My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon. Excellence was just a dream come true! We were married at another resort in Mexico and I thought is was great, but excellence is just above and beyond. I felt spoiled rotten every minute I was there! If you're second guessing this resort, don't! You will have an amazing time in pure luxury! We were at Excellence for 10 days and I love to share travel info so I think it's best to break it down by category.
What I liked best, everything really was all-inclusive, no hidden fees, or "clubs" or upgrades. You don't have to make reservations for dinner and you aren't limited to how many nights you can make dinner reservations.
Food: we ate at all of the restaurants at least once. They are all amazing! Even the buffets! By far, the French restaurant was the best. We never had to wait for a table, but we ate at 6 or 6:30 cause we don't like to eat too late. There's a lobster restaurant that you can go to every night...where else can you eat lobster at no extra charge every night, or filet mignon for that matter, (they rotate one restaurant off a night, just a heads up, but there are sooooo many restaurants that this isn't a problem).
Alcohol/drinks: when they say top shelf, they aren't lying. Lots of beer choices, wine and liquor choices. The wine, even though its not fancy, is still pretty good. Oh and the alcohol in the rooms was always stocked and a good choice of beer, wine, liquor. (Also water, soda, and snacks in the room)
Service: amazing, flawless, pleasant, friendly, fast.
Room service: you will be spoiled! My tip is to order as soon as you wake up, so by the time it's gets there you're awake.
Rooms: large, clean, beautiful, well stocked. Nice balconies. Great jetted tub in every room.
Grounds: always clean and tidy. Not a small resort, but not huge either. Lots of bars and restaurants, not a long walk to anything.
Beach/pools: the lazy river with the floats was awesome! The beach is clean, soft sand, wide beach. Palapas/ little grass shade huts every where. Lots of chairs! Great bartender service, allowing you to relax and never move a muscle if you don't want to! The ocean was just kind of ok...I was impressed with the ocean, it was a little murky and had a very small roped off, safe swimming section. People were still swimming, but I preferred to just sit and sun...and drink...
I wouldn't change a thing and I will be back! It was a dream come true!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Orbitz, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos