This was our third trip to Excellence riviera Maya and we continue to LOVE this resort! This year we decided to upgrade to the "Excellence Club" rooms, which have clear views of the ocean and are closer to the beach and most of the restaurants. While the room itself was identical to the other rooms we've stayed in before, the location was an advantage, as my husband has some mobility challenges and is uncomfortable with too much walking. The Excellence Club also has other perks, including a dedicated pool and beach area which we enjoyed, premium liquor, which didn't really matter to us, private check-in which was very nice, and the Excellence Club lounge, which had snacks and drinks throughout the day and was a lovely indoor spot.
As always, the food was great, the grounds were immaculate, and there were plenty of options for things to do. But what really sets this resort apart from the rest is the incredible service. Everyone, from the gardeners and electricians to the waiter to the concierge staff, is always smiling, pleasant, and helpful. We just can't say enough about how wonderful the people are here.
I also want to mention the yoga classes offered at Excellence. I've been studying yoga for almost 10 years and am quite picky about yoga instructors. During our 7 days at Excellence, I enjoyed three yoga classes with Paola, a lovely young instructor. Her beach-front classes were well-taught and soothing, and appropriate for just about any level yoga student. I also took one class with a man whose name I did not catch. His class, held on the terrace of the spa, was definitely more challenging. He is obviously an amazing yogi himself, and a good teacher, but I wouldn't recommend his classes to beginners. I think it would be a good idea for the resort to identify his classes as more advanced, and Paola's classes as more gentle yoga.
We are already blocking out dates for another visit to Excellence in 2015. It's absolutely wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos