We had Room 7151...don't recommend this if you paid for Excellence Club Beachfront Suite....you get the room of the palm tree in front of it and that is al :) It was a corner room, so that made up for it!
The property, pools and people are fabulous! Humberto at the Stars Bar is the best man ever :) He makes great drinks...even Cosmos! :) He's a fun guy that will easily snatch your camera and make you feel at home. Amable in the Excellence Club pool area is great with your drinks as well....she's wonderfully friendly and genuinely concerned!
The rooms were average. We've had nicer. They just need updating....and they are a tad small. The lighting is awful...for you ladies out there! Applying make-up and fixing my hair was quite the task.
The Lobster House had the worst lobster I have ever had! Horrible. One was so tough, I could barely cut it. The other was raw! The other restaurants all faired out well. The Grill had my favorite...nachos. They were just yummy. Towards the end of the week, the chips get a tad stale, but overall...worth it! Agave has great atmosphere...loved it in there. The shrimp burritos were my favorite :)
The beach is wonderfully clean and very white! It's alot nicer than the beaches in Cancun!
Overall, I would go back. I think the price is a tad high and the "Excellence Club", wasn't worth the extra penny. There's building 6 and I believe 9, that aren't "club" rooms and they are still in front of the beach...just set back! They had better views than we did.
Also, if you are handicapped or in a wheel chair...good luck, as the rooms are not ADA like in the United States.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Excellence Group LLC, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, BookIt.com and Hotwire so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos