“Total heaven azul beach ❤️”

Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived on Sunday 13th oct and here for 2 weeks , I am writing this review whilst sat put side our swim up room in villa 10.this hotel is a beautiful, relaxing hotel, food beautiful, waiters are so friendly and remember your drinks your names makes it really feel homely, weather totally what you would expect glorious 37 degrees yes that's right so need high factor we bought factor 70 from the hotel shop. We will be a family who will be returning to this hotel and next time well be bringing my patents as when we been face timing home they are amazed by what what they have saw.so azul beach you get a 5/5 from us from St. Helens ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️

• Stayed: October 2013
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Many thank for taking the time to share your experiences.Thank you for choosing the Azul Beach Hotel for this vacation and we hope to share more in the future.

I look forward to your next visit where we will be waiting to welcome you to your home away from home!

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Just got back from an amazing vacation at Azul Beach in Mexico. We became Exotic Travelers members earlier this year and this was the first opportunity we had to use our new Sapphire membership. All I can say is WOW!!

From the time we cleared customs/immigration at Cancun Airport, we were treated like Royalty. Our Lomas Travel Rep was waiting for us and escorted us to our own private shuttle (Lincoln Navigator). The driver had a cooler with some nice cold beer. He drove us directly to the hotel, where we were greeted by our Member Services Representative (Melissa). Cold towels, champagne, pillow menu, room scent selection...the list goes on...

Our swim up room was gorgeous and very well appointed. Pilar (our Butler) was absolutely amazing!! She took care of our every need throughout our entire trip - making dinner reservations, beach cabana reservations, delivering refreshments to our room, etc. She seemed to be able to anticipate our "needs" before we even had them. We've never been so pampered...absolutely top notch service.

We also got great service from Israel, who looked after us while we were at the beach.

Eventually, all good things come to an end. Our vacation came to an end and it was time to go home. Once again, the Lomas Travel people exceeded our expectations. We were picked up in another Navigator and driven to the airport, where we were greeted and escorted to a boarding pass kiosk. The Lomas Rep keyed in all of our info and printed out our boarding passes. He then escorted us to the baggage drop and helped with our bags...we were very impressed with the attentive service.

Our entire experience was simply AMAZING. We can't wait for our next Exotic Travelers vacation in the Mayan Riviera.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank TWAlapierre
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Thank you for your review , detailing your experiences from your stay with us. I truly appreciate the time taken to share your experiences. I'm glad that our staff made such a positive impact on your stay , I have passed your comments to all staff , especially the employees mentioned as there is nothing better than to be acknowlegded by one of our valued guests.

Its great to know that you enjoyed your stay from start to finish and I hope you will choose to return soon!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

If you are looking for a service oriented resort the Azul beach is the place to stay. The arrival at the resort was our best experience ever and we have visited a dozens of resort in the Caribbeans. Based on the previous reviews on TripAdvisor we had great expectations and the Azul beach staff where able to surpass them.

We stayed in a Familly suite and it was outstanding. We had everything needed for our 7 months old son, (baby crib, bottle warmer, baby bath ...) and these were already in our room prior to our arrival with is normally always and head hake in other all inclusive resorts. This place is truly family oriented and the staff is always happy and ready to help.

The beach butlers and entertainment staff are amazing. The beach cabanas are a must have if you are beach lovers.

The food quality surpass everything we have seen in the past. Everything was fresh and good and nothing was redundant. All the restaurants were good and with plenty of staff and service.

If you are looking for a human resort and or are travelling with you children/baby this is the place to stay.

We will be definitely returning back.

A special thanks to Alonso, Joan,Israel, Nataniel and without forgetting all the others.

Another special thanks to M.Helcher who is doing a wunderfull job keeping this resort customer oriented.

See you next year !

4  Thank Marcohardy

Many thanks for sharing your experiences with future travelers , i enjoyey reading your feedback and i'm happy you had a wonderful vacation at the Azul Beach Hotel. Great food , perfect location and superior service are just a little of what we offer at the Hotel.

Once again , many thanks for this great review and I hope to see you again soon at the Azul Beach Hotel.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Where do I start....From the moment you arrive at the hotel to the time you are due to leave the staff are outstanding, nothing is too much trouble for them. My partner was ill for a few days and the staff couldn't do enough for him to make sure he was ok. The room was just a standard deluxe in Block 1, it was a nice room since as it was just a standard room, very clean, bed was massive, bar was always stocked up, had a balcony looking at the beach.

All the staff work really hard and they always seem happy, we didn't come across one grumpy member of staff. Some of them have to work throughout the day in such intense heat. The guys that clean the beach everyday work their butts off to make the beach such a nice place to sunbathe etc, for one guy's hard work we tipped him as I bet these staff don't see many tips for such a thankless job, he was so grateful and next minute be had cut us down 2 coconuts to say thank you. Our maid was there cleaning the rooms first thing in the morning and was still there late in the evening going round all the rooms checking guests were ok for towels and spraying each room with the room scent you had chosen when you first checked in. The beach butlers and beach waiters are great they remember your name and also what you are drinking and when you finish a drink they are there with another without you even asking sometimes. Thank you to Israel, Mateo and Armando for the service it was outstanding. Israel comes round with newspapers, cold face towels, food a well as serving the guys that had pre booked the cabana's. We never booked a cabana but they looked really nice just on the shore line.

We never saw much of the entertainment at night as we kept missing the times it started as some nights it was 8pm and some nights it was 9pm, I believe the Micheal Jackson show is worth seeing. The entertainment staff never stop, they try and involve you in the activities but never to the point of pestering you, but how can you say no to lovely Carlos. Carlos, Victor and Edwardo are hilarious and keep you entertained all day and night.

The food and drink could not be faulted. Never had sushi before but it was a good time to try it since there was the Asian restaurant with a sushi river. The chef at the sushi river never stops making it and he is great to watch. If you ask him to make something he will. Whichever restaurant you ate in the food was well presented and very tasty. The drinks were all made with international brands which was excellent and they were not tight with their measures, in fact on some occasions there was too much spirit in there. They took the time to make the cocktails properly and were happy to make one even if it wasn't on the menu. Wilbert in the tequila bar makes a fab coconut martini and the Jellyfish shot is just so amazing to look at, I didn't quite believe it until I saw it with my own eyes.The 2 guys that work in that bar have a vast knowledge on tequila and they have regular tequila tasting sessions, the other barman (sorry forgot his name) also makes a mean chocolate martini. The frozen bar in there is a lovely little added bonus.

Don't waste money on Wifi, they have a free internet room with 2 PC's which is ample for a quick nosey on the internet to catch up with what's going on in the world and to also keep in touch with friends and family.

The vassey spa there is gorgeous, very well presented and a very relaxing atmosphere. You get to use the steam room, sauna, hot tub and cold plunge pool before or after your treatments. I had a full body massage with Wilbur, he was excellent. You pay a little more than you would at home but you're on your holidays and it was still worth going.

We went on 4 trips with Thomson's. They were well organised and the trips were really good, enjoyed each one, the only negative is, that our rep never gave us the heads up regarding some trips and the amount of money we may need to take with us which would have helped as we came away from one trip a little disappointed. We went to Chichen Itza which was a full day, the tour guide was funny and very knowledegable and told us we had the opportunity to buy some gold or silver which was a big selling point there as you couldn't get these from anywhere else.....had we have known this we would have taken more than enough money with us to purchase these items for ourselves. Tour Xplor is fab, if you like a bit of adventure then go. Went on the bar crawl, a couple of the bars were a little disappointing but coco bongo's at the end made up for it, fantastic shows, be prepared to stand up for a long period of time and at times be squashed but the atmosphere was rocking, I would have rather missed out some of the other bars and stayed there longer. And the last trip we went on was by far the best, Platinum swim with dolphins. Spent an hour with these lovely creatures, then swam with sharks and stingrays , free food and drink all day, the use of the infinity pools, zip lining, and snorkelling near the reef, I would definitely recommend that trip to anyone. The only thing I would say about Xplor and the dolphins is you get some great pictures taken and they only do packages which are quite expensive, barter with them to try and get your price reduced. For our Xplor pics they wanted 9900 pesos off us, we only had 7000 peso's so they accepted that,which was a good job as I would have been quite mad if I had come away without them, but the rep could prevent this by warning you how much these things potentially could cost.

We met so many nice people from the UK, the States and the hotel that made our 2 weeks such a memorable time. I really didn't want to come home, as you can tell above I could go on and on about how great this place is. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other people and I would definitely return there in the future. I cant remember everyone's name at the hotel but thank you to all of you for a truly fantastic holiday some of you probably don't ever receive the recognition you really deserve.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful feedback ! it was an honor to your holiday. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed various experienced that are offered at the Azul Beach Hotel.

I enjoyed reading your feedback and can assure you that your comments will be shared with all staff.

Thank you for recommending us with all Trip Advisor followers. We look forward to welcome you soon for another amazing vacation!

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed 6 nights and we were treated like royalty from the time we arrived till we left. Everyone was very helpful I had my own swim up suite which was wonderful. The food was great at every restaurants and the staff was always willing to serve you. The variety of food made it hard to choose which place to eat. The reserved beach beds were great for the family and my young grandsons. The selection of pools along with the beach make this resort a wonderful family friendly adventure. The Spa was great, I had a mani and pedi one day and an 80 minute message and facial another best I ever had. Thank you Rocio you were the best. Isreal was the best beach butler and took care of us daily. Mateo was wonderful also. Fernando and Sergio also made our stay wonderful. I can't say enough things about this resort. It was absolutely beautiful and the staff were always working very hard. I definitely will be going back. This was my 3rd trip to the RIveria Maya and it gets better every time.

3  Thank KDAV6429
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

It was certainly a pleasure to welcome you and your family to the Azul Beach Hotel for another fantastic & fun vacation.

We hope to see you at the Azul Beach Hotel for another visit where we will , once again provide you and your family with a level of excellence that is second to none.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This was my first time travelling to Mexico and second time for my family being at this hotel. We will be returning next year because the location, the staff, the food and entertainment was the best! We had a couple personal issues with the rooms and the hotel (Alonso, Front Desk Manager) resolved those issues very quickly and helped us have only the greatest experience. We ended up getting the swim-up suites which I recommend. This is a great family hotel for kids. The hotel was very accommodating by bringing high chairs and other kid amenities and being very friendly to the children.

Shout out to the Front Desk Manager, Alonso, for his very friendly and very quick service. Also to the beach server, Alberto for his attentive and friendly demeanor.

We enjoyed this hotel very much and will be coming back soon!

Room Tip: If you are planning on spending time in the room, I definitely recommend getting the swim-up suites...
1  Thank MariaSel

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words, I enjoyed reading your review. I'm very proud of each and Every Employee at the Azul Beach Hotel and will share your comments with all.

On behalf of the entire staff , we would like to thank you for choosing the Azul Beach hotel and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

This was our 2nd visit, which is unusual as we do not go back to the same place twice.
We were treated like royalty from the moment we arrived at Azul Beach Resort until the moment we left.
Over the years we have travelled extensively, cruising, stayed at several Sandal's resorts in the Caribbean and top end hotels in other parts of the world. The service we received at the Azul Beach resort is 2nd to none! There is a noticeable team spirit and a great desire to make every guests stay at the Azul Beach special. The result is a personal service delivered with great attention to detail. Staff go the extra mile proactively asking if they can help, remembering your name and preferred drink. Our thanks to the following for making our stay so special and memorable. Front of house manager Alonso, Pilar in conciege, bar tenders Bernardhino, Mateus and Javier all deliver great service and with a smile! Pedro, Fransisco, Rapheal, Luis and the lovely girls on the front desk in the Blue Restaurant. A special mention to Carlos in the animation team who works extreamely hard ensuring everyone is having a good time.

This resort is ideal for couples as well as families with small children who are well catered for.
The only improvement in our opinion would be more live music in bar areas in the evening, which we hear is planned for 2014.

When we left it was noticed by Olivia on reception that we were waiting a while for our transport. Olivia asked if we would like a glass of champagne. We had a fantastic holiday, cannot wait for until our next visit!!

Mr and Mrs Allen

Room Tip: We stayed in a suite with a sea view, it was beautiful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent stay , it was a pleasure to host your family vacation. There is no better reward than to receive such comments from our guests , it is great to that you appreciate the efforts of our staff.

Once again , we thank you for choosing the Azul Beach Hotel and I look forward to your next visit

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Royalton Riviera Cancun Resort & Spa
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita
#5 of 25 in Puerto Morelos

Been to Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!