My husband and I were at Zoetry the first week in May. It was our second visit (last July, also). Our first trip there was so good that we were almost afraid to return in case it did not live up to our expectations. But we think it was even better!
Our room this time was not so close to the beach (some lawn and palm trees in between), but since it was 95 degrees, we did not want to spend much time on the patio anyway. And we could still here the pounding surf in the night! This time we had an iPod docking stereo which is very nice.
The food and service were just great. I have a dietary restriction (celiac, so no wheat) and the food and beverage manager talked to me when we arrived and made me feel very confident. They actually made me wheat-free little rolls that were very tasty - a treat I rarely get when dinning out here in the US. Our only room service request was a breakfast on the beach in front of our room and it was just wonderful. They brought out a table and chairs and set us up under a shady palm tree. We loved all the restaurants! We were there over Cinco de Mayo and Kaax had a special Mayan menu that was very interesting and tasty. El Chiringuito had the most amazing grilled chicken or fish with peppers and onions. The lamb chops at both La Canoa and Kaax were great. My husband liked the beef carpaccio and I liked the seabass carpaccio.
We did the wine tasting and it was in the La Canoa wine cellar with the sommelier. It was fun and informative. We drank the ‘included’ wines by the glass for dinners, which were decent (mostly Mexican and South American). The wine-by-the-bottle list looked really good, though, with some interesting wines and quite of few that were not too much of an extra charge.
The pool service was great: Frederico and the other guys run around setting up and moving umbrellas and bringing towels and serving drinks. And in the afternoon the pizzas, guac/salsa/chips, and sushi come magically out of the restaurants straight to your lounge chair as you request them.
I did yoga almost every morning and the guest instructor, Nancy, was so nice. We did a different kind of yoga every day (basics, power, yoga-lotes, etc…), sometimes on the pier and sometimes near the fitness center. Each day there were a few little activities like bocce ball on the beach or a Spanish lesson at the bar.
We really loved the Thalasso pool (warm salt water) and the indoor Jacuzzi and cold plunge pool. We each had a massage with Jesus at the spa and it was amazing. You get a 20 min free massage or can get a full massage for 20% off, instead.
The beach is cleaned off of seaweed in the mid morning each day. Since there is a coral reef, the ocean in front of the resort is very calm. I am an ocean wimp and enjoyed bobbing around out there a few times. This time we brought some water shoes, so did not have to worry about the few rocks on the bottom.
A few comments about past issues that I have read about:
- If the SUV is not there when you arrive (happened to us this time, customs line was so slow!), just call and they will be there asap
- Bugs: it’s the tropics! I have mosquitoes in my yard in Illinois, too! Bring some Off-wipes.
- AC: keep your shutters and shades drawn and fans on full while you are out.
- Not-so-cold minibar – just call and they will bring you a bucket of ice.
- Hard beds: we like a firm bed, so were completely happy
- Kids: see saw none
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire and Travelocity so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos