“Relaxing!!”

Excellence Riviera Cancun
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place was wonderful. It was relaxing and entertaining. They have so much to offer. Beautiful shows in the theatre, cooking lessons, dancing, spanish lessons, etc. The Mile' spa was top notch. Our host, Santiago, at The Lobster House was very accomidating. He was polite and willing to please. The resort is very clean. We booked a room in the Excellence Club. The staff kept our room stocked and cleaned at all times. I felt the Cocierge could have been a little more friendly. We were never asked if we were enjoying our stay or how we liked our room. We were never greeted when we walked in each morning. Still, we had a great vacation at this resort and will definitately go back.

Room Tip: Excellence Club Swim up Ocean view is the best rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Renee H
There are newer reviews for Excellence Riviera Cancun

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Excellence Riviera, from the staff, the management and the trip advisers, the hotel was top class. We could not find any fault with anything at the resort, the staff were always smilling all day and they bent over backwards to make sure everyone had a great vacation, from the time you got there till the time you leave. Also a big thank you to the staff at blue bay travel, Stuart and co. they all go that extra mile THANK YOU !!!

4  Thank RonBaker
Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I just returned from Excellence on Oct 3, 2012. I was celebrating my birthday. The staff filled my room with balloons and a small cake with a candle. This was just many of the kindnesses and hospitality that we experienced.
I was leary of the food where I have a sensitive stomach, but the restaurants were fabulous and the food was delicious. The water is purified so no need to worry about ice cubes.
Your personal refrigerator is stocked with as much water and soda and juice that you will ever need. There is a stocked bar and snacks also in every room.
The entertainment was better than expected.
NOW..the beach,,,gorgeous powdery sand and warm water but lots of seaweed for about 6 days of the 10 we were there. I think it was the time of year. Far away hurricanes moved the weeds in for a couple of days. They clean the beach everyday. When the seaweed cleared, it was great swimming. We are beach people and there were plenty of chairs and grass umbrellas. If you prefer pools, there are 9 of them! One winds around the entire property!
We were put into Bldng 5 but it was too far from beach and restaurants so we changed to Bldng 7 which was great. It is not necessary to pay extra to get an oceanfront cause every room has some beauutiful view and basically you have the same amenities, We were having such a great time that we extended three more days.
I have never seen such service. The waiters come around the beach all day every few minutes to get you food or drinks. They often bring around plates of natchos or marqueritas for anyone who wants them. Ater traveling for years to many islands, I can honestly say that I don't have one complaint. P.S. we did not find the beds "hard" which I read from some reviews.

Room Tip: We prefer being on a 2nd or 3rd floor for privacy. The first floor rooms have walk out to a pool ac...
2  Thank 2Capelovers
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This place is everything we dreamed about and more. The food was excellent the only disappointment was the Mexican restaurant.It was our wedding anniversary before we came and my birthday while we were here and the staff made sure we celebrated in style including dinner on the beach one evening which was lovely. The staff here are amazing and nothing is too much trouble which is why I got so annoyed at how some American people treated them with no please or thank you, barking out orders and at their beck and call!! They had a job to do and it was to ensure our holiday was a great one so they should be treated with the respect they deserve.This hotel has a no reserve of sun beds policy but some people have to be there and put their towels on the sun beds at some ungodly hour, it's a pathetic practice as there are many beds of all kinds on the beach with and without shade. We found that people were putting their towels and books etc on the beds and then disappearing for hours. Mention must go to Carla at Excellence Concierge at the Club pool and Henri one of the waiters in Barcelona and the Grill who went out of their way for us. Don't think do this place is wonderful and we will be back, the only regret we have is that we have to leave here in a few hours for the airport to go home.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Appletrack
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hello,My Bride and I recently spent seven wonderful days at this awesome resort,celebrating our 25 wedding anniversary. It was our second stay at the Excellence Riviera Cancun. What a relaxing and exciting week we had..This place is as clean and well kept as you could ever wish for..The staff is definetly the jewel of the carribean..They go above and beyond to ensure you have a wonderful stay,and treat you like family...Relax all week or enjoy everything they have to offer,,it is your choice. Already planning next years trip to see my mexican family.. If you are thinking of going you will not be dissapointed.....

2  Thank Baddbob
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I came to Excellence Riviera Cancun for our honeymoon this past August. We booked this trip with Excellence because of all the great ratings. I am so glad we did!!! I was the most relaxing, beautiful and romantic place we have both ever been together. We had a blast there. From the moment we arrived we were treated wonderfully. I felt like a queen! The grounds are amazing! The food was soooo great! There was so much to choose from and it all tasted amazing! We went to the shows every night and we loved them. We went to Playa del Carmen for a day but were so happy to be back at the resort. We did choose to do the Excellence Club Package and I am glad we did. There was a separate pool and beach for vip members, excellence clubhouse that had snacks and drinks all day, we also had a beach dinner included with our stay. Our view from our room was beautiful, the staff is amazing, they are there for your every need. We are already talking about going back for a anniversary. I have no complaints about Excellence Riviera Cancun. I wish we could go back right now! I can't believe anyone would complain about this place, it is unreal. We had the best time ever and can't wait to go again. We both decided that we don't even want to try another resort in this area after being here for a week. It was amazing!!!

Room Tip: We booked and did the Excellence Club, where we had a ocean view room that was beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Whitneylq
Reviewed October 4, 2012

After my husband returned from Afghanistan, I planned a long awaited vacation together. Excellence Riviera was everything we could have wished for. Although our vacation was over spring break, the all inclusive resort was not a crazy party place, and not overly crowded. Neither of which we wanted. It was romantic, peaceful, and as scenic as the most beautiful resorts you have ever seen pictured. We would eat breakfast every morning at the outdoor cafe facing the Gulf. This was a serve yourself buffet, but the selection was always good. You could choose to sit indoors if that is your kinda thing. The lunch and dinner restaurants were also good. While it is a nice resort and I would dress nicely for dinner, it is not stuffy. Nice sundresses on women and men might wear a polo shirt and Khaki's. There is entertainment provided daily with a variety of musicians playing their tunes. I dream about returning someday.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
#8 of 25 in Puerto Morelos
The Royal Playa del Carmen
The Royal Playa del Carmen
#11 of 211 in Playa del Carmen

Been to Excellence Riviera Cancun? Share your experiences!