We stayed at Paraiso de la Bonita from Oct 21 through Oct 28, 2009 and my wife and I had a great time. This was a first trip to Mexico and to Riviera Maya. I would highly recommend this resort for couples but don’t bring the kids. I would not bring my kids here because there is nothing for them to do, absolutely nothing. There isn’t much for adults to do but hang out at the pool or beach all day drinking your favorite cocktails, then go to dinner and then bed. There were kids while we were there and they were either crying loudly throwing a temper tantrum or extremely bored. I tried not to let the kids screaming bother me but what can you do?
The service was excellent and so was the food for the most part. I dare you to find better service anywhere. The weather was outstanding and we didn’t have any issues. If you want a peaceful vacation, come here. I didn’t have any complaints about the beds like I read on other reviews.
There suites are very nice and there are only 90 of them. We never left the resort so we took advantage of all the complementary services. The whirlpool is OK and the stream and sauna (all complementary) were fine. I would skip the free 20 minute Willis systems review because I think it is a rip-off but that is my opinion.
There are two pools here and they were just fine. The best pool was the salt water behind the spa. It was wonderful to swim there; very peaceful. Maybe it was the time of year we were there but most of the time I swam in either pool of the Caribbean Sea, I was by myself. No one else was swimming. The white sand on the beach was excellent. At the sea there was a lot of seaweed which made it hard to stand. It seemed to get worst as the days went by to the point where I no longer wanted to swim in the sea and the seaweed was so bad. Another bad thing is they always had a John Deere tracker going up and down the beach trying to clean the seaweed of the shores. You are out there laying on the chairs and it smelled like gasoline when the tracker goes back and forth. Another negative is I got tired of hearing the same jazz songs day after day. I am a rock ‘n’ roller but I didn’t mind hearing the soft jazz songs but you have to increase your play list. I heard the same songs three or four times a day.
If you are looking for excitement and plenty of activities, you are probable to young for this place, but if you are looking for a peaceful vacation and with excellent service, accommodations and food Paraiso de la Bonita is your place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos