“Exceeded Expectations”

Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Our stay at the Zoetry Paraiso was nothing short of spectacular.

My wife and I were looking to get away from everything for five days and just relax and be with each other in a beautiful all-inclusive setting. We found everything we were looking for at the Zoetry. From the moment we walked outside the airport and were whisked away in the Mercedes 'van' by our driver we were confident the trip would go well.

As other reviews have stated, when we pulled up to the front of the resort it was less....grand?...than we expected, but once inside the simple elegance and beauty of the lobby pool and the open view out to the ocean was such that it made us smile. The genuine smiles and greetings of the staff made us feel welcomed and put us at ease right away.

Sergio, the Front Desk Manager, came over to greet us immediately. He was warm and welcoming....and had some disappointing news. Our room, the Lover's Suite, was not available the first night. He offered us a 60 minute couples massage as compensation, which turned out to be extremely enjoyable. And we were given a similar ground floor suite that was the same floor plan, but did not have the outdoor shower. We were sufficiently impressed with the room that the lack of the outdoor shower did not really enter our thoughts. The suite was very elegant, had a two sided patio with a permanent double day-bed in front of the plunge pool in the side off the living area, and a single day bed in the side adjacent the bedroom. The bed was extremely high, which we both liked, and comfortably firm. The rest of the room and amenities were high end, which by this point had become expected. The Lover's Suite, which we moved into the next day, was equally appointed and the outdoor shower WAS very enjoyable. I'm not sure we'd spend the $200 extra for it next time, but it's something I'm glad we did once.

We spent two days camped in one of the 6 beach cabanas, which I reserved early (6:30-ish) with our complimentary beach bag. It looked like the last one was taken by 7:30. Victor took great care of us the first day making sure our drinks were topped off, bringing us lunch etc, that I made sure to get a cabana on his side the next day. We tipped Victor, but it didn't seem like it was expected and honestly, I didn't notice his demeanor change a bit after we did (other than to say thank you).

We spent a little time in the main pool, which was nicely laid out in two halves with a walkway in the middle. The walkway was under about 8" of water so when you crossed the pool it looked like you were walking on water from a side-on view. Nice. We found two lounge chairs without issue, but it was a bit later in the day and the resort was supposedly at 60-70% occupancy. I did notice most of the pool chairs were reserved by mid-morning all of the days we were there. The atmosphere at the pool was relaxing. There was no "Skippy on the mike" as a couple we met at dinner one evening referred to the obnoxious DJs that many of the larger resorts employ. Love that expression, Gary!

We also spent some time in the salt-water pool after our couples massage. It was extremely quiet and relaxing.

The only resort activity we partook in was the Mayan Ritual. I was nervous at first at the religious angle, but said a quick prayer of my and began to relax. It was very moving and thought provoking, and it turned out I had nothing to worry about. It was hot, but not as hot as a typical health club steam sauna. We left feeling mentally cleansed. Sounds cheesy, but it was true. You will have your own experiences, but I highly recommend taking advantage of this one.

We ate all our meals at the resorts four restaurants. Kaash for breakfast each morning and lunch, which was usually brought to the room or to the beach cabana, and dinner our last evening there. No matter which meal we ate there, the food and service was excellent. Daniel took great care of us here. We ate dinner one evening at the elegant restaurant and it too had excellent food and exemplary service. The only possible improvement was that the sauces on both mine and my wife's main course could have been warmer. Francisco took great care of us here. We ate one dinner at the beach bar & grill at it was our favorite meal of the trip. Authentic Mexican fare served in lava pots. Simply delicious. We also ordered lunch one day from the sushi bar. I thought this was the weakest of the four food venues. The sushi, while fresh, was thinly cut and just didn't have the desired texture. It was disappointing given the other dining experiences we'd had.

A general comment about the food quality and quantity. People; THIS IS A WELLNESS RESORT. You actually get what used to pass as a 'normal' serving size. That means that you can actually see plate between your food items. Both my wife and I remarked on what a novel concept that is nowadays. We never left hungry, but we never left stuffed either. And we had dessert every evening. If you just have to gorge yourself, you can. Simply order a second dinner or appetizer or dessert or a third. Also, there are NO buffets here and the menu offered a nice selection. Opinions may vary, but we were impressed with the quality and selection.

Overall, this resort exceeded our major expectations in every way. A one-word description would be; Class. Full disclosure; this was our first all-inclusive and will not be our last. It will be very difficult to visit the Riviera Maya again and NOT come back to Zoetry, even though we'd like to try other properties.

Some afterthoughts:

- the no clocks anywhere approach really worked for us. We were able to concentrate on hanging out with each other while not constantly looking at a clock thinking about the next thing we ought to be doing.

- the WiFi strength needs to be improved all over the property. We only had 1 or 2 bars no matter where we were, and while we left our phones behind most of the time, it ended up being quite frustrating when we did use them. It would not be an expensive improvement.

- this is totally subjective, but it amazed us how much people in general seemed to like to complain about everything. From the no clocks, to the palm trees blocking their views, to how far the further suites were from the main building and restaurants - a 5 minute walk MAX! We sat in the pool and listened to two couples complaining and instead of moving we just took it all in and realized how much WE were really enjoying ourselves.

8  Thank Sven J
info_zopdb, Social Media Coordinator/E-Concierge at Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Dear Sven J,

Thank you for your time to post a review, this is the best way for us to know if we are reaching our main goal of exceed our guests expectations.

Thank you for your kind comments about the great staff service you have received, the food selection, and the relaxing time you have spent by the pool.

We will be waiting for your return.
Kind Regards,

Social Media Coordinator & E-Concierge

Write a ReviewReviews (2,355)

Reviewed May 20, 2013

First I would like to say thank you to everyone at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita! Everyone there is amazing and I miss you guys already.
Now as for the resort I would highly recommend this to anyone. I am usually very picky when it comes to service, food and overall presentation. I do travel quite often and only stay at 5 star hotels whenever possible as well as I am lucky to be able to enjoy 5 star dinning every week locally.
I very much enjoyed the private pickup since I traveled light, only had a carry-on and didn't have to wait for anyone else to pick up luggage. The driver picked me up from the airport and he was very pleasant to talk to, very courteous and answered any questions I had. Of course offered a cold towel and a glass of sparkling wine. When I arrived at the resort which is not very far from the airport (another bonus) Rafa greeted me and showed me around the property. I would like to say that Rafa is amazing, always smiling and ready to assist with anything that is needed. I very much enjoyed the private check in since didn't have to stand in line anywhere, just took a tour around the property and then was driven to my room in a golf cart. I was concerned that internet wouldn't work in my room but it did :)
I stayed for 7 nights and never was bored or didn't know what to do. I brought many books with me and spent a lot of time at the beach lounging around reading them and enjoying the beautiful views. The beach service is great and I always felt like if I needed something someone was there to assist me. Never had to wait long for anything. I also enjoyed the La Canoa restaurant and once again their service is amazing. I would like to say special thanks to Hugo for making me feel welcome. And the seaside grill is great too with amazing views once again. I also went to the spa for an anti sunburn treatment which was great. And I also went for a boat ride which was wonderful and I couldn't have asked for anything more. I would like to say a special thank you to Jose who is wonderful!
Bottom line is that Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita truly is a great place with amazing people. There are never any line ups for restaurants, no buffet and great attentive service everywhere.
I truly believe that everyone should experience a stay there since we all know how hard we work and once it comes to vacation time, we just like to enjoy it and have a good time without any frustrations. This is the place to go!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank JekaterinaLauva

Dear JekaterinaLauva,

Thank you for your visit and for your preference. Also we would like to thank you for your kind comments about the great service you have received, and the food selection.
It is great to know that you have enjoyed a great experience since the moment of your arrival, with the private transportation.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would like to preface my review by saying that my wife and I have visited Mexico on at least 30 different occasions which have included trips to Cabo, Cozemel, Ixtapa, Cancun, Puerto Vallarta and the Riviera Maya so our frame of reference is balanced by tons of experiences in Mexico. We spent 7 nights at Zoetry celebrating our wedding anniversary (5/3) from 5/1 thru 5/8. The personalized pick-up service at the airport was the start of an amazing week that completely exceeded any previous experiences in Mexico! Everything about Zoetry is over the top and their signature phrase of "endless privileges" gives one a subtle hint of what they will experience with a stay at Zoetry. Our ocean view suite was amazing and the beach in front of the resort is one of the most beautiful walking beaches in all of Mexico. All of the Zoetry staff are super friendly and they are genuinely concerned that all of your needs are met during your stay. Don't be alarmed that there are only 3 restaurants at the resort as the quality and taste of the food was amazing and there was never a wait to be seated at any of the daily 3 meals that we thoroughly enjoyed. The gourmet restaurant Canoa is managed by Hugo who greeted us by name every evening and provided us with world class cuisine served by an outstanding waitstaff highlighted by the impecable service provided by Erich. Be sure to stop by the library bar and experience a drink mixed by Jimmy, possibly the best bartender in all of Mexico. Another shout out goes to Victoria, the conceirge, who made it a point to introduce herself to us on the first day and was always there to meet our every need. As others have noted, Zoetry provides a very peaceful and serene environment and if you are looking for a wild time with crazy pool bar action and night time entertainment then you will not like Zoetry. Children are welcome at Zoetry and there was one family of four there during our stay but they were never an issue. I could go on and on extolling our Zoetry experience but I think you get my message that it was an over-the-top experience. We are already planning a return trip over the Thanksgiving Holiday Week-End and I cannot wait to board the private Mercedes Benz van at the airport to start another amazing week at the Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita resort!

4  Thank Martin O

Dear Martin O,

Thank you for your kind comments and for your time to share your unbelievable experience, it is an honor to know that so many staff members have created a great stay experience with the personalized service.

We´ll all be waiting for your return.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

This was our sixth visit to Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita. This trip was as wonderful as our previous ones! Our flight was delayed, but there was Maximo ready to pick us up with sparkling wine the cooling bulgari blanc cloths…. Just heaven. Our suite had an amazing view, as they all do, since all are ocean front. We always request a top (3rd) floor room.
I will mention a few favorites and negatives:
Favorites: pick up at airport is sweet; check-in is fast; food at all restaurants is wonderful; Thalasso pool is very special; room service is fast; pool service is amazing (gracias Erik); Library Bar is an amazing refuge on a hot afternoon and a great spot for a late night chess game with a pineapple martini. Spa treatments are wonderful – perhaps a bit pricier than we are used to, but worth every penny in our opinion for a vacation treat. Whenever I walked into the front desk area they greeted me by name. Trip back to the airport was pleasant with Manuel.
A very few negatives: We could not schedule a sunset cruise, as the whole week was booked… we were not too upset since we had enjoyed many sunset cruises in the past years. The WiFi does not work very well, but geesh we were on vacation, so we turned of the iPhones, set our kindles on on wifi/G3 OFF mode and enjoyed the peace and quiet. We did use the computer in the Library each morning to check email, though.
We love the Thalasso pool and in the past we could just walk over from the main area, but they have put up a gate now, so you have to walk around through the spa to get to the Thalasso pool… at first I was a bit annoyed, but eventually realized that this was a better policy, as they can keep the peace and quiet around the spa area and they also request that you shower to wash off oily sunscreens to preserve the quality of the salt water pool.

Please PM me with any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Pam

7  Thank PamDon

Dear PamDon,

We would like to thank you for your preference, it is an honor to know that you have spent a great vacation in this your sixth visit to this paradise.

