This was our third trip to a Karisma resort and our second stay at the Azul Beach. We first stayed with our newborn six years ago and returned with both of our girls and their grandmother. It is a real multi-generational property: couples, large and small families with kids of all ages and grandparents.
We stayed in the new section and the rooms were fantastic. However, we got a look into the original rooms and they look very long in the tooth since our last visit. They need to be refreshed and unfortunately the hotel has not gotten around to this yet.
Traveling with kids the resort is an easy fifteen minute ride from the airport. Check in is easy and the champagne and fresh washcloths are a nice touch.
The food is fantastic and is one of the reasons that we choose to stay at Karisma resorts. The new restaurants are a great addition and comparable to some better restaurants we have been to in Toronto. The tequila bar is a very cool element of the hotel and a pre dinner stop for us sans the kids. Go for "tres genaraciones" straight up or a mango margarita with don julio. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating. Big shout out to Joan and Israel, our beach butlers.
We spent most of our time on the beach. It is not a long stretch of sand and therefore not the best walk. However, the water was crystal clear. The hotel next door (Desire) makes for an interesting walk as it is clothing optional. Watching out of shape old men and women play nude volleyball was incredibly gross but entertaining at the same time. We came to the conclusion that some nudist should just be forced to wear clothes.
One of our main constructive criticisms is that the service is so inconsistent. If they nailed this down the hotel could be great. For example, we were asked for our pillow and aroma therapy preferences upon checkin and these were ignored. The calls from the room for water and a step stool were ignored and several of the calls were not picked up by front desk and housekeeping. One day cool face towels and snack food would be served on the beach and the other day nothing. The program they handed out at the start of the week was meaningless. They advertised a fresh fish market one day and paella the next and nothing materialized. The inconsistencies make an otherwise great hotel feel a little sloppy.
We would return to a Karisma property again and hope they really pay attention to our criticisms so that they could make a good hotel a great one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Azul Beach Hotel is a family-friendly, boutique-style property located on a gorgeous beach 20 minutes from Cancun International Airport. All of the newly renovated 148 rooms are just steps from the beach, pools, restaurants and bars.Featuring the Gourmet Inclusive® concept, epicurean offerings include candlelight dining on the beach, a fresh fish fry and butler service to the canopied beach beds. There’s an all-lobster menu, 24-hour room service and over 30 tequilas in the tequila lounge.Azul Beach especially caters to families with young children with loaner baby equipment, kid's club and parent support. The exclusive Family & Friends Vacation Planner coordinates family reunions. Romantic couples love Beachfront Sky Massages and Suite Scenes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Azul Beach Hotel, By Karisma Hotel Puerto Morelos
- Azul Resort All Inclusive Beach
- Azul Beach Resort Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Morelos
- Azul Hotel Beach Resort