If you've booked to go here you'll not be disappointed, the standards of service, cleanliness and quality certainly live up to it's name. We had a standard room which was spacious and cleaned daily plus a turn down service. The first week we stayed was quite (due to swine flu) but I loved it as we had the pick of restaurants, sun loungers etc, in the second week we did have to be paged a couple of times for restaurant not that it's a problem as your on holiday in a fantastic hotel, the sun loungers were harded to get if you wanted shade in our second week and believe me you'll need some shade, this wasn't the hotels fault just the selfish guests who put a towel out to reserve a bed then turned up hours later, some people also took about 5 towels each and on a couple of occasions we had to search for a clean beach towel but the hotel staff were replenising as quick as they could.
The staff, one word "Excellent" so genuinely friendly and they could not do enough for you, you must get a Mojito from the Martini Bar - it's made to perfection, mind you so are the Margaritas, Miami Vices, Tequilla Sunrise... the list is endless!
Food - "Excellent" I loved the French Restaurant and the Lobster House/Bar & Grill but all the food I had was fantastic.
Negative (finding this hard but it is a constructive review) - Location is isolated and not within walking distance to a town it's centrally place between Cancun and Playa del Carmen - however this might be a positive for you. As far as the location in relation to the beach and sea goes this is a little piece of paradise as you'll see from my photos.
If you've never been to Mexico before be prepared to struggle with your next holiday as you'll find it hard to beat the standards and friendliness that Mexico offers - and one last word - Enjoy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Excellence Group LLC, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Despegar.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos