Returned on the 20th March after spending a fabulous 14 nights at this fantastic resort.
It must be one of the most reviewed hotels on Trip Advisor and certainly deserves its rating as No 1 choice.
We stayed in a swim up suite room number 3008 and for us it was the best room on site (though I cannot comment on the Excellence Club Rooms). Occupying a corner plot opposite the spa, it had a large grassed area between the patio and lazy river which enabled us to get the sun from 8am through 5pm in March. Some of the rooms are in shade for a large part of the day. OK its as far from the main piattza as you can get (about 6 min walk) but can't understand why anyone would complain about this.
There are 8 restaurants and 10 bars. All tasteful. We dined at each restaurant at least twice and found the food superb and in the main the service was excellent. Our favourite was Spice but sometimes the Teppanyaki parties could be a tad noisy which spoils the intimacy. Our least favourite (not because of food quality) was Toscana as it lacked atmosphere and the service was, in our experience, the least good.
You can't fault the quality and quantity of the drinks, the appearance and attitude of staff was EXCELLENT and a credit to the respective teams.
Evening entertainment was very good on the whole, by 9.30pm everyone is quite merry anyway.
During our stay I would say that the guest profile was 80% Canadian/American, 15% UK.
We only wish Mexico was a 3 hour flight away, then we would be regular visitors. All in all a VERY ENJOYABLE well priced holiday and we would certainly recommend it to anyone visiting the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Savannahville Tours N.V., Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos