Zoetry was a great choice for a long weekend anniversary getaway. We were only there for 4 days so it's proximity to the airport was a definite plus.
The resort is more Indonesian than Mexican in it's design, but is still very beautiful with lots of special little details. The layout of Zoetry is unique from many hotels that are built back from much less ocean frontage. Being spread out along the beach can mean a bit more walking but also means that every room is oceanfront - we had a luxurious 2nd floor suite with a beautiful view of the ocean. If the bed would have faced the ocean, it would have been perfect.
I would recommend arranging activities early as spots seem to fill up fast. We weren't able to participate in the tequila tasting and only got on a sunset cruise because another couple didn't show up - unfortunately it was a very brief trip because the catamaran's engine caught fire shortly after we left the dock.
Food, drinks and service were all good. We enjoyed eating outside at Kaax - especially breakfast! Great coffee and Mimosas beside the ocean with harp music in the background - what could be better than that? Wasn't crazy about eating inside at Kaax, the food was good, but it felt a little cold and not at all intimate - maybe they could do something with the lighting. At lunch the sushi and ceviche bar was outstanding; found the service at the beach grill slow but the food was fine; ate poolside a few times which was nice. La Canoa for dinner was elegant, but get there early enough to get a table on the patio or a booth.
The beach isn't the nicest. A nice long beach is usually high on my priority list when planning a trip, but it was very windy when we were there and we spent all of our time by the pool so the beach wasn't an issue. The pool was wonderful with a view of the ocean, never had a problem getting our choice of lounger and the someone was always nearby to get you a drink, umbrella, or food.
Zoetry is very quiet, but that was exactly what we wanted - this may be more of an issue had we stayed longer than 4 days and if we had traveled with friends. Speaking of quiet, I do wish that this was an adults only resort. There were only a few children when we were there, and while they were well behaved, the volume level of their fun did sometimes ruin the peace during the day.
Zoetry does many things right, and the little details make all the all the difference - the private transfer from the airport complete with cold towels and champagne, complimentary bottles of champagne and tequila, the beach bag waiting in your room (how many times have you forgotten to pack yours?), free laundry service, free international phone calls and wifi (important when you're taking time away from a business), Bvlgari toiletries, the parrots, tea time, the harpist in the morning, they even wrote a kind message on a cake for us on our last night there!
This review is late in coming - another anniversary is almost here. But we will definitely be back - not this year as we have other plans, but definitely soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos