What a fantastic paradise for folks needing to experience true rest and relaxation. My fiancé and I had a superb experience. The weather was magnificent. We arrived the day after the tropical storm Karen visited, our luck. The next four days were absolutely gorgeous. You receive a newsletter each day with the times the restaurants are open and what activities are planned for the day.
The staff- consummate professionals with most likely years’ experience at this resort. They were so helpful and dedicated at putting ourselves at ease. Big thanks to Arturo, Antonio, Eric, Francisco, Federico, Julietta, Jesus, Jose, Chris and so, so many others who were excellent at assisting us in dining or at the beach. We tipped around $35-50 per day total, to wait staff, housekeeping, wet bar, laundry, drivers, marina assistance; these folks are tiptop and we felt they each deserved something extra for their amazing work.
The dining – we dined at all three restaurants. Every meal was wonderful and we felt had a great selection for our 4 full days there. We dined at Kaax for breakfast and lunch most days. El Chiringuito, the grill, we ate one day for lunch. We ordered room service on the morning of our departure, an early flight was very impressed. And we dined at La Canoa each evening for dinner. We enjoyed dressing for dinner and ending each evening that way. The wait staff surpassed our expectations and demonstrated a genuine connection to us as we dined. The food was on par with the finest restaurants in our city. Every meal was a delight and delicious. We ordered about every type of seafood at the restaurants and all were delicious.
The rooms – by far the most luxurious place we’ve stayed. Beds were very high off the ground and might be difficult for anyone with back, leg or hip issues to get into, but we liked them. Loved that both the bedroom and living room had wooden doors that could slide away to reveal a gorgeous view of the ocean. It was pretty darn magical. I’m a huge fan of baths, and brought my own bubble bath in anticipation of the enormous tubs in the room, but I’ll admit that half way through the trip I switched to the shower only because it was probably the best shower I’ve ever used. Wonderful water pressure and heat, designed very adequately for use. Wish I could transplant that bathroom to my home!
The marina – staff were always so helpful, even though the sunset cruises and the trip to Puerto Morelos were already full when we tried to register our first day. They supplied us with snorkeling equipment every day we requested.
Swimming – we swam in the ocean every day and in the Thalasso pool one morning. The regular pool was really not our scene, too many people. The ocean, while murky the first day after a tropical storm, cleared up each day, to our final full day there you could see fish while wading in hip-deep water by the marina. Snorkeling that day was pretty excellent! We saw barracuda, yellow stingrays (small), and about 6 different ocean fish. Near the pier was the best for snorkeling. We thought the temperature of the ocean was amazing, and wasn’t so concerned about the clarity of the water. I’m used to the U.S. east coast ocean where you can’t hardly see a thing in the churning waters, so just wading, swimming and relaxing in the ocean to cool off was completely fine with us.
My fiancé was able to practice his Spanish throughout the trip with the patient staff, but they spoke English very, very well. We took a day-trip to Puerto Morelos by taxi for $50 round-trip, and the resort kindly arranged for a great taxi driver to assist us. Spanish was more necessary for this day to communicate with taxi driver and shop owners.
One reason we chose this all-inclusive was because it did not have a party atmosphere. We don't drink alcohol and staff didn't blink an eye at that. Instead, they continued to bring us their unique iced teas of the day, delicious lemonades and fresh fruit juices, and loads of still water! It was a very comfortable place to not indulge in alcohol. We needed to relax and recuperate from a couple of tough months of life. This was the perfect, very romantic place to do that.
Sorry to have written a novella of a review, but this resort is truly top-notch. We cannot wait to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos