Our stay at the Zoetry Paraiso was nothing short of spectacular.
My wife and I were looking to get away from everything for five days and just relax and be with each other in a beautiful all-inclusive setting. We found everything we were looking for at the Zoetry. From the moment we walked outside the airport and were whisked away in the Mercedes 'van' by our driver we were confident the trip would go well.
As other reviews have stated, when we pulled up to the front of the resort it was less....grand?...than we expected, but once inside the simple elegance and beauty of the lobby pool and the open view out to the ocean was such that it made us smile. The genuine smiles and greetings of the staff made us feel welcomed and put us at ease right away.
Sergio, the Front Desk Manager, came over to greet us immediately. He was warm and welcoming....and had some disappointing news. Our room, the Lover's Suite, was not available the first night. He offered us a 60 minute couples massage as compensation, which turned out to be extremely enjoyable. And we were given a similar ground floor suite that was the same floor plan, but did not have the outdoor shower. We were sufficiently impressed with the room that the lack of the outdoor shower did not really enter our thoughts. The suite was very elegant, had a two sided patio with a permanent double day-bed in front of the plunge pool in the side off the living area, and a single day bed in the side adjacent the bedroom. The bed was extremely high, which we both liked, and comfortably firm. The rest of the room and amenities were high end, which by this point had become expected. The Lover's Suite, which we moved into the next day, was equally appointed and the outdoor shower WAS very enjoyable. I'm not sure we'd spend the $200 extra for it next time, but it's something I'm glad we did once.
We spent two days camped in one of the 6 beach cabanas, which I reserved early (6:30-ish) with our complimentary beach bag. It looked like the last one was taken by 7:30. Victor took great care of us the first day making sure our drinks were topped off, bringing us lunch etc, that I made sure to get a cabana on his side the next day. We tipped Victor, but it didn't seem like it was expected and honestly, I didn't notice his demeanor change a bit after we did (other than to say thank you).
We spent a little time in the main pool, which was nicely laid out in two halves with a walkway in the middle. The walkway was under about 8" of water so when you crossed the pool it looked like you were walking on water from a side-on view. Nice. We found two lounge chairs without issue, but it was a bit later in the day and the resort was supposedly at 60-70% occupancy. I did notice most of the pool chairs were reserved by mid-morning all of the days we were there. The atmosphere at the pool was relaxing. There was no "Skippy on the mike" as a couple we met at dinner one evening referred to the obnoxious DJs that many of the larger resorts employ. Love that expression, Gary!
We also spent some time in the salt-water pool after our couples massage. It was extremely quiet and relaxing.
The only resort activity we partook in was the Mayan Ritual. I was nervous at first at the religious angle, but said a quick prayer of my and began to relax. It was very moving and thought provoking, and it turned out I had nothing to worry about. It was hot, but not as hot as a typical health club steam sauna. We left feeling mentally cleansed. Sounds cheesy, but it was true. You will have your own experiences, but I highly recommend taking advantage of this one.
We ate all our meals at the resorts four restaurants. Kaash for breakfast each morning and lunch, which was usually brought to the room or to the beach cabana, and dinner our last evening there. No matter which meal we ate there, the food and service was excellent. Daniel took great care of us here. We ate dinner one evening at the elegant restaurant and it too had excellent food and exemplary service. The only possible improvement was that the sauces on both mine and my wife's main course could have been warmer. Francisco took great care of us here. We ate one dinner at the beach bar & grill at it was our favorite meal of the trip. Authentic Mexican fare served in lava pots. Simply delicious. We also ordered lunch one day from the sushi bar. I thought this was the weakest of the four food venues. The sushi, while fresh, was thinly cut and just didn't have the desired texture. It was disappointing given the other dining experiences we'd had.
A general comment about the food quality and quantity. People; THIS IS A WELLNESS RESORT. You actually get what used to pass as a 'normal' serving size. That means that you can actually see plate between your food items. Both my wife and I remarked on what a novel concept that is nowadays. We never left hungry, but we never left stuffed either. And we had dessert every evening. If you just have to gorge yourself, you can. Simply order a second dinner or appetizer or dessert or a third. Also, there are NO buffets here and the menu offered a nice selection. Opinions may vary, but we were impressed with the quality and selection.
Overall, this resort exceeded our major expectations in every way. A one-word description would be; Class. Full disclosure; this was our first all-inclusive and will not be our last. It will be very difficult to visit the Riviera Maya again and NOT come back to Zoetry, even though we'd like to try other properties.
- the no clocks anywhere approach really worked for us. We were able to concentrate on hanging out with each other while not constantly looking at a clock thinking about the next thing we ought to be doing.
- the WiFi strength needs to be improved all over the property. We only had 1 or 2 bars no matter where we were, and while we left our phones behind most of the time, it ended up being quite frustrating when we did use them. It would not be an expensive improvement.
- this is totally subjective, but it amazed us how much people in general seemed to like to complain about everything. From the no clocks, to the palm trees blocking their views, to how far the further suites were from the main building and restaurants - a 5 minute walk MAX! We sat in the pool and listened to two couples complaining and instead of moving we just took it all in and realized how much WE were really enjoying ourselves.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsforEveryone, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos