$308
$285
$241
  • Breakfast included
Now Jade Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$189
$478
$222
$406
Grand Residences Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
$236
$304
14,384 results
All reviewslazy riverchez isabellelobstermartini barthe grillflavor marketsol barspa viewbarcelona restaurantclub poolroom serviceour honeymoonfrench restaurantlas olasclub levelmichael jackson showswim up room
Reviewed September 23, 2017

Amazing hotel with incredible staff, good food and a setting to deliver exactly what you want for your vacation.
This was an extended weekend stay, just another girlfriend and myself, looking to do nothing but lay on the beach, eat, drink and relax. That is exactly what we did.
The beach area is very nice and spacious with plenty of places to choose from to set up for the day. There is beach service so there was no need for us to leave the beach at all during the day, which was exactly what we wanted.
If you're the vacation type that is looking for more activity, there is a whole schedule of events that could keep any one very busy and engaged during the day. There is music at the pools and many water games and contests throughout the day.
Restaurants: There are so many restaurants to choose from at this hotel. It's amazing, French, Indian, Italian, etc - really, whatever you are in the mood for, I'm certain they have.
There is also a main outdoor stage area for evening entertainment. While my friend and I did not go to the shows, it is just one more thing they offer that shows this hotel really aims to entertain and please their guests.
Room was excellent and very clean.
Overall, I absolutely recommend this hotel, regardless of the type of vacationer you may be!

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2017

OK! So we landed about 5 hrs ago and feel the need to go straight back!
To begin with I will start with the bad points!
There are none whatsoever!! This hotel is simply the best we have been to "EVER".
From the moment we left the coach we were greeted with a cold face cloth and a huge smile and hola. We walked through the automatic opening doors into a magnificent marble clad lobby. Check in was very quick and painless, we were shown to our rooms 1103 & 1104 overlooking the lazy pool and were taken aback with the sheer size, a Whirlpool bath, walk in shower and separate loo, and the bed......... Oh my god! A high rise bed a little too soft for me but very comfy! Down into a seating area then onto the balcony. And that's just the room!!!!
The staff are constantly buzzing about keeping the gardens and ground tidy and trim in the 30+ degree heat but always with a smile. The beach is talcum powder white and soft, every morning cleared of seaweed!
The food is second to none of any place we have stayed with 3 restaurants where men can wear dress shorts (outside dining) and all are a-la-cart no booking needed just walk in and get seated!!!! Breakfast and lunch are a choice of buffet or a-la-cart its up to you!
I can't comment on the evening entertainment as we don't go to it, not our thing! Oh forgot to mention the mini bar is restocked every day and there are also 3 bottle's of spirits and a bottle of red wine, if you empty them, guess what? They get replaced! How good is that??
The bar staff are excellent at their work, now I don't normally do this but, a special shout out has to go to "Luis" in the stars bar, this man is an absolute legend!!! He never seems to get in a flap when busy, in fact he relishes it! And he mixes awesome cocktails often 2 or 3 different customers at a time.
The hotel celebrated Mexico's independence day on the 15th September and it was just fantastic! And have many themed nights!! My wife and I have been to the Caribbean every year for the past 5 years but absolutely nothing comes close to the detail, care and attention that the ERC gives its customers.
The Excellence Riviera Cancun customer lives up to its name!!!!
Keep doing what you are doing! Its just perfection in every way!!
Will we return? You better believe it! Why wouldn't we want to be pampered this way?
Any questions, don't hesitate to ask

Room Tip: All are stunning!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Ian S
Excellence G, Community Manager at Excellence Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2017

Dear Ian,

First and foremost, allow us to thank you for choosing Excellence Riviera Cancun as host of your holidays and for taking the time to share your experience with all Trip Advisor users.

We are amused to read your amiable words regarding your experience with us and to know that you had a well-deserved relaxing time at our resort. Thank you for mentioning the gorgeous facilities & amenities and the tasty food served which made your stay a delighting paradise.

It will be a great honor to welcome you again soon!

Please receive our warmest regards from Riviera Maya!

Reviewed September 22, 2017

First, I would like to say the ending to my Birthday was good. Although this was a celebration of 30 years of marriage, this was also my Birthday celebration, which my husband really focus on. Every effort was made to make up for the not so good way my birthday began, which I won't go in to. But because the actual day had past, and most of the week was spent trying to recover from the unpleasant feeling, the vacation wasn't a good as I'd wanted.

The resort overall is nice, the grounds are impeccable. All the staff, with exception of the reception staff, are wonderful. The maids, waiters, bell boys, bartenders, even grounds personnel, are truly service people.
We didn't go to all of the restaurants. Chez Isabelle, the French restaurant was spectacular, the food was fresh and the presentation was great. Barcelona's breakfast buffet was plentiful and tasty. We normally ordered room service for lunch, and our food always arrived hot and within the time that was stated. Agave, the Mexican restaurant was good, and the guacamole tasted very fresh. The Lobster House should be moved to a better location since it's so small and very popular. They only have 20 tables and when you have large parties dining, the wait can be extremely long. Overall the food in was good. Basmati, the Indian restaurant was truly authentic to its name. The food was very, very delicious. Toscana, the Italian restaurant was good, with the most delicious parmesan ice cream. Spice, the Asian restaurant has great sushi, but the food was not good. The noodles for my pad thai, was over cooked and there were peanut pieces and not grounded up peanuts. It was actually inedible for me.
There is a limited supply of "premium" alcohol, and the mixers had an after taste as if they were made with artificial sweetener, which resulted in my husband and I not being able to enjoy the drinks until the last night, when we found drinks that didn't have to use mixers.
The room was nice and spacious with ample storage. We made ourselves get out on day 3 and we actually enjoyed the lazy river and met some frequent guests, and had a really nice time in the main pool with them. The entertainment could be better. For a touted 5-star resort, it was lack luster, with the exception of the circus show which was recycled in other ways.
They spend and absorbant amount of time trying to sell you spa services, which is so annoying. Although the bed is on a platform, it's extremely comfortable.

Lastly, I would like to Thank the people who tried to brighten up the last few hours of our stay. Please note that your efforts didn't go unnoticed and we truly appreciate all you did for us within that time. I have asked for my previous review to be removed, mainly because it wasn't placed on my primary account. I have updated my rating because of ALL of your efforts. As I stated to you, this wasn't about money, this was about principle.

My request to potential visitors is to read the reviews and take heed to all the comments, including the negative ones.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SugaPiesNana
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

From the staff to the amenities to the Spanish lessons everything was top notch. I was not use to being waited on hand and foot, but once I was it was hard to come home. My favorite restaurant was Toscana. I was greeted with the warmest celebration for my birthday with an elaborate decorated slice of cake. This made my birthday away from home truly memorable.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Stacy L
Reviewed September 22, 2017 via mobile

We were so surprised and excited when we arrived at this hotel. Romantic setting, so ckeansers and friendly and more than full filled our expectations. We were shown to our room in block 6 and settled in before dinner. The first night we had a couple if bites so asked them to spray the room. Second night my husband had them on his face and they sprayed the room again. BTW tge third night I was bitten quite badly but my husband didn't have a piece if skin not bitten in his grace neck and hands. They agreed to move us to the newly furbished rooms because it turned out that the room we were in had an infestation.
Even though we were upset at this turn of events we would still return because we have not found anywhere else which comes up to the same standard, service or quality. Food fantastic like eating out in London every night. Fridge stocked with chocolate and drink including alcohol large bottles. Entertainment very good for abroad.
Outside if mosquitoes I cannot fault this hotel. Go you will have a fabulous tome but ask for books 1-4 over bear the spa.

Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple
5  Thank LETRACE
Excellence G, Community Manager at Excellence Riviera Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Dear LETRACE,

Let us thank you for choosing Excellence Riviera Cancun as host of your holiday and for sharing your experience with all Trip Advisor readers.

We are very pleased for your generous remarks of the positive sides of your experience with us. Thank you for mentioning that service provided by our colleagues and the quality of food encountered were able to exceed your expectations.

In addition, we apologize about the mosquitoes in our open areas. We are not looking to dismiss your review, however, we would like to explain that we have a complete program for pest control and fumigation throughout all the hotel areas. But as you know this is something very common of the tropical climate, especially in the Caribbean whose surroundings are mainly composed by beautiful mangroves.

We hope we can welcome you again soon and provide another memorable experience.

Receive our warmest regards from Riviera Maya!