We went to Zoetry in mid-September for our honeymoon. It was a very relaxing trip - a great place to stay if you really need to de-stress. Here are our pros and cons to staying at Zoetry:
- VERY quiet. They have about 100 rooms there; when we were in town they only had 80 people staying (so about 40 rooms filled). They offer a lot of activities but because there were so few people around, we did most of the activities privately with the instructors (kayaking, yoga, snorkeling, etc.). It was really lovely to have some quiet time next to the ocean with little to no noise every day.
- You can hardly top the snorkeling experience at Zoetry. The guide will take you on a boat right off the private pier. Zoetry sits alongside the second largest barrier reef in the world, so you'll have a great opportunity to see several exotic fish up close. We even saw a baby barracuda.
- The rooms are gorgeous. We had our own plunge pool on our veranda that overlooked the ocean, plus a living room, bedroom, and a bathroom with a very big bath and a large glass shower.
- The drinks are great. If you get the Endless Privileges deal, you get a bottle of tequila, plus a bottle of champagne delivered your room each day. The bartenders by the pool do not skimp you on alcohol in the mixed drinks. And there are a large number of beers and cocktails to choose from.
- The servers will deliver your food/drinks to your chair/cabana on the beach OR directly to you in the pool. You hardly have to lift a finger.
- This Zoetry location includes a Thalasso Spa with a sauna, hot tub, salt-water pool, salon, spa services, and more. We loved the salt-water pool and found it to be very relaxing and soothing on our sunburns (!). We were surprised that we were often the only people at the Thalasso and in the salt-water pool, given that it was such a soothing thing to do.
- Our biggest con by far is that everyone is trying to pitch you something to get more of your money. The person who picked us up from the airport tried to sell us on a private excursion. When we got to the resort, we had to ask three different staffers in three different parts of the resort to find out what activities we could do. Instead of giving us the list of activities, one tried to sell us a time share, the second tried to sell us on a shopping trip to spend more money, and the third tried to get out of telling us about the free activities that were included. He also was VERY reluctant to help us contact our travel agent who had told us about activities OUTSIDE of our resort. Obviously they only wanted us to spend money at Zoetry and they would do anything to get us to sign up for paid activities.
- This isn't really a con, but Zoetry is a health and wellness resort. So the food is delicious and healthy, the portions are small. But if you're the kind of person that goes to Mexico for some burritos and nachos dripping with cheese, you're not going to find it here. There are no snacks onsite and no vending machines.
- Take bug spray AND something to heal your bug bites once you get them. My husband was bit very badly from head to toe by something like sand fleas. When we asked for something to help heal the bites, they said they only had one tube of ointment at the resort and another couple was already using it. This really made us nervous - if we had gotten really sick, would there be an infirmary or at least some first aid onsite?
Overall, we would probably recommend Zoetry to our friends for the quietude and privacy alone. Just pack your bug spray (and maybe some Doritos). :)
QUICK TIP: Check out The Jungle Place ("Kuuxi Kaax") south of Playa del Carmen. It's a monkey sanctuary in the jungle, just 5 minutes west of the main highway. You can play with monkeys! (Zoetry does not have anything to do with the Jungle Place but they can get you a taxi to travel down there. An easy, quick trip well worth the visit!)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, an ultra-luxury boutique resort, offers a completely new kind of vacation experience focused on wellness, serenity and romance, as well as social and environmental responsibility. Set on 500 yards of beautiful beach, this exceptionally unique property features 90 beachfront suites; La Canoa, a AAA Four Diamond award-winning restaurant; the first certified Thalassotherapy Center in North America;in-house scuba diving center, a private 48 ft. Catamaran. Zoetry Paraiso de la Bonita, one of the Leading Hotels of the World, has also earned the AAA Five Diamond Award for 13 consecutive years. Each of the 90 lavish oceanfront suites is uniquely decorated with hand-picked treasures from around the world and feature private ocean front view terraces, Bvlgari® bath amenities, fine luxury linens, sparkling wine and fresh fruit daily, 24-hour private, in-room dining, maid service three times each day and a welcome bottle of Tequila. For an added measure of intimacy and romance, a selection of suites also offer access to private terrace plunge pools and outdoor honeymoon showers. Endless Privileges® provide guests limitless access to personalized, private chauffeured airport transfers; unlimited worldwide calls and concierge service; daily breakfast, lunch and dinner gourmet dining options with an assortment of organic, local and gluten-free food and beverage selections plus 24-hour dining options allow guests to enjoy late night bites at Restaurant Kaax or stay in and order room service. The Sip, Savor & See Dining Experience provides 60 more dining and entertainment venues at nearby sister resorts; complimentary cocktails and specialty beverages from a variety of domestic and international top-shelf brands and top-shelf spirits; sunset catamaran sail; shopping excursions by boat; complimentary 24-hour laundry service; relaxing 20 minute Thalasso Experience per guest; as well as complimentary greens fees at nearby Grand Coral Riviera Maya. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Paraiso De La Bonita
- Paraiso Bonita
- Zoetry Paraiso De La Bonita Riviera Maya, Mexico - Puerto Morelos