Stayed at The Azul Beach recently for 14 nights as a family of three . Never written a review before so will firstly give the positives and then the negatives .
1. The food is exellent and of a very high quality .
2. The restraunt and bar staff are extremly friendly and the service is fantastic .
3. The rooms [ jnr suite ] were a very good standard .
Unfortunately the negatives to follow will stop me returning to this hotel and any other karisma resort .
1. There is a major theft problem at this hotel . On our second day we were approached by a fellow guest telling us not to leave any belongings by the pool or in our room because items including phones , i pads , cash , clothes and jewellery was going missing , not nice to hear as you are just starting your holiday . From that day on all our valuables including cameras etc were put into our in room safe . Can you imagine our reaction on our fifth day to find our sons i pod missing from our safe with no sign of break in . The managements reaction was nothing less than disgusting , firstly turning our room over as if we were the criminals even searching the light fittings PATHETIC , then telling us no one else could open our safe when they did it in front of us , then when i asked them for assurances of the safes security i was told perfectly secure but make sure you change code every day !
The following morning on asking for any info on problem my son was accussed of acting suspiciously and nervous which lead to an almighty argument as you can imagine with reps etc involved but no answers . The management will categorically deny there is a theft problem at this hotel but after the event , as usual , i spoke to at least 4 people who had suffered thefts and please read all the reviews on this hotel for reference .
2. Entertainment ???????
3. Main Blue restraunt closed for our entire stay for roof repairs .
4. Only 2 out of 5 restraunts open each night due to lack of guests .
Shame the managements attitudes did not reflect the staffs friendliness and work ethos and admittal to a serious problem which could then be rectified .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelsforEveryone, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort