“So close to being the perfect resort!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Excellence Riviera Cancun

Excellence Riviera Cancun
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
USA
“So close to being the perfect resort!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

We love this place. They are so close to being the perfect resort. They just need to tweak some things and they could do it. We just returned from 5 days there. Our 2nd trip there.

What we love about Excellence

The Pros:

1. The pools - especially the spa area serpentine like pool
2. even when full the resort doesn't feel busy
3. always can easily find a place on the beach or pool
4. Service is outstanding- without exception. We love everyone at the resort. It's like they really like working there and really want everyone to be happy. They really aim to please and they succeed at this.
5. Gorgeous beach
6. On site water sports
7. The fruit juice bar at the Spa Pool

What we wish could be improved.

1. The rooms, they are average and we hate that their isn't a private bathroom area, that it's integrated into the main room. The toilet is private but the rest of the room, sinks, tub are open into each other. No privacy for changing, unless you want to change in the separate shower area. Not good. This will could be fixed if they just put some sort of privacy wall or curtain between the bedroom and sink areas.

Also there is a step down to get to the balcony which can be dangerous for Seniors. I would not recommend it for my parents. Nor people who drink heavily! ;)

2. The food. It's not bad, it's actually pretty good most of the time --- but not great. If you have dietary restrictions they really are good at trying to make you happy, but certain things need still to be worked on.

Examples.

My husband is gluten free and they do not always mark everything clearly.

i.e. They had "TORTILLA CHIPS" on display at the buffet that were in two separate bowls. They never noted that one of the bowls were "FLOUR" tortillas. It just said TORTILLA, and yet we were under the impression all the tortillas were corn since that was all they ever brought to the table. How were we to know their were other kinds if they were not marked differently? Especially at a buffet.

Also the 'grilled fish' which he ordered was very lightly dusted with flour. Stuff like that happened all the time on the menu. You might order ginger ice cream but then you get it and they have strawberry sauce all over it, yet it never mentioned it in the menu.

Beware if you are a VEGETARIAN. You can't eat about 90% of the desserts.They made everything with Gelatin. I'm on holiday.

Even worse, They fry items like Onion rings in the same oil, shared with shell fish, meats etc...
There is no excuse for not having separate fryers. One for meat, one for shellfish and one for veggies.

3. Smoking. The sea air is so beautiful and when you get someone cigarette or worse cigar going up your nose, not only is it unhealthy but it's vile smelling. I certainly can understand people being able to smoke outside, but their should be at least one area that it is restricted from. Make part of the beach area non smoking. You would think the Excellence Club area would at least have a no smoking beach area and that the SPA pool area would be divided up or have non smoking areas.

Other than these 3 issues, it would be the perfect resort.

For those interested in the SPA, the Hydrotherapy is a nightmare, You can't enjoy it as they have the jets too close to each other and unless you are the only one doing it at the time you end up being splashed badly by the ricocheting off the person near you and vice versa. They need to space the jets further apart. We'd suggest skipping that, just stick to a massage.

4 Thank nylongirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,522)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

We have traveled to Cancun/ Riviera Maya more than a dozen times, always staying at high end resorts, but this is the first time we went back to the same resort and we were very happy we did. The resort is beautiful, the staff very friendly, and the food better than other all inclusives we've stayed at. The reason I did not give a 5 star is simply because the food and service was not consistant. We were there 10 days so we noticed when an outstanding meal was not necessarily repeated on the second visit. Also our room was cleaned at any time between 9 and 5 even though we requested it to be done around 10:00. The times it was not until almost 5 was frustrating. None of this would keep me from returning, which will likely happen next year.

2 Thank Mary M
uk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

this hotel is absolutely fantastic, the facilities are perfect, amazing restaurants, staff etc. only main critisiscm is there is NO free shuttle bus transfers anywhere!! the hotel is about 30min from any of the main places and although taxis are readily available they are very expensive. and there are some shuttle buses through the hotel at a cost but not many and so fill up very quickly.

as said above everything else here is amazing and I cannot fault the hotel/rooms/beach anything other than the lack of transport services from the hotel.

3 Thank mazysuk
Milwaukee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Returned yesterday from six days at this resort. Lots of good things I can say about this place, but some not so good too. We have been to three all inclusives now and each has their pros and cons. The resort itself, georgous! We did the beach twice and the sand was nice, very soft and attractive surroundings. Be careful, as there are nude beaches only a short walk down the beach. Water temp was surprisingly comfortable for this time of year. Beach service for drinks was average. Waiter walks around calling out drinks because he does not remember who ordered what and where they were sitting. Pools were fabulous in design and beautiful. As noted by others, they wind through the entire resort. We hopped in at building 6 and could get to the lazy river with only a few steps out of the pool, or could go the other way to the swim up bar or the hot tubs, again, with only a few steps from one pool to the next. Wait service around the lazy river and other pools besides the main pool were good some days and not on others. This was based on the server that day. Veronica worked the smoothie bar, but would make rounds to take drink orders and walk to a bar to get them. The smoothie bar did not have alcohol. Two other days, there was a man working the smoothie hut and he did very little without prompting/asking and it seemed like we were putting him out. My fiance would take away our empty glasses back to the smoothie bar and cleared our plates when we ate by the pool so the birds did not dive bomb. You should not have to lift a finger at an all inclusive. While we are talking about staff, some of them truly loved their jobs and people. They would hum or sing, smile, engage you, etc. But there were others who truly did not like what they did or could not check their baggage/bad day at the dorr when they came to work and that showed in their service. I have read many reviews for this place and some people love the staff and can't say enough about how people bent over backwards to offer assistance. We saw very little of that. Room service was good. We did order breakfast one morning when my fiance wanted to take the included bike tour into town and it was brought within a half hour and food was good for room service standards. It was relatively hot and they got our order correct. The gentleman who delivered it was very nice and brought everything in plate by plate and set it up for us at the sitting area, versus wheeling the entire cart into the room. I also ordered juices, bottled water and a bucket of ice several evenings for us to make drinks and we dressed for dinner and that came in about half an hour too. There is a box for food delivery, but no one seems to use it. I am more used to leaving a tip in the box and not dealing with someone at the door while I am dressing for dinnner, so this was a minor annoyance to answer the door and say please put it in the box as you are in a robe, etc. The service at the French, Italian and Lobster Haus for dinner were very good. I did not love my meal at the French restuarant, but that is not my favorite food. My fish was served with the skin on, a turn off for me. The harpist at the Italina restaurant for dinner really added to our experience. They did make me something not on the menu there for an app that was very nice. Dinner at the Lobster Haus was a bit disappointing. We needed to catch the Michael Jackson show, which was great, so we did not have time to order more food when the lobster came out and it was tiny! I had four small bites and that was it...I did ask it to be paired with a filet, so I did not leave hungry and there was bread, but I wanted more than four bites of lobster. It is warm water lobster, which is much different than we are used to in the United States, but still goo. Our first day at the ERC was not the greatest. We did experience about a 20 min wait to check in and then were given a room with two queen beds, not our preference, but Christian at the front desk told us a king would be available tomorrow. We were first in building 1, which was conveniently located, but perhaps not the most recently renovated. Room seemed dark and older fixtures, doors etc. After we dropped our suit cases in the room, we went to lunch at the steakhouse which is just off the beach around 5 PM. The place was open until 6 PM for lunch, but when seated, we were offered soda because there were not bartenders. They were eating. I let this slide initially and then thought...that is not my problem. For paying over $500 a day to be here, he can find a way to get me a cocktail. When he came back, I had to ask for a drink and he did go to a neighboring bar and get it for me, but I should not have had to ask. Across the board, breakfast and lunch staff, with rare exception, needed some coaching on their customer service. Our second day came around and after breakfast we went to the front desk to ask about changing our room. To my surprise, they had our name on a list at the front desk. The new room was vacant, but had not been cleaned. I asked if we could simply see it to decide if we wanted to more. We wanted to see the view from the balcony. We get there and it was being cleaned, but we were able to look and it was nice, again this was building 6. The doors on the shower and toliet room were frosted glass instead of wood, like in our other room, small difference, but significant. We went back to the front desk and said we would take it. Arman, gave us a pagen and said to come back when it goes off, we would get keys and a bellhop would help us move our bags. I asked if the bellhop could bring the keys to save us the walk back, as I walk with a cane and did not want to hoof it back to the front desk if it was not necessary. He agreed and we were off, but still not really settled as we did not want to unpack our bags until we were in our new room. We saw the new room literally being cleaned at 9:45 AM. Around 11, I call back to the front desk to check on the room. Arman says it will be ready very soon, but we are wating on the mini bar to be refreshed. I don't care when they refresh that, just want in the room, but we wait...and wait...and wait. I call again, Arman says he will check and call me right back. So frustrated at this point! We leave after another half hour and go to lunch around 1 PM. We stop at the front desk after lunch, as we are walking by for the most part on the way back to our room. Arman sees us and goes behind the front desk out of sight. He totally dropped the ball for us and we feel wasted part of our day. All I wasnted was a phone call back with an update on the status of the room and he could not do that. We were told by a woman our room was ready and she offered to have a bellhop assist us with our luggage. I did not want to wait anymore and said I would simply like the keys and we will move our own stuff. It was then she gave us attitude. I really should have asked for a Manager at this point but did not. Please don't get me wrong. We are pretty easy going people and I have spent the last 16 years in customer service and I get it, but these guys did a good thing offering us the king room the next day, but then the experince went down the tubes. We walked to our room, dragged our stuff to the new room and started unpacking. A knock on the door a few mins later...a bellhop, which we said we did not need. I apologize for his trouble and thanked him. I told him a bit of our displeasure and asked if there were any special touches that could be done to make things better for us. He seemed to understand, but I was not sure. We left the room after unpacking to enjoy our day and shake off the lack of customer service and truly begin our vaca deep into day two. Upon returning to our room, there was a bottle of champagne on ice, but we don't like champagne, but they tried. We did move forward and were going to have a great time. Next notable item, Martini Bar is great! All but one staff member there is incredinbly engaging, smiling and loves thier job. Vidal, Lois and Lady were tremendous company and they work so hard! One morning, as mentioned earlier, my fiance took the bike ride and I found myself looking for something to do. Went back to the room and it was being cleaned, so I found myself at the Martini Bar. The tequilla sunrises with Don Julio were spectacular. I had far too many, but so enjoyed my conversations with the bartenders. I speak conversational Spanish, so we enjoyed going back and forth in Spanish and English. I also met some great people at the bar who were other guests of the hotel. Moving on...on our last full day there, the wind had finally died down, so non-motorized water sports were available. Pedro took us out on the Hobie Cat for about a half hour. This is a small sail boat with mesh to lay or sit on. Great time being on the water and Pedro told us of the other resorts and was good company. The sailboat was free, but Pedro did appreciate a tip, as he does not work for the resort itself. We took in four shows and they were good. Only about an hour, so if you don't like it, no big deal, was just an hour. Michael Jackson and Madonna shows were the best. Mayan and Carrib were OK. Bartenders at Kafecafe and Star Bar near the outdoor theatre only seem to give you the time of day once you pull a tip out of your pocket and they can see it. I sat for five minutes wating for a drink at a bar that was not that busy, but as soon as I pulled the cash out, somebody was right there asking what I want. That is not right in my opinion. I like tipping for good service, but I should not have to show I will be tipping to get the good service, the service should come first. There were more loud obnoxious drunks here than at either of the other all inclusives we have stayed at. This is not what I am looking for when I go out of my way to find a quiet spot by the pool off the beaten path and a group of 25 people on rafts go pool to pool disturbing everyone's peace. The resort was terrible about letting people save chairs. We had a hard time at the beach or poolside getting chairs, a hut, or a bed. People would put down a towel by 6 AM and in many cases would not use the spot they claimed all day. The resort was around 90% filled while we were there, so this contributed to the lack of spots, but the staff need to do something aobut this, as it is clearly stated there are no saving of seats. All in all, sorry for the long review, but wanted to share lots of details. I am not coming back to this place ever. If you are considering, I would keep looking. If you come, you could have a totally different experince that we did, but for this kind of money, I believe you can get better service elsewhere. The best thing for us was the connections we made with a handful of other guests. We met some genuinely wonderful people! There were lots of activities here and live music. We did not do many activities, but did enjoy opening our balcony in the evening and listening to music while we dressed for dinner. Do take a look at the dress codes for the restaurants. They are enforced and a bit fancier compared to the other resorts we have been, which were the Royal in Playa Del Carmen, very nice...and Secrets in PVR, also very nice and a very new contruction. Last note, we love night life and usually hit the night club. The first time we stopped in for ourselves, after hearing about how out of control the drinks were and not believing it. witnessed it for ourselves. Not our seen. We do enjoy our dinks and will have some shots, etc, but that was a scene of sloppy drunks and turned us off. We walked in, surveyed the landscape and right back out. I will say the breakfast and lucn buffet were the best we have seen. Lots of variety and really fresh and tasty. We usually avoid buffet for table service, but this was quite the opposite. If you come to this place, I do hope your experience is better than what we encountered. Beds were hard and we did not sleep very well. Naps were something we did enjoy every day. Rooms were very clean, housekeeping worked hard. Hot tub was not particularly clean, but the pools were maintained well.

