“Amazing! We can't wait to go back!!”

Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I just got back two days ago and I can't wait to go back! This was a beautiful resort. The food and drinks were better than I every expected them to be from an all-inclusive resort. I've stayed at many AL and this was the best so far! I was in town for a wedding on the beach. It was the most beautiful wedding on the beach EVER!
I was very surprised to see all the families with kids there, mine stayed home this time, but I would absolutely take them next time! There were lots of activities for kids of all ages. I would suggest not walking too far to the right with children.
The rooms were beautiful and very private. It was a great time!

Room Tip: Rooms on the right side of the hotel are much nicer. We had 921 above the pool bar, it was beautiful...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank JennTX5
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2013

Many thanks for your review , I'm glad that we surpassed your expectations and we look forward to your return, this time with your family .

gm@azulbeachresort.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,514)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Firstly a big thanks to Amy at beachbumvacation.com. The Hotel was great and the upgrade made it even better. Your initial reviews and write ups do you credit! This hotel is perfect for young families, especially those over 4 years of as that is when impact of the kids club becomes fully effective. Pillar and the team in the kids club are fantastic and do a great job of keeping the kids entertained. Our 5 year old boy was first in line in the morning to get in and last to leave at night. The food here is of a good quality bests most other "all inclusive's" that we have been to in Mexico. The only gripe would be that the service can sometimes be a little laid back, but then again you are on holiday..

Overall we would highly recommend the Azul Beach.

Room Tip: The Honeymoon suite in Villa 7 is awesome and overlooks the Ocean.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
19  Thank EandJNYC

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent family vacation . I do agree the Azulitos is great for the kids and they are sure to have a great time in the safe hands of our qualified Nannies and kids club staff.

we hope to see you again so we can provide you and your family with another wonderful Gourmet Inclusive vacation experience.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at Azul Beach in mid-march (spring break season) and are almost lost for words on their impeccable service at 100% occupancy!!!!! We have never been to a hotel that geniunely cared about their guests the way these staff do. The GM Peter is hands down the best General Manager we have ever met at ANY business due to his attention to detail on theMy girlfriend and I stayed at Azul Beach in mid-march (spring break season) and are almost lost for words on their impeccable service at 100% occupancy!!!!! We have never been to a hotel that geniunely cared about their guests the way these staff do. The GM Peter is hands down the best General Manager we have ever met at ANY business due to his attention to detail on the property, caring personality for his guests, interactions with his staff, etc..... The fact that he would find us where ever we were and sit down or stop to make sure we were happy was mind blowing!!!!! We could go on, and on. As business owners and General Managers at a Gym we understand that service sells and the way you treat your guests, whether good or bad, will make or break your business. Peter and his staff make their hotel what it is.

Stefan (executive chef) is phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!! As a person with a gluten intolerance Stefan has created a menu that makes the nerves go away about the potential pain I could be in! He would have his sue-chefs come see me at the table...... or even the beach and specifically pick what I can eat to my own preferences!! If there wasn't something at the restaurant I was at that I wanted, they would go all the way to other restaurant to get it. Stefan has created a one of a kind experience that I don't think I'll ever be able to replace. His personality, professionalism and expertise shines above all chefs I've met to date!

Caroline (sales manager) made herself known and in a very positive way. Just like Stefan and Peter, she would ALWAYS (and I mean always) stop to make sure we were happy and just see how we were! Peter was very smart to put her in this position as she certainly represents the hotel in an irreplaceable way! We had an issue the first night we arrived (11pm) and in the morning she came out to see us to help solve the issue. And wow, did she ever go above and beyond!

Benjamin (waiter) is THE BEST waiter I have ever met. We would hire him in a heartbeat!!! He is attentive, enthusiastic, personable, memorable and a joy to be around!!!!! Without Benjamin being there as what we joked to be our "personal waiter" our stay would NOT have been the same. He would find us before we found him and be there with our FAVORITE drinks in hand (Champaign and fresh strawberries..... everyone has to try this). We cannot thank Benjamin enough for the treatment he gave us!

The Food and Beverage Manager (I don’t want to spell his name wrong) was beyond amazing. He like EVERYONE else was always making sure we were happy. Him and Stefan seemed to pop up out of nowhere and make sure the staff were meeting our needs and again that we were happy. (Notice the reoccurring "happy") He is a HUGE assets to that hotel!!!!!!

Roberto (spa staff), the receptionist at the spa, whose name has slipped my mind, due to time passed, and the spa manager, all made the AMPLE spa treatments the best in the world!!!!!!!!! The service was beyond our expectations and the friendliness surpassed any spa I've been to (which is MANY). GREAT pricing as well. The spa is something I've been missing since we've been home!

Everywhere we went the staff new us by name and drink...... :) It almost seem surreal how this hotel could find this many amazing staff to work there. There aren’t enough words in the world to explain how memorable that experience was.

Thank you to all the staff for the tremendous service! We hope to see ALL of you next year! If it weren't for being as busy as we are, this review would have been written sooner!

Please keep up this service as well are and will be sending many people your way!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Katrina M

Thank you for your delightful review, Im very happy to know that we provided with the ultimate GI vacation experience. I'm very flattered by your kind words and also very proud of each employee. your praise for the staff will not go unnoticed and they will be rewarded accordingly.

Touching on your comments about the Food , in this day and age , food allergies and intolerances are becoming common and we ensure that no matter the allergy or intolerance , all our guests have a great Gourmet Dining experiences.

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback and we look forward to your next visit

Reviewed April 30, 2013

We stayed between Cancun and Tulum at least 25 times in all kind of five star hotels.
I think we are spoiled. Last week we stayed in the Azul Beach Hotel and it was a big surprise for my wife and me. This resort is small and lovely. After a short time you know many other guests and we even made new friends. The staff is genuinely friendly, the whole place is very clean and the resort is very well managed. The garden view rooms are presently being remodeled and we liked our room even the way it was before the renovation. The view and location is ideal.
The restaurants are very elegant and all of them are welcoming babies and toddlers. This is an ideal place for young families and older folks like us. The food is exquisite.
I especially liked, that we never had to reserve a chair around the pool or in the shade. In some other high-end hotels you had to place your towel on ‘your’ favored chair before breakfast, not at that hotel.
We love this place and we will come back.

Room Tip: deluxe rooms are in five small buildings with ten apartments each and the location is superb.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sonneusa

Thank you for youe wonderul comments , to hear that you have visited Cancun and the Riviera Maya over 25 times and to know we were able to surpass your expectations is great! we pride ourselves on being 2 steps ahead of the regular All inclusive holidays; providing our guest swith a vacation experience like no other , ensure each and everyone of our guests received superior service and only the very best quality.

I feel very honored that you chose the Azul Beach Resort and more so that you have chosen to return again in the future.

Many thanks for sharing your experiences.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I absolutely love this place!!! My family and I had an amazing vacation here. My two girls, ages 1 and 5 went with my husband and I. The staff really caters to you and your children, we felt very safe! The food was the best I have ever had at a resort! We got the swim up deluxe suite, and that was totally worth it! We love love love Jeshua- he is the activities director!!! :) definitely worth the money, wouldn't change a thing!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank ChristinBabb1112
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Just returned from this wonderful place after a week with our very good friends, the new Mr and Mrs Dawson. Their wedding was planned to perfection. This hotel is beautiful , well placed on the beach and very very clean. The staff were, if anything over attentive and seemed really happy to help. They never left you without a drink in your hand and we had all the premium drinks. The food was wonderful. We could eat in any of the five restaurants and the food and service were always first class.
I would highly recommend this resort . Apart from the couple of nights disturbed sleep by over indulgent noisy neighbours we could find no fault with this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank CateJ
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Many thanks for your review , I'm very hapy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and was part of the special celebrations of your friends. It's so great to know that our staff provided you with a superior level of service and catered to your every need.

We hope to see you again at the Azul Beach Hotel

Reviewed April 26, 2013

Overall, very good. Reception service can be hit or miss. Lenin was consistently pleasant and helpful. Others may lack motivation at times.
Restaurants- Roma is the best by far. Excellent with a catch. That is, if a head chef, Daniela, is working- it is great. If Daniela is not, downgrade a notch.
As always, its all about people, right.
Comparing to many neighbouring resorts, heavy, tattooed travelers with Budweisers loitering around swimming pools 24/7 were a distinctive minority.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank zenitchampion1

Thank you for your brief review , I truly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to follow up on your comments concerning the experiences with the service from our Front Desk.

it was a pleasure to host your holiday at the Azul Beach Hotel and I hope that you will return again in the near future

Also consider these accommodations in or near Puerto Morelos
Azul Beach Resort Sensatori Mexico
Azul Beach Resort The Fives Playa Del Carmen
Azul Beach Resort The Fives Play...
#58 of 214 in Playa del Carmen
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#8 of 28 in Puerto Morelos
1 mi away
Secrets Silversands Riviera Cancun

Been to Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!