosas. You would have to buy a whole bottle. I would return again.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had breakfast, drinks, and dinner on three different days during our stay in PM. This family owned restaurant has a quiet, cozy patio and above all great food, prices, and staff. Even with some other strong contenders in PM, El Sabor de Mexico truly takes pride in what they serve and how they treat costumers. After every meal, we were treated with a mezcalito. By far my favorite place to dine in Puerto Morelos.