Room Tip: Higher rooms give you a better view. If you can get off the beaten path, you will rest better. Peo...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank LovinAllInclusives
Sykesville,MD
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is our 4th stay at an Excellence property in the Cancun area (3x at Riviera Cancun and 1x at Playa Mujeres). The two locations are very simliar. I believe Playa Mujeres is a bit newer. EPM does have a more modern feel. Overall there is a lot more white (White buildings, furniture etc... which I feel is more modern decor). There is one additional restaurant at PM, which is a Tapas restaurant. I truly feel, if you were to go to EPM and close your eyes you would not know the difference between that and ERC. We were never ones to return to a resort over and over but we feel that this is the best Adults Only all-inclusive we have found. I only gave it a 4 because IMO, there is always room for improvement and every business should always be re-evaulating their services. I am very social so I like to strike up conversations with fellow guests. For the most part everyone says they love the resort and would return. We did encounter one very annoying guest at the Hibachi table at Spcie one night who said it was her 7th visit but all she did was complain. I don't think anything would have made her happy. At one point my husband leaned over to me and said "there is your negative trip advisor review". She complained that the fish selections served in the restaurants were all bottom feeders but she went on to order all shrimp. It's hard to take the opinions of someone like that seriously.
We use Olympus for our airport transfers. We do a private shuttle so we don't have to waste time dropping people off at other resorts. It can take a while to drive to each resort off the main road because they sit back so far.
I read a bad review and I am going to go off of that since that guest seemed very upset. I did read his profile and of 6 reviewed hotels he only like 2. Here are my thoughts on the resort:

The Excellence Club:
NOT WORTH IT!!!!!! Don't waste your money!!!!! For the past 2 visits they have upgraded us for free to the Excellence Club. We don't order room service and we don't drink the "premium" alcohol in our room. There are bars everywhere. If I want a drink I can walk out of my room and get one at the bar. We will sometimes have a beer from our fridge but that comes with the regular room. I have used the Excellence Club lounge for flight check in's however there is another business center just off the lobby that would have been just as good. When I was waiting for my room the front desk was trying to convince a group of women to upgrade for $80 per night to the EC. They were going back and forth about it until I told them that it is not worth it. There is a wood pizza bar at the Sol Bar and one day a guest walked up and said "I am in the EC, I want my pizza now!" . Just an FYI- being in the EC does not entitle you to a quicker pizza or the right to be a jerk. There is a pool for the EC guests but it is so quiet and boring over there. I think he was just upset he got sucked into spending more money and realized that he really got nothing for it.

Rooms:
The rooms are very nice and spacious. On our last 3 visits the doors to the toilet area and shower area were frosted. On this visit they had been replaced with wood doors. Rooms are cleaned between 8 and 5. I don't care what time my rooms gets cleaned as long as it gets cleaned. I read where one guest complained that he did not get his room cleaned at 2pm like he had requested and that sometimes when he came back they were cleaning his room and he had to wait. Dude, you are on vacation. Go to the bar and get a drink. They are quick and will be done by the time you get back. He also complained about a 6pm turndown service. Yes, it is a bit early and many people are still getting ready for dinner. Throw on one of the robes provided and let them in for 3 minutes or just decline. They give you plenty of towels to get through the day and you certainly can pull back your own comforter. Just ask for the info paper for the next day or pick one up at brunch the next morning. They did upgrade us to the EC Jr. Swim up Suite. If offered this again I would decline. Every other year we have been on a higher floor. The difference in humidity from floor to floor is very surprising. Nothing dried in our room and the room did have a musty wet odor. The bedsheets always felt damp. Even clothes that were in my suitcase had a dampness to them. The hammock outside our room was nice but not worth the dampness in the room. This is not the resorts fault but the people above us were smokers and obviously did not know how to use an ash tray. The ashes from their cigarettes were on our patio ever morning. Housekeep did sweep them off daily.

Reception:
Check in is very easy. If your room is not quite ready they give you a pager. Be sure to request a king bed when making your reservation, if that is what you want. I heard one couple was put into a room with 2 doubles and had to move the next day when a king room became available. That is a pain.

Breakfast:
We only ate at the buffet and it is very good. Many choices. Be sure to know that the pastries and breads are in the room beside the main dining area. It is not clearly marked that there is more food in the other room. Never had a problem getting coffee or tea or utensils.

Lunch:
Again, we only ate at the buffet. My husband likes the made to order fresh fish selections daily. I like the variety of not having to order off a menu. Again there is additional food in the other room. Never had a problem getting a drink or utensils. Cinnamon ice cream is awesome. My favorite waiter is Antonio. He has been there since we started going. Always cheerful and singing.

Resort Landscape:
This is a very clean and well manicured resort. They are always trimming the lush vegetation and cleaning the common areas. There are a lot of very large iguanas and small lizards around. They seems to prefer the area that circles the spa. They are not friendly but won't bother you if you don't bother them. I do get a cup of fruit every morning at the buffet and take an "iguana walk" to feed them.

Pools:
There are pools everywhere. The main pool is where the Sol Bar and Swim Up bar are located. Chairs do get reserved very early and it is very difficult to find two chairs together in that area much later than 8am. If you put your items on a chair and you are not there they put the daily itinerary on your chair with the wording that "chairs/sun beds can not be reserved and all items will be taken to lost and found" highlighted. They mark the time that they put it there. We got 2 because my husband would get up early and get our chairs. Our stuff was never removed but we did come back right after breakfast. We did not reserve chairs, go on an excursion and expect them to be there when we got back in the afternoon. We were on our chairs by 9am every morning. I never saw them remove anyones belongings. Drink service is always quick at the pool.

Beach:
I can't really speak much for the beach because we stick to the main pool. It is always very windy so using the Hobie Cats is usually not an option. We have only been able to do that once. I don't know if the beach sun beds and chairs get reserved as quickly as those at the pool area. We have taken several walks on the beach and it is always clean (by clean I mean, no trash. Yes, there is seaweed and they have a machine they try to clean it with but it is a natural product of the ocean so you can't blame the resort). You are allowed to go topless on the beach (I did not).

Tipping:
We almost always tip $2-$3 at breakfast and lunch and at least $5 at dinner. There were a few times that we forgot our money at lunch and we felt bad. We always tip at the bars but not until after the drinks are served. They didn't know we were going to tip them so it is not like we got better service than others. We noticed that most people do not tip. It is greatly appreciated by the staff but it is not expected. I have never heard of someone having to stand for 30 minutes at the pool bar for a drink because they weren't throwing money around like another posted said.

Restaurants:
They do their best to accommodate any requests. I hate peppers so I asked that my fajita at the Mexican restaurant be made without them. That was no problem. Someone said he asked for pepper sauce for his steak and found it strange that they did not know what it was. I am from America and I don't know what pepper sauce is so I am not sure why he thought that people from Mexico would know. You are in a foreign country so you must know that there is going to be a language barrier. We went to Playa for lunch one day a few years ago and the waiter did not understand when I asked for sour cream so I got on my phone, texted my friend who is Spanish and who traveled to Mexico often for his job, and asked him "what is the Spanish word for Sour Cream?". He said "crema, but they don't have that in Mexico". I was in another country with different items so I understood.

Basmati-Indian- we don't like Indian food so we did not go there. I met a British woman and she said that she noticed that many Americans don't like Indian food. I have to say I agree with her.
Toscana-Italian-We can go to Little Italy in Baltimore for dinner any time so we chose not to eat at this restaurant
Spice-Asian-food is OK. We go to hibachi all the time here and it just does not compare, but then again you are in a foreign country. We have done Hibachi 3x and had a table 1x. Hibachi is a set menu, no substitutions. They bring you out a plate of sushi, soup (didn't eat it, can't bring myself to eat soup in 80 degree weather, salad (not good), fried rice and you have your choice of Shrimp, beef, chicken or squid or a combo of any of them.
Chez Isabelle-our favorite!!!!!!! We got there at least twice on every visit. Love the fish selections. They have steak too.
Lobster House-never gone
The Grille-never gone
Mexican (can't think of the name off the top of my head)-surprisingly good. Margaritas are excellente.
Pizza Restaurant-never gone. Can get good pizza here and I am not wasting a dinner on pizza.

Just beware you are not going to get Ruth's Chris quality steak here. As long as you understand that going into a restaurant you will be fine. Not every restaurant is open every night. There is a sign outside each restaurant that tells which day it is closed. If you think you might want to visit a certain restaurant get off your butt and go look at the sign and see which night it is closed. Don't complain that you did not know, like another posted did. It is posted OUTSIDE the restaurants so you can see it at 2am if want. Service in all the restaurants was great. Never did we wait more then 3-5 minutes after sitting down that our drink order was taken. Someone complained about the plastic glasses they use outside at night are cheap looking. There is a reason they do that. If someone drops a glass and it shatters it is very difficult to clean up every piece, especially at night when it is dark, and someone in bare feet the next day could get injured. They can't restrict where you take your glass after your drink is served and you might go and sit around the pool. If you knock it over and break it next to a pool chair and someone steps on it that is a liability for the resort. You certainly can't expect people to wear shoes as they are exiting the pool.

Room Service
-used it once and it was on the first visit for breakfast before we left. I seem to remember it was fine. I saw many carts of room service go by and it all looked good.

Spa-
used it last year for a massage. I am not the white robe, candles and soft music kind of person. I just want a good deep tissue massage and I have never found that I can get that anywhere but here in the States. It was Ok but I would not go back unless it was necessary. The only reason I went was b/c my neck muscles were so cramped up and causing a really bad headache on the plane ride down. They do offer spa specials every day on the itinerary. They DO NOT push spa services or special dinners on the beach on you like another reviewer said. The only place I saw/heard those specials mentioned was on the itinerary.

Other Guests:
I am 36 and I would have to say that there were less of the 30's crowd here this time. I would say the average age is 50. There are all kinds of people at this resort. We met groups of couples, several couples alone, a brother and sister who were both widowed, gay couples and groups of women celebrating a birthday. The only thing that I did not see is groups of men traveling together (my husband said if men travel together they are looking for golfing and fishing). You would think that the young people would be the ones causing the problems. No, it was a group of women celebrating a 60th birthday of someone in their group. The birthday girl was a mean drunk. Lots of ladies in attire that they probably should not be wearing. I am not a prude but when the string of your bikini bottom can't be seen b/c it was lost in your fat it might be time to reconsider your swimwear. I could have done an entire magazine of Glamour Don'ts on this trip. It makes for wonderful people watching.

Activities:
They have fruit carving lessons, poker, song games, beach volleyball, water aerobics, etc...There is something for everyone if you want to participate. Evening entertainment. We would listen to the band every evening but we did not go to the shows. They used to have soft cushioned chairs in the entertainment area but they have been replaced with hard back, dining style chairs. Not comfy! Nobody was sitting in them. All the soft chairs that were left had been occupied by 8pm.

I hope I was able to give you a good overview of the resort.

29 Thank bennyand2cats
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013

Never written a review before,but my daughter and I went here for 10 days
Superb staff/food/amenities
Nothing too much trouble , we upgraded to a swim up room when their for £26/night extra,well worth doing this.
A totally chilled holiday.
Excellent entertainment of professional
Standards.all 9 restaurants served great cuisine.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Widdop
Merthyr Tydfil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

Our second holiday at this resort and, if anything, it was even better than last time. The staff are wonderful there (especially Jessica, Luis and Jonathan) and are very eager to help. If you want anything, just ask, and they will go out of their way to try and help you. The food there is absolutely amazing, with plenty of restaurants to choose from. There is as much or as little entertainment as you wish to partake in.
We went to celebrate my husband's birthday, we ate at the grill that night and once again, the staff were absolutely wonderful, especially sergio. They gathered around and wished my husband 'Happy Birthday'. A perfect day out of the 14 perfect days we spent there.
Am already planning my next trip.

1 Thank bdavies20
Iberostar Grand Hotel Paraiso
#1 of 11 in Playa Paraiso
5.0 of 5 bubbles 5,577 reviews
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Excellence Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!