Just returned from a 5-night stay at ERC (Jan. 25-30). The main objective of our trip was relaxation and ERC certainly provided that.
1. FOOD - This was our first time at an all-inclusive and it was very nice to have the choice of many restaurants with no reservations necessary -- the 24-hr. room service was terrific - especially nice for breakfast as I'm not fond of having to get showered first thing for coffee. The food was delivered promptly (always within 1/2 hr). The restaurants located at the pool, The Grill and Lobster House, served good lunch-time fare. The service in The Grill on one occasion was horribly slow but we soon found out that the meals could be delivered either pool-side or beach-side so whe never bothered wasting precious sun time after that. The restaurants we chose to eat at for dinner, Toscana, Barcelona & Chez Isabelle, were average at best. The service, however, was great (especially Alfredo at Chez Isabelle). This just isn't a place to go if you're looking for great food -- but then again, at an AI we weren't really expecting it. In a nutshell, good breakfasts, good lunch, average dinners.
2. RESORT -- Very beautifully maintained! The meandering pools throughout were kept exceptionally clean and looked beautiful. The beach was much prettier than we anticipated having read prior reviews -- more than enough palapas and the sand was a powdery white. The water was warm enough for me band I was surprised there weren't more brave souls! Word of caution, if you decide to take a walk in either direction off the resort, it isn't so attractive -- beach has lots of debris. The swim-up bar at the main pool was alot of fun and people very friendly -- grab a drink and float around on the many floats provided.
3. SPA -- Wonderful! My husband I booked side-by-side massages (I, aromatherapy and he, deep tissue). Included in the price was a 1-hr. hydrotherapy circuit beforehand -- gets the blood flowing! A very relaxing experience and I'm glad we treated ourselves.
4. ENTERTAINMENT/ACTIVITIES -- Plenty of activities provided during the day if you wanted to participate -- we went to the tequila tasting which was fun and actually informative. No more tequila here unless it's 100% agave! You can really do as much or as little as you desire here. The band at the pool during the day was nice however the "shows" at night at the theatre are hokey. But you can just sit in one of the many comfy lounge chairs, have a drink and wait for the fun in the disco to begin at 11:00! The disco was fun and one night had Karaoke which was funny.
As we were there for only 5 days and mainly wanted to relax in the sun, we only spent one-day off-resort -- went down to Playa del Carmen and was pleasantly surprised by its New Orleans-like festive atmosphere -- we were glad we spent a little time there so we actually felt like we'd seen a bit of Mexico!
In short (or actually length!), this is a terrific place to get away from it all with your spouse or s.o. and enjoy the sun -- you'll have a great time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos