My parents and aunt/uncle have been here 11 times collectively so they've been urging me to go. I finally went from 11/5 through 11/12/13 and it was all that they have been saying it was. The entire property was spotless- even the remote common areas, bathrooms, etc.
The restaurants had a unique feel to each. Despite being on the same property, when going to dinner each night the variety was nice to have at our disposal. Specifically we ate at the French (2 times), Italian, Mexican night in the common area which they set up beautifully, the Lobster House and the steak house.
The people there really cared about providing a premium level of service to all guests which was apparent.
I even utilized the medical doctor on staff 24/7 to help rid me of a lingering sinus infection when we first arrived.
Helpful and pleasurable employees included: Aravi/Daniella/Mariana (concierge), Fernando/Alejandro/Joel (bartenders), Fernando (steak house server), Isac (Mexican night server/Agave) and a special thanks to Jorge and Luis for their constant work in the entertainment category. Jorge (Mega-tron AKA Calvin Johnson) is full of energy and was exemplary in coordinating the daily beach activities (soccer, volleyball, football) as well as happy hour activities like Bingo. These types of things created a nice atmosphere among guests and provided a forum for meeting people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Cons: The only thing that frustrated me was that we had difficulty getting a table for 6 at the French restaurant each time we went. They wanted to give us two tables, one of four and one of two. We were able to finally get a table for 6, but if that's something that they don't allow/want for that particular restaurant, they should put in the restaurant description that they provide for each place. It would allow guests in groups to plan more effectively.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., BookIt.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos