“Great Place To Go With Young Kids” 5 of 5 bubbles

Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya
Ranked #6 of 26 Hotels in Puerto Morelos
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
New York
“Great Place To Go With Young Kids”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Just got back from a 4 night trip. Beach is beautiful. Staff was amazing. Food and drinks were great. The child center is great for kids who are at least 4 but they have babysitters for kids under 4. I must say that everything about our trip was great. I will come back again and I think if you have young kids this place is really amazing.

The pools are nice but they have no outdoor hot tub.

My only criticism is that they charge for wifi per device and not per family so if you have a couple of devices you can end up paying a lot.

Room Tip: Get the family suite if you have two kids.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nycrunner5
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences, I have read through your comments and have noted all feedback. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your overall experience and that we were able to provide you with a superior vacation experience.

unfortunately we do not currently consider the cost of WIFI within our room rates and we believe that each guests has the choice to choose whether or not they wish to pay for this . Instead of automatically including this service in the rate of the room , the guest can contract per day , per week or per stay on arrival if desired.

we hope that you will chose to return to visit us for yet another wonderful Gourmet Inclusive vacation

Best Regards

gm@azulbeachresort.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (834)
  • Polish first
Saskatoon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

We spent some time at the Azul Beach in February. I am a travel agent and did thorough site inspection of the beautiful Azul Beach. The property is stunning, with this gorgeous view of the ocean as soon as you enter the resort. It is a boutique style, family friendly property with great restaurants, beautiful rooms, pools and lovely beach. The property is only 20 min. from the airport, so you will be at your resort in no time, to enjoy this wonderful property.
They have a great program for kids, where they lend baby equipment so you don't have to bring it from home. They have a partnership with Fisher Price, which means they have a wide variety of toys to select from, and your children can select the toys from the menu & keep them with them the entire time, while staying at the Azul. They can even trade them in for different toys, too!
Recently they renovated the 148 rooms, so they are all just gorgeous. The resort is built along the beach, so all rooms have close access to the beach. The food here is Gourmet Inclusive. You will see, it is amazing food and you will find something to eat as they cater to all tastes.
This is one of the nicest family properties in the Mayan Riviera!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank NoWorriesJustBreathe
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

My family, including a 5 year old son stayed a week at Azul Beach Resort this month. We did a lot of research before committing to stay at this resort. It was completely worth every penny. The service from our very first moments of our stay was phenomenal. My son loved the evening entertainment. We stayed in Villa 9 for most of our stay, which I would recommend if you have children. The restaurants were amazing...service and food. It was nice not to have to have reservations. The personal service that we received from Olga, Javier at Aquanox, Gilberto at Aquanox, Axel from concierge and Benjamin the lovely beach butler made our trip extra special. We will be returning as a tradition every year. Same time...same place.

• Stayed February 2013
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

We found this hotel through our wedding planning and vacation service and what an amazing find. Truly a wonderful resort to stay at due to the very high quality dinning experience, personable staff, luxurious rooms and picturesque views. We had just under 40 people for our wedding that stayed at Azul and we all agreed that this was the best all-inclusive we had ever stayed at. Though you do have to fork out quite a hefty amount of coin for a stay at Azul, you do get what you paid for. Drinks aren't watered down, produce comes from their local greenhouse that serves all six Karisma properties, staff know you by name, massages are had near the crashing sea waves, sand is like flour and all areas of the resort are extremely clean. Also, loved that the resort was so small and there were so many areas people could lounge making the resort very quiet and not busy.
As for hosting a wedding at this resort... I'd give the Azul wedding experience an 8.5/10. We had our ceremony on the Sky Deck and our reception at Blue Restaurant guests mostly included immediate family and 20something couples. There were a few hiccups along the way such as requiring translated birth certificates without notifying us in advance, the on-site wedding coordinator was very sweet and ready to help but didn't take enough of a leadership role (didn't coordinate guests so the events were on time or place us in the right positions during the ceremony so our bridesmaids weren't symmetrical to the groomsmen and therefore were cut out of pictures) and during the reception at Blue the resort's entertainment started a show on the beach (25 ft away) so we had to wait until they were done to continue with speeches and the dance since it was so loud. All in all, it was unforgettable and we would gladly recommend Azul as a wedding destination.
There were a few cons during our stay: lost or stollen wallet (on our last day), guests didn't get the rooms they booked (but were upgraded), a few guests got a lot of bites (mosquitoes or no seem 'em sand flies who knows!?).
If you're thinking of booking this hotel for your next vacation do not hesitate. This is a true boutique, gourmet inclusive experience!

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mademoisellemw
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My husband and I traveled to this resort for a friends destination wedding. The resort, from the time you arrive to the time you leave, was nothing short of fabulous! Gear food no matter where you were eating, accommodating staff and plenty if activities all say for children and adults. Very clean! Hoping that we will get to go back!

• Stayed February 2013
3 Thank mrsohmstead2006
KarismaHotelsResorts, General Manager at Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Many thanks for your review of our hotel. I truly appreciate your recent visit and hope that you will return again very soon

Many Thanks
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had our wedding at Azul Beach on January 12, 2013. Although we were somewhat worried that it would be difficult for the hotel to accommodate a wedding party of our size (we had approximately 100 adults), one of the main reasons we picked Azul Beach is because of its relatively small size and intimacy. Selfishly, we didnt want a wedding at a larger resort with multiple weddings taking place and causing us to feel like we were part of a destination wedding factory. Azul Beach fit the bill perfectly with its personal touch and amazing decor and ambience. Throughout the weekend we were surrounded by everyone we cared about in a close-knit and picturesque environment with fantastic food and amazing scenery.

Although we picked Azul Beach because of its size and beauty, the people truly transformed the event from a special weekend to a unique weekend. We initially arranged everything with Jennifer at VIP Vacations. She really went to bat for us to organize how many rooms we could set aside for the wedding party and made sure that we received the best possible negotiated rate for those rooms. Twice she was able to re-negotiate with Azul Beach when the hotel released new group rates and special discounts that we wanted to make sure our guests could advantage of. The other employees at VIP Travel, Ryan and Lauren were also invaluable in coordinating the stays of our guests and making sure that everyone received the accommodations that they wanted.

In addition to VIP Travel, we cant say enough about the Azul Beach staff that we worked with to make our dream wedding a reality. Erika Torres of Azul Beach was the primary hotel wedding planner we worked with prior to the wedding to order all the amenities and decorations necessary to pull off a wedding. She always made sure to respond to us in a prompt and timely manner and truly tried to make sure that we had the best of everything (when we were shopping around for resorts, we tried working with employees of other hotels on the Mexican Riviera and she was a breath of fresh air by comparison). By the time we got there, our on-site wedding coordinator, Miroslava was a miracle worker. Considering that we had wedding ceremonies that extended over two days and started in the morning and lasted until 11 or 12 at night, she was always available, cheerful, and made sure to take care of every last request. Daphne of Lomas Travel, who we used to provide wedding decorations, also was a tremendous help. Because of the threat of rain, we had to reorganize some events on the fly, and both Miroslava and Daphne made it as stress-free as possible. I wont pretend that there wasnt any stress since it was our wedding weekend after all, but they helped take stress away rather than adding stress, which made all the difference in the world. Finally, all the staff and servers at Azul Beach turned the weekend into one that made us feel at home. By the time we left, staff such as Alberto at Blu, Javier with the activities, Barbara, Lenin, and Alfonso at the front desk, and Irma at the Spa all knew both myself and my wife and made sure that we were not having any problems. It has been a month and a half since our wedding and we still talk about how friendly everyone was and how they made us feel so special throughout our stay there. This was truly the event of our lifetime and we could not have imagined a more perfect weekend.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank livinparad
Firstly , on behalf of all staff at the Azul Beach Resort we would like take this opportunity to offer our Congratulations to you both , your wedding events were truly amazing and very memorable.

I'm very happy to hear that my staff , along with your travel agent, was able to provide your with reassurance ,putting any doubts or concerns that you had to rest and ensuring your wedding was spectular and enjoyed by all attending.

it was a great honor to be chosen as the host of such a important occasion in your lives and we hope that you will return time and time again to relive the wonderful memories we created together.

wishing you a lifetime of happiness
Houston, TX
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2013

We just returned from a five-day stay at Azul Beach Resort for my cousin's wedding. We used mitch@tripguy.com to book, and he is THE BEST. Immediately responsive, and when the hotel dropped prices (after we had already booked), he price-adjusted for us FOR FREE.

The staff at this hotel is AMAZING! Everything I would ask for was replied with "My pleasure." Wow. We are already planning to go back next year. We traveled with a 3 and 5 year old, and they were never bored. Toys were supplied on the beach (they even had extra, free sunscreen when we ran out), floats were available in the pools. In my experience, it didn't seem that any of the pools were heated. They all were fairly cold, but since it was about 90 degrees outside, we were able to adjust to them.

We paid $100 per night per child (for ages 3 and up), however, only ages 4 and up could be left at the kids club without paying extra. I feel the hotel shouldn't charge for a 3 year old if you can't leave them at the kids club. Honestly, my son probably ate about $10 in food the entire trip. 2 years and under are free, but only 4 and over can stay at the kids club. It feels like you get the raw end of the deal if you have a 3 year old.

The food at Blue and Latin were my favorites. Tainan (the Japanese restaurant) only had four sushi rolls on the menu. It just wasn't what I was expecting. I was planning to eat my weight in sushi on this trip, so this was a huge disappointment to me. Also, the sushi was warm (and it wasn't the cooked version) and mostly rice with very little fish/veggies.

Although the meals were delicious, I was expecting a similarly amazing dessert selection. But instead, each restaurant had the same three desserts: ice cream, cheesecake, and brownies. I'm a sweet tooth, so was hoping for more. They did have cookies at La Mancha, but they were crunchy. I like a soft, freshly-baked cookie.

Definitely upgrade to a suite (villa 9, not 10). We were in a family swim up suite (room 1006) and the smell was horrific at night. Like raw sewage. Luckily, you can't smell it from inside the room, but next time we will request villa 9. The deluxe rooms I saw were motel 6 quality. Nothing to write home about. But the suite was amazing. Only thing I thought was odd, was there wasn't a floor-length mirror. This seems like a cheap addition that would make the room more useful.

This hotel is so great for a family with kids. Next year, when my son is 4, I feel it will be the perfect spot. I don't think I would recommend for a family with a 3 year old.

Room Tip: Villa 9 offers family swim up suites without the odor of Villa 10. Definitely upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Anjana0219
Thank you for your honest and detailed review of your recent stay , I truly appreciate the time taken to share your experiences. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed your Overal Gourmet Inclusive vacation and I would like you to know that I have taken of all comments mentioned.

The Azulitos Play house is open to all ages , parents can leave their children and have the peace of mind that they are being cared for by fully qualified nannies in a safe, secure location. unfortunately due to safety ratios and age guidelines , children under 4 years old must be accompanied by a adult. we do have baby sitting available for a small additional cost, $15 usd an hour and this price includes care for a maximum of 3 children. this service can take place in the Azulitos Play house or in the comfort of your own room , depending on the time of this service.

thank you again for your review and we hope to see you at the Azul Beach Hotel again in the future.

warm regards
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
Now Jade Riviera Cancun
#9 of 26 in Puerto Morelos
4.5 of 5 bubbles 8,095 reviews

Been to Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya? Share your experiences!