Thank you for your kind comments about food selection, staff service and Thalasso services.

We will be waiting for your sooner return.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

After reading a lot of review and research, we went to this hotel for a week. The service and decor are excellent. Surprisingly, the food is consistently great everyday. The portion and presentation are always fabulous. There is no buffet to our delight. I particularly enjoy the grilled fish on the beach.

We arranged a trip with private driver to maya ruins. It is a whole day trip. The trip is very expensive, however. The benifit is we just get on the car without worrying anything. The hotel arrange guild, food, water, even beer for our trip.

The pools are nice. There is sea water pool too. The hotel is small, yet quite with excellent view from our room. If anything, the ocean is a bit dirty with sea weed, not the best to swim. But you still can.

We certainly want to come back again. Since it is a small chain, we want to try this one in DR too.

It appears that hotel arrange transportation from airport to hotel. But we mistakenly follow the ad link from the hotel to another site and arranged transportation which case we paid tourist price. So call the hotel to arrange transportation.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank ShanghaiKevin78

Dear ShanghaiKevin78,

Thank you for your visit and for your preference, it was an honor to have you home.
We are overjoyed to know that you have enjoyed the food selection, the pools, and most important, the staff service.

We will be waiting for your return.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

We spent 5 nights at Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita from 5/9-5/14.

Arrival: We arrived at the Cancun airport to be picked up in a nice Mercedes Benz van and received cold water and washcloths as well as a chilled bottle of sparkling wine. Our driver, Jorge was great! After arriving at the gorgeous property, we were immediately met by Myra who gave a tour of the property and then showed us to our lovely room.

Room: Our suite name, Durban, was the third suite from the main buildings and was so close to everything. No plunge pool, but from what others said we didn't miss anything. The rooms were cleaned at least 2x a day and were huge and well furnished. Gorgeous views! Loved waking up and going to sleep hearing the waves!

Food: No buffets! Breakfast was great. There is only one choice for breakfast, Kaax, but that is all you need! The fresh squeezed juices at breakfast was awesome! You can also eat room service on your balcony, but the breakfast on the patios with the harpist was lovely. Watch out for sneaky birds and the iguanas!
Lunch: We typically ate at our bed by the pool or at the Hippo bar. I am still just confused at the reviews that said the service at the pool was poor and that you can't eat at the pool. That is a load of bull****. Many options for lunch! You can order food from the sushi/ceviche bar (the ceviche with grouper is VERY good) and El Chirungito.
Dinner: DIning outside at El Chirungito was lovely and everything from their grill was great. Kaax also had excellent food. La Canoa seemed to be trying too hard, although the lamb chops were cooked perfectly.
Overall, the food was great and that is coming from two foodies. Much better than food at other AI resorts.

Drinks/Bar: Great drinks and great top-shelf options (Crown, Grey Goose, Don Julio, etc.). The bartenders were awesome and had great suggestions. Wine is a bit pricey, but if you are like me and needed a break from hard liquor, it was a necessary expense. Bartenders are super fast!

Service:
Roomservice is super quick!
Service at meals and pool/beach area was also very fast. At the last AI resort we stayed at (450+ rooms and 7 restaurant choices) meals took FOREVER (especially waiting just to get a table)! Here, there is no wait and we went to dinner every night at a different time (7, 8, 9, etc.)
Pool service is great! Antonio and Eric are awesome and would see us at breakfast and ask us what pool bed we would like so they could make it for us. Victor on the beach is great too! Overall, I can't say enough great things about the staff!

Pool/ Beach area:
The pool was beautiful and never too crowded. People come and go at the pool all day, so there is never a problem finding a spot.
The beach is a bit rocky, but nonetheless fabulous. If you want a covered bed at the beach you better stake one (you can just put your beach bag on it, everyone does this so its not frowned upon) out by 7:30 am. They are very nice and comfy especially when you are hungover and sunburned form the day before.

Grounds: Fabulous and lush! Iguanas and parrots were entertaining to watch. The birds were annoying, but are easily scared away.

Entertainment:
If you want to do conga lines around the pool, listen to loud crappy music at the pool, have a rip-roaring good time, shut the bars down at 2am doing shots, this is not the place for you. If you seek tranquility, romance, quite reading at the beach/pool, and overall peacefulness, this is the place to be! I usually sleep in until 10 or so, but found myself up at 8 or so daily and in bed around 11 or 12. The bars close at 11, but that wasn't a problem for us because if you slip the bartenders a few dollars you can get a couple drinks "to-go." The catamaran cruise/snorkeling trip ($95 USD per person) was excellent and worth every penny! We only had 8 people in our group. Snorkeling at the 2nd largest coral reef in the world was great. We have snorkeled at this reef before, but in a group of like 30 and saw very few fish since their were so many people. On this snorkeling trip however, we saw barracuda, eagle rays, huge coral, and fish of all shapes, sizes, and colors! After snorkeling for an hour, we ate (ceviche, pico, chips, grilled chicken and veggie kabobs) and drank on the back of the catamaran and then sailed for like 2 hours. It was great and I highly recommend it!

Other things I need to add:
While we were there the hotel was at 85% capacity, but I would have guessed about 60% if someone had not told us. We never felt crowded!
Kids: Although the resort welcomes kids, there is not a lot for them to do. We don't have kids, but love kids and the 2 kids there were perfect. I wouldn't recommend bringing a whole family of kids here, but if you have 1 well behaved kid I would say bring them. Please don't mark this resort off your list if you aren't a kid person and don't want to be around them. Trust me, you won't even notice they are there.

Tips: A few dollars here and there go a long way. We would tip our pool/beach waiter about $12 USD/ day, breakfast $2-3, lunch $2-3, dinner $8-10, bartenders $2 or 3 a day for each (there were typically like 3 a day who would be our "go-to" bartenders). When we go to all-inclusive resorts, we bring about $300 in cash (small bills) and we feel we receive much better service. We didn't see a lot of tipping, but my husband and I like to acknowledge hard work and these guys work hard!

Timeshare pushing: There was none of this! When you go get your resort credits, you speak with a man who recommends touring the other resorts and all that timeshare crap, but when you say no they don't bother you anymore.

At this resort, your wish is their command. Overall, I can't say enough great things about this resort and can't wait to return next year!

5  Thank EJCoop

Dear EJCoop,

Thank you for your time to share your excellent getaway with this review. It is an honor to know that you have enjoyed the best staff service, the comfort of your room and the food selection.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went for our honeymoon and had an incredible time! The room was gorgeous and even smelled fantastic! The cleaning service was awesome cleaning and making the bed several times per day. The special turn down service for honeymooners was also very nice and romantic.
It was very warm, but the breeze was constant, so it was comfortable. We didn't experience any problems with bugs of any kind.
The food was different at times, but them again we were in a different country. The breakfast is incredible! We went every morning and it was very consistent and fresh! We loved sitting outside for breakfast and dinner because the weather was so nice. The drinks are top notch and if you go you have to try the Mambo Lei Lei!
The people are very energetic and helpful. The office staff was always willing to help and quick with any requests. Tips did help with the poolside service but weren't always needed.
The pool was gorgeous as was the whole property. We enjoyed the short walks from the pool and restaurants back to our rooms and the iguanas and peacocks were fun to look at.
Overall, we would highly recommend it and can not wait to go back!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Whitwil

Dear Whitwil,

It was an honor to have hosted you during your honeymoon celebration. Thank you for your time to post a review and for your kind comments. We are overjoyed to know that we have surprised you with a personalized staff service and with the food selection, specially at breakfast.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
#3 of 28 in Puerto Morelos
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun
Secrets Maroma Beach Riviera Cancun

Been to Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita? Share your experiences!