Oh I would love to tell you all about it, but I will run out of space and time.
It was our first trip to Mexico from states, we usually travel to Spain, Turkey and other European resorts(since we used to leave in Europe for a long time), but this time we wanted something close to states, without any time changes. The flight was only 3 hours from Chicago and we were offered transportation right way, which was arranged earlier. It took only about 25 min to get to hotel.
Before going there, I did spent a lot of time reading reviews and comparing all inclusive, adults only resorts at Riviera Maya, so I was a bit skeptical after reading some of them about this place. I wanted to make sure our trip unforgettable, since we were also going to get married there. And we weren't disappointed!
First of all, our ceremony was beautiful. Ramon-wedding coordinator did a pretty good job arranging everything. Our photographer Mauricio Clayton and the guy that filmed everything (I don't remember his name, but he did remembered to add music to dvd that I asked for!:) were fun to work with and we have beautiful pictures and dvd for memories, thanks to them.
Food and the service were exceptional as well. You have a choice of 8 different restaurants. We didn't really care for Mexican food, so that was the only one place that we didn't visit. But resort did a huge outdoor mexican buffet night event, when we could taste authentic mexican food while listening to mariachi music. We really enjoyed dinning at Lobster house, Grill was good too, as well as French and Spice with asian food (except sushi there).
Entertainment was available for you every day. I thing that was neat. You would get the list/schedule of different option every day including yoga, tennis lessons, beach volleyball, games, shows, concerts etc, so you just can choose whatever you feel like doing. If you don't feel doing anything you can always socialize by main pool, or if you prefer to stay in a quiet spot by pool, you can find that it as well.
We had to problems finding towels or available chairs on the beach or by pools, though maybe because our morning were starting pretty late around 12 pm:)
For those who is interested in running, there is a lane to run around the resort or a lot of people was running by the ocean (the sand is really easy to run on). I regret that I didn't bring my running shoes, because somebody mentioned in reviews that there is no space for that. Not true! And gym is really spacious and well equipped as well.
I have to mention also resorts spa Mille. It was truly an oasis of natural luxury, that I just absolutely loved. Thank you Karen, for helping to make my wedding day and me, beautiful and special.
There were no bugs on resort (it might be different if you are traveling during another time of the year) or smell in the room (we stayed at building number 6). We had little ants in the room though, that I sprayed with my bug spray and they have disappeared:)
Defiantly recommend that place to everybody. I was concerned about the age of people who were staying at resort when I read reviews. But it was a great balanced mix from 20 something to 60's. Mostly travelers from States and Canada as well as a few British visitors.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos