Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Zoetry Paraiso de La Bonita(Puerto Morelos)
View Hotel
Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun(Puerto Morelos)
  • Breakfast included
Acamaya Reef(Puerto Morelos)
3,823 results
All reviewstequila barblue restaurantkids clubaquanox barfamily swim up suitebeach bedsdeluxe roomssushi riverlatin restaurantchil restaurantbeach butlerswinging bedsbaby monitorbaby foodgourmet inclusivefisher pricebeach bum vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We just came back from a trip from 3/23 - 3/30/2013
EXCELLENT OVERALL EXPERIENCE!!
We had a Family Swimup Suite in building 9. We traveled with our 13, 11 and 7 year old. The day bed couch comfortably slept the kids in the living area while my wife and I had the king size bed. The space was divided by pocket doors that could be pulled closed. Definitely enjoyed being able to sit on our own balcony and watch the kids in the pool. Also, enjoyed easy access to pool side bar.

The food was excellent. We ate at Blue, Roma and Latino. There was a wait a few nights after 6 when we got back from excursions for a party of 5. The one night we tried both Roma and Latino and opted for Blue due to no wait. Roma is the Italian option, but it actually had the very best beef tenderloin and grilled pork.

The beach is nice but small. There is a wait everyday for a cabana. Since we did excursions all but two days we missed the daily 2 pm line for the 3 pm signup. It was fine for us to get up early (we were two hours ahead on east cost time) and just put towels on chairs next to tiki umbrella spots at the beach. If you get down before 7 AM it was easy to get 5 chairs and the shade without having to wait in the cabana line.

There are very limited supplies of towels and sports gear. The first day we got snorkel masks on Friday they were gone by 11 am. Towels are put out in the AM; grab and keep all you think you need for the day; they never get replenished.

BE AWARE - THERE IS NO ATM. WE BROUGHT ONE BUNDLE OF ONES FOR TIPS. WE SHOULD HAVE HAD TWO BUNDLES OF ONES AND ANOTHER BUNDLE OF USA FIVES. YOU ALSO NEED CASH FOR DEPOSITS ON SPORTS STUFF FOR THE DAY. YOU GET IT BACK, BUT IF YOU PLAN TO SNORKEL WITH HOTEL STUFF YOU HAVE TO KEEP THAT MUCH AMERICAN CASH. TIPS ARE SUPPOSEDLY INCLUDED, BUT WE GAVE BARTENDERS AND WAITERS ADDITIONAL $1 - $8 FOR DRINKS AND DINNER MEALS AS EXAMPLES.

ONE FINAL WARNING - IGNORE THE PRESTIGE THING. I ATTENDED TO GET DISCOUNTS TO REBOOK NEXT YEAR. RESEARCHING THE "TRAVEL CLUB" ONLINE I AM GLAD I PASSED ON SOME LIFETIME THING THAT MIGHT OR MIGHT NOT WORK.

ALSO, USE THE CONCIERGE TO BOOK EXCURSIONS FOR YOU DIRECTLY. WHEN YOU USE THE LOCAL AGENCY UPSTAIRS IN THE HOTEL THEY ADD A CONSIDERABLE FEE AND THE EXCURSIONS ARE ALL DEFINED TO JUST COME TO RESORTS AND PICK YOU UP. YOU DO NOT GET EXTRA SPECIAL TREATMENT BECAUSE YOU USE THE LOCAL AGENCY.

EXCURSIONS - LOVED THE DELPHINUS DOLPHIN SWIM, SWIM WITH TURTLES AT TURTLE BAY AND AN UNDERGROUND CENOTE AND HAD A BLAST WITH BRUNO AT SALVETICA ZIP LINE. HATED XCARET - REAL WASTE IN CRUMMY RIVER AND POOR USE OF A DAY.

Room Tip: DEFINITELY SPEND THE EXTRA FOR A SWIM UP SUITE. They are much nicer and convenient to have pool seating.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Therider01
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Simply one of the best vacations we have ever taken! It may have helped that we didn't bring our kids with us for the first time, but the Azul Beach was everything we expected and more. The rooms were superb! We stayed in one on the older side for the first few days and we really enjoyed the serenity and the incredible ocean view it offered. Very quiet, clean and modern. They were very accommodating in asking if we'd like to experience a suite in the newer wing, when one came available. We took them up on the offer and thoroughly enjoyed it as well! It was quite a bit bigger, had a jaccuzzi tub and ultra modern furnishings. Very comfortable and still had an ocean view, although not as scenic. More concrete than the greenery the older wing offered. It was great to experience both settings. The five restaurants offered excellent cuisine each and every meal. It made for difficult choices at meal times. The beach was also one of the nicest we have experienced in Mexico thus far as well. I think what really made our vacation so unforgettable was the staff at the Azul though. From the cleaning staff, to our servers, to the bartenders and those at the front desk, and especially, Olga, the assistant manager. They all went above and beyond what we expected or imagined our service would be. You made this vacation our best trip to Mexico yet! We will most definitely be returning!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Canadays
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for such a wonderful review , I have shared your comments with my staff in a recent meeting . we hope that you will return again very soon for another superior vacation experience

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I stayed in the newly renovated 900 block in the Family Swim-Up Suite, which is generous in size at 711 square feet.

Its a very remarkable room, but very functional {and kid-friendly} as well.

The spacious suite features these key areas: a separate bedroom {privacy!}, the living and dining area, as well as a generous sized bathroom and a relaxing terrace area as well.

In the bathroom you have a hydro jet Jacuzzi with the most invigorating rainforest showerhead in the separate shower area. The vanity has dual sinks, a hair dryer and lots of storage room for all your toiletries both on the counter and on the shelves below.

Lots of Caribbean character, the room also boasts a modern and sleek look with two 32-inch plasma TVs, a DVD player, an iPod docking station, deluxe bathrobes and even an umbrella in the closet for those short but fierce tropical rain showers.

The king sized bed is the ultimate in comfort, plush to envelop after a long day of ‘beaching’. Yet, the bed is firm enough to allow support required to get a good nights rest. Really, this bed easily made it way up there on my ‘best hotel beds’ list {yes, I do have such a list}.

The stocked mini bar includes choice of pop, water and beer and is stocked daily. There is ample closet room and drawers for a ton of clothes and the coffee pot area/fridge is masked as a cabinet for both aesthetics and safety for little guests. I like that these amenities are hidden, ‘out of sight out of mind’ for kids.

There’s no need take up a lot of room in the hall for that stroller if you are using one, there’s a spot right at the front door. So, you can keep that single {or double} out of the way. As well, a shoe cabinet/bench is the first furniture piece that you’ll see when you walk in the door.
These features may seem simple, yet they do add a lot to comfort and safety. Parents that have traveled with kids are applauding over these details not overlooked. Have you ever tripped over a stroller or a pile of little shoes in the middle of the night? I have and it’s not fun.

The couch converts into a bed, which will easily fit 3 kids comfortably {love this!}. The coffee table can also be stored under the side table, to get it out of the way so it’s not a tripping hazard. Use the couch and coffee table by day and in seconds the table is gone and you have a bed! Great design!

Speaking of safety, the patio doors have double locks, one way high up and the other in the usual spot. Unlike most swim-ups which are open to the pool, these have a full railing and deck gate with lock. Sure older kids can access the pool with ease, yet it’s not like they can just leap out from the patio. And, for those with early walkers or crawlers who can’t ‘do’ locks yet, feel secure knowing your baby can roam the patio safely.

The pool is right there, so if the kids are begging to swim before your morning coffee on the patio, how’s this for compromise?! We always tend to forget items in our room on vacation, and once you are settled with kids, packing up to fetch something is a pain. Such easy and fast access to the room is a very attractive feature!

Room Tip: Family Swim up suites are convenient, yet come at a steeper price. If you see a sale or can afford it, snag it!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank MyChaos

Many thanks for sharing your experience of your recent family vacation and Im thrilled that you found our Family swim up suites a perfect match for your vacation requirements,

I hope that we were able to create lasting memories for you and your family. Also I hope you will choose to return again so that we can continue to make wonderful memories for your family.

best regards

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We have just come back from this hotel and had a great time, I have read some of the last reviews and I have to say in defence to some of the comments relating to the staff's pay and points that have been made, first I don't think this is anyones business and I must say the staff are more than happy don't worry about that they don't complain if your happy then tip them!! I must thank all the staff from the hotel as they treated as very well from the pool boys to the bar people, like Rebecca as she stood out, I would not take it to hart if one day you say hi and don't get a responses it's not meant they run around like mad men for your comfort, any way I would come back in a hart beat and will do, I left my comments on the hotels iPad because they were only suggestions, so thank you for a great time and see you soon. R702.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Steve D
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Thank you for your review and I'm thrilled to hear that you had a great time at the Azul Beach hotel. I will shae your comments with Rebecca and our other staff. we can assure you our staff are very happy at the Azul Beach Hotel , this shows as we have many staff that are long standing members of our team , which means alot considering we are in an area with many job opportunities. I am very proud of the staff and can not praise them enough for their hard work and efforts, we have a winning team at the Azul Beach Hotel and this reflects in the service our guests receives.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My girlfriend and I visited the Azul Beach Hotel in February for my cousin's wedding. From the start, the staff was very courteous and eager to please, as you would expect when walking into any nice hotel or resort. They showed us to our room, which was acceptable, but not quite as nice as we would expect for the price we were paying.

There was nothing impressive about the room. We discovered how thin the walls when we were awakened at 7am each day by the crying baby next door. The type of tile flooring was always gritty (even after a room-cleaning and mopping), so we had to walk around in sandals to keep the bottoms of our feet from being coated in a layer of dirt. The bathroom looked a little old. The lighting throughout the room was poor, while the bathroom sink lighting was actually quite good for my girlfriend to apply makeup. I think I read on TripAdvisor that there are some renovated rooms on the resort. Because we came on an especially busy weekend (I believe 3 weddings were taking place), we didn't have much choice in our room.

Service throughout the resort overcame every gripe we could possibly have. Without fail, every member of the staff did his or her best to get us exactly what we needed. I requested a hamburger to-go from a restaurant that didn't serve burgers at the time. "No problem, sir. We will run to the other restaurant and bring you the burger in about 15 minutes." None of our requests were met with, "Sorry, we don't do that." It was easy to take this for granted, so I had to stop periodically and appreciate how difficult it is for every staff member to be so friendly all the time. We loved the hamburgers. Once, we ordered a burger to be delivered to us at the tequila bar. We decided to leave the bar before it arrived, so we called room service from our hotel room. "Thank you for letting us know. We will bring your burger to your room in 3 minutes." Several staff members took care to remember my name and called me Mr. _____ every time we crossed paths at the resort. One more thing I just remembered was that our departing flight was at 5pm. Because our room was not scheduled to be occupied until much later that evening, the staff had no problem extending our room reservation until 3pm. It's the little things like that...

Food and drinks. As I expected in an all-inclusive resort, the alcohol was lower to mid shelf in quality. The best vodka available was Smirnoff. And I was hoping for a better Mexican beer selection than canned Sol and Tecate. The brunch and dinner foods were excellent overall. However, the sushi at the Asian cuisine restaurant was very much lacking. You have to understand the business of an all-inclusive resort, and how having top quality sushi and large sashimi cuts as well as top shelf alcohol are just a few of the things that could make the business much less profitable. That said, the mixed drinks were so incredible that you could never tell which kind or how much alcohol was in them.

On the third day, girlfriend and I got the couple's stone massage. It was a bit expensive -- not included in the cost. My girlfriend loved it. I don't typically get massages, so I found it just okay. To be fair, I must have enjoyed it more than I realize because my girlfriend claims that I started snoring halfway through the massage.

This review would not be fair without a shout out to Mitch at Trip Guy Travel agency for his excellent service while setting up our trip. As usual, I had a million questions, and he was fast and responsive to each one. Even after the trip, I had a couple remaining questions that he found answers to within the hour. This service did NOT come with a price. In fact, the price we paid for everything was as good or better than any other deals we had heard of from others or online. I hope to use them again for an upcoming cruise.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Vijay D

Thank you for sharing your experiences of your recent vacation, i truly appreciate your comments and have carefully read through your detailed feedback. I do apologize for the inconsistencies experienced and I will be sure to address these areas with my management team.

I'm happy to know that you receive a superior level of service and that this had such an impact on your vacation, as I have said many times before , I'm very proud of each and every employee and they are definately a big part of the vacation experience