My wife and I just got back Sunday from 4 nights at Zoetry Paraiso. From the moment we found our private transportation and driver, we were attended to with the utmost care. We watched throngs of people being corralled and picked up is buses and vans heading to the Cancun Hotel (party) Zone. We saw our driver and he took our bags to the Mercedes Van. We were handed cool damp washcloths for our faces and a chilled glass of sparkling wine was in our hands before we pulled out.
Zoetry is a quick 20 minutes south of Cancun, then into a gated area and thru the jungle via a private road that feeds three Resorts. Upon arrival we were given a tour of the property and seated for lunch as it was noon. It was nice to sit down to take in the experience of being in paradise. Iguanas roaming around, colorful Macaws in front of us, and the food was simple, rustic, and fantastic. La Chiringuita grill, which is poolside, was fantastic. From wood fired pizzas and chicken, to more traditional local dishes, all fantastic.
We were then shown to our room, the Nairobi Suite. We were on the third floor as requested, and had a excellent view of the ocean and the breezes are perfect. The room was large but not overly so. King bed was very high off the ground and wonderfully firm. (I've seen some complaints on the firmness but found it to be excellent) Bathroom was large and well appointed.
I can go on and on about the room, the resort, the food, the spa (excellent) and the pool. They were all beautiful and well kept. What you would expect from this level of resort. What stands out throughout your stay is the staff. From the groundskeepers to the pool staff to the waiters. EVERYONE is kind and helpful and dedicated to your needs. NO request is met with "I'm not sure" or well " we can't do that" Every request was met with "It will be our pleasure"
Many, many thanks to Pepe, our pool waiter for several of the days (Sadly, he was off on our last day). He made us feel as we were the only people there. Drinks, food from any restaurant, towels, snacks, etc. He would even move our umbrella as the sun moved to keep me shaded and my wife in the sun. He was incredible. They all were. The bartenders at the Hippo Bar, Ivan at Kaax restaurant for dinner, Miguel at breakfast. All Fantastic! And the maitre'd at Kaax during breakfast hours was beyond professional, one of our favorite people there. Thanks for the pan de chocolat!
Yes, one night I didn't like one of the appetizers. Yes, one night our bathrobes were missing (they brought me two in five minutes when I called). No place can be perfect for everyone, all of the time. But the staff is. I cannot praise them enough. This is the first trip my wife and I have taken as a couple away from our 3 kids in many years (don't really want to admit how long) and all we wanted was to relax and be waited on in paradise. Mission accomplished!
The only thing I can say as a negative is about the ocean. The beach is beautiful, but sea grass does wash up, and with it...trash. This is true up and down all the beaches in the Riveira Maya. Zoetry, along with every other resort cleans every morning, but they can only get what has washed up. There was small amounts of trash on the sea floor where you would swim. If its dead calm, crystal clean, Caribbean water you crave, you may want to look elsewhere.We didn't come for the water sports!
If you want to relax poolside in paradise, or on the beautiful beach in a bed lounger, and be waited on hand and foot by wonderful, friendly people, look no further. We will be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos