There is so much to say about this wonderful resort that I dont even know where to begin. When we stepped off the plane, we were directed to wait for "the man in the orange pants" who would be our driver to the hotel. When he showed up he gathered our belongings, loaded them into his nice lincoln navigator, offered us a cool towel, and poured us sparkling wine. It was a very nice, and quick! drive to the resort from there. This is important to me, as travel time (especially in cars from the airport) can often get lengthy. When we arrived, we were given a brief tour of the hotel and taken to our room, which was a ground level suite with the plunge pool. As I read in other reviews, I tend to agree that this pool wasnt of much use to us. It did accumulate bugs, leaves etc, but with a small filter I didnt see much else they could do. In my opinion, they did their best to keep the pool clean- I saw them coming around every morning at approx. 6 am to clean it out and check it. We loved our little patio though, and had breakfast there a couple of mornings. Room service was great, and delivered hot to our room very quickly. I had no issues at all with timing.
The pool- was absolutely stunning. I love the multiple pools seperated by a shallow pool- making it so you can lay around in the shallow end of the pool. This is such a great idea, and makes it easy to lay in the sun but stay in the water. The staff at the pool were wonderful- making sure we always had drinks, and remembering exactly what we were drinking.
The food was definitely some of the best I've had at an AI resort. La Canoa is probably one of the nicest restaurants I've ever eaten in, and we had the opportunity of eating there multiple nights so I tried just about everything on their menu. Steak, seafood, desserts- all absolutely wonderful, and the waiters were wonderful. My biggest complaint about the service at the restaurants as a whole was the length of time to receive orders. Even on nights when there was only 2 or 3 other tables taken, the service was still slow. The food coming out of the kitchen took forever, making dinner into a 2 hour experience. While my bf claims this is a "part of the experience", I disagree because by the end of dinner we were falling asleep after long days of drinking in the sun. On the other hand, the food from the sushi bar at Kaax was very quick, and sitting at the sushi bar watching them make the sushi was great. The sushi was excellent, prepared well and very tasty.
The resort also offered lots of little programs to keep you occupied during the day- a wine tasting, a tequila tasting, and even a cooking class with the executive chef. These were all absolutely wonderful, and we enjoyed them so much- especially the opportunity to get in the kitchen and cook with the chef. We were also able to do yoga one morning on the pier which is very memorable and different then any other yoga location I've ever had!
The spa offered a lot of treatments, and though we didnt purchase any of these treatments, the salt water pool at the spa is still open to everyone. This is a wonderful and relaxing place to go. You can access this pool through the spa, they dont always make it clear that it's open to everyone, but it very much is, and is worth your time.
Overall, I loved this resort and would definitely go back. This is a pricey resort, but for the relaxation, great food, and wonderful people, it's definitely worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos