I went to Azul July 15-20. The resort is beautiful. I went with 35 family members to celebrate my grandma's 80th birthday. We were greeted with champagne and towels in the lobby and went to lunch at Blue while we waited for our rooms. The service was a little slow, but it's not like we had anywhere we had to get to. Our room (206) had a great view of the ocean and pool. The bed was very comfortable, and there was cable in the rooms with a couple American networks. I thought the bathrooms were nice enough. The sinks are those big bowl sinks that sit on the counter. Our room also had a great little balcony with a table and chairs, very fun for room service.
We loved the swim-up bar in the pool! We also had a great time lounging in the beach beds and hammocks. Some of our group went on the snorkeling trip and enjoyed that too. We ate at both of the main restaurants and the food was good. The sandwiches at the cafe were good as well. The tequila bar was a lot of fun too. It wasn't crowded, and Juan the bartender was fun.
Now the bad part of the trip: Right in the middle of our trip was Hurricane Emily. The staff kept us up to date about the storm's progress, and there was a big meeting about the evacuation plan and procedures. We were evacuated to an elementary school in Cancun. I admit it was less than glamorous there. I won't get in to details because most likely there won't be another hurricane for quite some time. Although the evacuation center wasn't what we had hoped for on our vacation, the staff kept everyone positive and it was a safe place. Sergio encouraged everyone to play games and sports. There were 2 staff members in each room, and it was just for guests of the hotel.
When we got back to the hotel, there was no power, but they had a generator running to make mixed drinks :) and for lights in the bar and restaurant. The power and water came on by the next morning and it returned to normal.
Overall, we created a lot of memories (how many people can say they survived a hurricane?) and had a good time. The staff is excellent, especially Luz. My only recommendation is to avoid hurricane season! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort