My husband and I stayed at the Excellence for our honeymoon starting on September 17. We enjoyed our stay immensely, however, there were a few drawbacks. The grounds are immaculate and the pools are just gorgeous. The staff was wonderful and extremely welcoming and the concierge was very helpful in booking our trips (the Salvatica trip was amazing).
Service was really good at all the restaurants and bars except for The Grill (we had to leave because I never received my meal). The restaurants were pretty good overall. We didn't really care for Spice, but enjoyed all the other restaurants especially Chez Isabelle. The ambiance at the restaurants was appropriate and Chez Isabelle was very romantic. The drinks at the bars were great, I especially loved the coffees and margaritas, but make sure to ask for premium liquor in your drinks.
Everything in the rooms seemed to be a little damp. I don't think that this was the fault of the hotel and it was due to the humidity of the area and the fact that we visited during the rainy season.
We visited the Spa during a rainy day and got massages. It was extremely nice and relaxing. Our massage included the water circuit treatment and the entire experience was great.
My husband became ill during our trip, but one visit to the on-site doctor fixed him right up and we were able to continue to enjoy our vacation. If you get sick, go to the doctor immediately, it's not terribly expensive and will be worth it.
You will probably want to take bug spray and anti-itch cream with you. There are mosquitoes, but they don't bother everyone. It is a tropical climate though and I was unlucky enough to definitely need bug spray and cortizone, but they really didn't bother my husband.
The pools are gorgeous. There were always enough chairs and towels and we were always able to find a "float mat."
We were pleased to find that there was no noticeable damage to the hotel due to Hurricane Dean. Everything was in place and as it should be.
Overall our stay was very pleasant. It was an extremely relaxing experience and we will definitely stay at the resort again if we decide to return to Cancun.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This all-suite, all-adult Resort is set along Mexico's renowned Mayan Riviera, between Playa del Carmen and Cancun, on an immaculate white sand beach. Six meandering pools wind through their grounds. You have unlimited access to eight international restaurants and ten bars, plus such amenities as an expansive swim-in spa, a full-scale fitness and cardio-conditioning center and an unparalleled range of activities on land and sea. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Savannahville Tours N.V., Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Excellence Riviera Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Excellence Riviera Maya
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Hotel
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Puerto Morelos
- Excellence Cancun
- Secrets Excellence Riviera Cancun
- Cancun Excellence Riviera
- Excellence Resort Cancun
- Excellence Riviera Cancun Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos