I won't waste time proferring up what others have. They are all spot with descriptions and pictures of the location, excellent service, food, cleanliness and so on. So this was our experience. We travel the tropics regularly and that includes numerous visits to the Riviera Maya. This was, however, our first visit to Zoetry.
And, it was our 20th anniversary. We were two weary people who needed a relaxing vibe with good food, accomodations and no crowds, buffet lines, or kids, just to enjoy time together.
The Food: excellent. The soups were killer. Especially the seafood broth based. I could have eaten a cauldron with a loaf of crusty bread! Do eat at Chiringuito for Molcajete night; traditional Mexican. The ceviche/sushi bar called Sikil was scrumptous, particulary a scallop/cilantro concoction that was on the lunch wellness menu. The wellness menu (which changes daily) is provided with regular menus at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Sushi is fresh and outstanding as well. Anything can be ordered on the pool or on the beach, even though they may offer only the pool menu. Just ask!. I liked not having to sign for anything. When you are done, just leave (a friendly tip, of course). Our last night they made a special dinner for us with fresh (not frozen) lobster with filet mignon. Again, just ask! The food in all restuarants is unique of eachother and excellent. Rack of lamb and other meats were cooked perfectly, as well. Desserts were inovative and interesting. No, we didnt have burgers there. When, in Rome, they say. We did purchase some good wines from the wine cellar, which, were worth it! Miguel, the somalier, was great! As others have said, there is a nutrional value attached to every menu item. Nice touch.
Mostly excellent. There were a few glitches along the way. One night we didn't receive turndown service. A phone call took care of that, immediately. Beach service was great, but, a little slower than the pool. Not a problem. We were on island time. Once or twice the food arrived quite later than the usual island time in the restaurants. I think this may have been contributed to the see, savor and sip plan. People from other sister resorts were there to try out dinner, so it was more crowded. Laundry service is a fantastic bonus! We used it twice. Both times our things came back the same day. Saves doing a ton of it at home!
Part of the daily replenishment included a bottle of sparkling wine. We are not big into that, so we asked if we could have house wine daily instead. No problem and it was there everyday. FYI, either bring a corkscrew or you will have to ask them to open it as there is none provided in the room. Also, I enjoyed the espresso machine daily. It was replenished as well, as was the refrigerator contents.
SPA: Yes, it is expensive. However, with the daily information sheet that you will recieve (for the following day) with turndown service, there is usually information about 30% off on spa treatments between 8-noon, daily. I used the spa a few times and it was money well spent. The gym is small, but, adequate.
Activities: the sunset cruise was nice. They have a nice Catamaran there. I highly recommend the reef, sail and snorkel cruise. there were 3 couples with a crew of 3. Period. we snorkeled at the reef: good; then anchored for lunch, which, they provide based upon your preferences, including drinks. My husband went on a specialized dive trip on another day. And, there is deep sea fishing boat anchored there, as well.
the bed was FIRM, but, not hard, we found it very comfortable. We slept on it well. And, we like cushy beds at home. I have stayed in some resorts in other locales in Western Mexico where I had to ask for a pad because it felt like sleeping on the floor. This was not the case. If you need more padding, try asking.
The Bath: I highly recommend asking them to draw a nice romantic bath.. what a treat! Picture will follow, speaks for itself.
The birds were entertaining. Especially, the black birds which we called the AH-YEET birds because that is what they sounded like. They will swoop in and steal a crumble of bread off your plate, but, nothing else. I enjoyed listening to all of the sounds every morning on the plush beds on the balcony, drinking an espresso.
The ROOM: you have all seen the pictures. I highly recommend the 3rd floor. Loved the views and those "beds" on the balcony. The plumbing needs updating a bit in the showers. The AC is also tough to regulate. We found only one evening where it wasnt adequate. A phone call took care of it.
Great weather mostly, but, one Monsoon came thru and the staff made us all laugh. Eric, was sweeping the water out of the Hippo bar to no avail. It was funny. FYI, after it rains, its very slippery.
Bottom line, we will return!
We will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos