“Looking for an all inclusive just to relax?”

Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
Illinois
“Looking for an all inclusive just to relax?”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

The Paraiso is a perfect place to recharge! My family of four have done lots of all inclusives - Ibersostar, Dreams, Sandals, and Riu. This was a completely different experience. An absolutely relaxing private getaway. So private that they even have pictures of famous guests that visit. It is very small - 3 dinning options and all of them were fabulous. The spa was wonderful and the service was great. I think the middle of the week is the best time to visit because it seems slower than weekends. However, you must sign up for any excursions that are included in your stay, like the evening catamaran cruise. We did not get to enjoy this as they do not cruise every night. The only other negative thing I have to mention is that we (I always call the front desk a day or two before I arrive) requested early check in. We arrived at 9:30 AM and did not get to settle into our room until 3:00 so we felt like we lost a day of vacation. Even with these problems, I would still recommend this property to anyone who just wants to relax. They do allow kids but I think they would get bored. They do have free international calling so you can leave the kids at home and call to check on them whenever you want. Overall a great experience worth having.

Room Tip: the rooms with the plunge pool and outdoor shower. Outdoor shower was awesom1
1 Thank anitavacation222
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator / E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Bix a bel Anitavacation222,

Receive warm Greetings from Zöetry Paraiso De La Bonita.

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share this wonderful review about your stay in our paradise through this mean. We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed an excellent and stress-free gateway.

One of our main goals is the privacy, with that comes many things like the romance or relaxation, we are glad that you enjoyed our concept.
Normally the check-in is at 3:00pm but please the next time you come with us, email me so I can try my best with that matter. Because those enquiries are subject to availability therefore we cannot guarantee it.

Kind regards,

info.zopdb@zoetryresorts.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (692)
  • Korean first
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We had a wonderful stay in the Paraiso. We stayed a week. We started in a upper story room with an incredible view of the ocean and very close to the sand. We were upgraded later in the week to a room with a private pool on the back patio. This upgraded room was further from the main lobby, pool and restaurants. We actually preferred the room without the pool and closer to the pool more. The food in every restaurant was wonderful! The staff was very nice and very attentive.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator / E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Bix a bel Debbra R

We appreciate you have taken the time to write on TripAdvisor your experience in our beautiful Paradise.
As you already know, in our Resort, all of the rooms have something unique and is not rare that you like the most your first one.

We truly thank you for comments towards the food and the service. We are always making efforts to improve everything of our resort.

Best regards,

Methuen, MA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Stayed 4 nights in Sept. Resort is on the smaller side which can be nice. The resort overall is very quiet and relaxing. No exciting night life or clubs to go to. If you are looking for slow pace and peaceful relaxing place to spend your vacation. This is it. Rooms are large but a bit dated.
Restaurant food was good but not great. Staff was very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mylah99
info_sesrc, Social Media Coordinator/E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Bix a bel Mylah99,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay experience. We are delighted to know that you had enjoyed the atmosphere of our resort and service from our staff.

We appreciate your comments on our food and room conditions. Your feedback is very important as it help us identify our opportunity areas and take the proper corrective actions in order to deliver the high quality service that characterizes our resort and brand.

It will be a pleasure to be your hosts again on your next vacation as it is our desire to have the opportunity to turn the “good” into exceptional.

Best wishes,

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 20, 2013

From the very beginning of our trip, our ride was waiting for us the van was nice and cool with a glass of champagne waiting for us. Upon arrival at the resort, we were met by Rafael, who showed us around the property and to our room. We spent all of our days at the pool. We enjoyed dining at all the restaurants, and the food was excellent. The service in the pool area, especially Victor and Andres. We enjoyed the Sunset Cruise and the trip to Moreles. The hostess at Kaxx, Tonia, Arturo at La Canoe and Enrique the Bell man were great. We will definitely come back!!

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Half jungle, half beach. Wholly exotic. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is located on a stretch of private beach that’s almost as long as it’s name. With only 90 suites, staff makes a conscious (and successful!) effort to greet each guest by name. They also go above and beyond to learn guest preferences. For example….although restaurant reservations are not necessary, staff takes customer service to the next level by noting which tables you prefer during your first couple of days, then shoeing away (nicely) any other guests who dare infringe. Details like that keep guests coming back. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita is a part of Zoetry Resorts, a parent entity which boasts an “endless privileges” trademark to describe the guest experience at each of their all inclusive hotels. Turns out ”endless privileges” is not just a fancy branding term for all- inclusive. Endless privileges at Zoetry resorts include so much more; unlimited cocktails and specialty drinks using premium liquor, gratis access to non-motorized water equipment, transfer to and from the airport in a luxury vehicle, no check in or check out times, a complimentary 20 minute spa treatment, Bvlgari bathroom products, 24- hour in room dining, free international calling the list goes on.
When I arrived at the airport I quickly cleared customs and stepped outside to find my Zoetry rep, whom I was told would be wearing mustard pants. I scanned the crowd of sign holders from local resorts. No mustard colored pants in sight. Future guests – note that guests are supposed to give the hotel at least 72- hours advance notice so they can coordinate airport pick up. I was assured someone would be there to greet me. Well…that didn’t happen. Lucky for me, I ran into a very helpful guy working for another resort who told me that his friend works at Zoetry. He then gave his friend a ring on his cell phone and within ten minutes I was picked up by my Zoetry rep (he was wearing the mustard pants!) in a Mercedes Benz van, given a cold scented washcloth and offered a choice of chilled bottled water or champagne to get my vacation started. After a short drive of 20 minutes or so, we were at the resort. Check in was a breeze, I was offered an iced herbal tea, taken for a quick tour of the resort and then whisked away to my suite on a golf cart. When I arrived to my room, my bag was already there along with a welcome bottle of tequila, flanked by two shot glasses, sliced lime and salt! Que viva Mexico, indeed.
The décor at Zoetry is old world Spanish colonial. Think stucco walls, intricate wall sconces and ornate bathroom hardware. Beds are comfy, and the first thing you notice when you walk into the bedroom of the 1,200 square foot suite, is how high the bed is off the ground. Seems odd at first, but then you remember that you are on the outskirts of a Mexican nature preserve that teems with writhing, wriggling, creepy crawlies. You breathe a sigh of relief . The bed is on a platform, so nothing can hide under it and assuming that there were creepy crawlies in the room, the bed is so high that it would take them twice as long to find you. That’s my interpretation anyway. This leads into my official warning to anyone with a phobia of lizards. Don’t go. These reptilians are everywhere and they are quite large. As far as insects, I didn’t see any creepy crawlies on site (unless you count a daddy long leg, but given the alternative…hairy, ginormous, fanged spider it could have been, the DLL hardly counts as an insect in my opinion), but keep in mind they are around. One of the staff members showed me his scorpion bite from earlier that morning. The resort sprays an organic, non toxic concoction every night around the grounds to keep away insects and it seemed to work very well. Interesting fact. There is a crocodile on premises, but he usually (Usually. Comforting right?) stays in his creek. I caught sight of him on my last day. Chilling in the creek.
Let’s talk comida. If you’re looking for an endless, all you can eat buffet, you won’t find it here. If you’re looking for a tasty meal made with local ingredients that is artfully plated, you will find it here at Zoetry. I did not have one mediocre meal during my stay, let alone a bad meal. I may not be a “foodie” but I like LOVE food and can be particular, so this was exciting. Every meal that I had at Zoetry was phenomenal. There are four restaurants available to choose from in addition to the 24 hour in room dining perk. Kaax,(pronounced “cash”) features breakfast and casual lunch dishes. Sikil is the onsite sushi restaurant. Chiringuito is a casual lunch joint that often features traditional Mexican fare and seafood. La Canoa is known as the fancy one, it features gourmet dining and a strict dress code. There is also daily afternoon tea where you can find tea, coffee and a variety of treats. So if you’re worried about choices, don’t be. The in room dining menu is pretty set in stone, but the chefs at any of the restaurants are more than willing to adapt the menu to your tastes, and with a smile. The hospitality of the staff truly shines. It surpassed that of anyplace that I have ever stayed in the Caribbean. I truly enjoyed my breakfasts with one of the servers, Felipe Torres, my brother from another mother (that was our running joke since we have the same last name).
Zoetry also offers Vinyasa and Hatha Yoga classes. Morning yoga on the pier with Gabriela was intoxicating. She is a superb yoga instructor and practicing yoga on the pier over the ocean….there is no adequate description to describe the sense of stillness you feel at the end of one of her sessions. After yoga, you absolutely must get a massage from Lucero at the spa. She is amazingly intuitive and when she was finished, I had not one knot left in my body. The spa is open to all guests even if you are not receiving a treatment, which is a nice perk. The sauna is beautiful they use a vintage stone oven to heat the room and the air is thick with the smell of eucalyptus, perfect for detoxing and clearing your sinuses after a long flight. The 22,000 square foot spa also boasts an up to date workout room, a steam room (not to be confused with the sauna), an ice cold plunge pool, an indoor Jacuzzi as well an outdoor saltwater pool overlooking the ocean. The main pool is plenty spacious but could get a bit crowded for an introvert like myself. I wanted solitude and I found it at the saltwater pool. I was usually the only guest there. The saltwater pool is a nice alternative to the ocean, which is gorgeous and sparkling from afar but up close the water is murky and filled with seaweed. I had read mixed reviews about the beach before arriving and have concluded that the clarity of the water likely depends on the season in which you choose to go. In October (rainy season) the beach is not swimmable. However, this inconvenience pales in comparison to the impeccable service, delicious dining, gorgeous location and spa. If you are looking at Mexico for rejuvenation and replenishing I highly recommend the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
14 Thank megalinn03
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed October 18, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We have stayed at this wonderful resort many times. From the champagne pick-up at the airport to the dramatic entrance portico.....one knows, luxury awaits. The management is very responsible and attentive to your desires. The GM, Valter Espenoza is a very polite professional. Greeting people and strolling through the grounds daily, seeing that all is running smoothly.

The accommodations are awesome......1000 sq ft suites, ocean front........and we always prefer the plunge pool suites. Breakfast on the veranda is a great way to start the day and immerse yourself in the beauty of your surrondings, whether it be the ocean, palm trees, or the well manicured grounds. Did I mention that room service is always on time and calls around the world are included in addition to the daily champagne delivery to your suite.
One is greeted upon check in with a bottle of tequila, limes, flowers, fruit and a chilled bucket of champagne............what a way to start a holiday after your journey!!

This resort is for all adults...........lovers, honeymooners, special celebrations, or just for a fabulous getaway.............we go because we love it.
The food prep is first rate, restaurants inviting.......the sushi bar, incredible and the harp player so romantic at breakfast..........the spa is a wonderful combination of therapies and health related healing practices........and massages are devine. we recommend this facility very highly. Dr. Renee' and Herb, MO.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WORLDTRAVELER_007_11
Cary, North Carolina
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Had a beautiful 4 day stay at this resort. Service was superb, especially poolside as well as at the casual restaurant called Kaax. This is a quiet, wonderful place to stay - as others have noted, if you are looking for big time night life, choose another location. It took us a day or two to get into the laid back mode, but soon we did not want to leave!. Look for incredible service from Miguel and Victor at the pool bar - they will help you in any way possible. My wife and I did not find the food at the dressy restaurant to be anything exceptional, so in the future we will plan to stay casual. Take a few hours and spend some time at the salt water pool, it was terrific! Our measure of a great vacation is to say that we would visit again, and we most certainly will.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,362 reviews
Hotel Marina El Cid Spa & Beach Resort
Dreams Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita? Share your experiences!