My wife and I stayed at Zoetry La Bonita from July 28 to August 4, 2013. We have travelled to the Mayan Riviera extensively but this was our first time at this resort. We chose Zoetry because of its small size, excellent service, and for the high-end dining. It lived up to most (but not all) of our expectations.
First, the private pickup at the Airport was amazing and made us feel special. Upon arrival at the hotel (20 minute drive) we were met by cold beverages and a personal concierge who toured us around the hotel and gave us the lay of the land. Our room wasn't ready so we enjoyed a nice lunch (see dining later on in review) and by then our room was ready. Our room was amazing. Huge, beautiful, so incredibly clean, and just perfect. Although we did have an ocean view it was partially blocked by another building (our room was Cerdena -- rooms are not numbered). We enjoyed the room thoroughly. Loved housekeeping and loved the nightly turn-down service.
Small, beautiful, lots of wildlife (birds, iguanas, other lizards, and two crocodiles -- they stay to themselves). The pool is magnificent as is the poolside service and you never need to worry about getting chairs, umbrellas or service). The beach is not amazing. The sand is nice but the water is not crystal clear or blue and there is a lot of plant life floating around---it's better to walk 2km down the beach and the water is way nicer).
There are three restaurants but every night one is closed (usually the grill -- it was only open 2 of our 7 nights). So we are at La Canoa and Kax most nights. Both offer exellent service and menus (we, like many other guests, couldn't distinguish between the food quality or service at Kax and La Canao). La Canao is fancier, has a slightly more gourmet menu and requires nicer clothing to get in. Both restaurants were good, but neither were amazing and unfortunately the menus stay the same for one-month at a time, which we found quite boring...a true five star resort would have creative chefs that would change the menu daily (us, and many guests we spoke to found they got bored by the end of their stays too with the food). The service at the restaurants is truly five star.
Lastly, remember to tip everywhere...although never stated, it is clearly an expectation by all staff. We tipped the waiters, pool guys, activity people, and housekeeping. I never felt bad about tipping as the service is amazing everywhere.
If you are looking for total service, relaxation, and serenity this is the place to go. Do not come here if you want to party, there is no entertainment (except for the harp player and guitarists who wander around the restaurants).
We loved it, but because of the limited food options onsite (you can go to other AMResorts if you wish) we would not return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos