“Fire on the Beech”
Review of La Casa del Farito - CLOSED

La Casa del Farito
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Disfruta de una exquisita comida o cena Caribena con la mejor vista frente al mar de Puerto Morelos, nos encontramos a un lado del Faro!!
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I can tell you being spoiled isn't so bad. Andrea closed the shop down for all of us to enjoy one of the best Steak and Lobster meals I have had in a long time. Her Special family Rum cake was out of this world. Not to mention the great entertainment that made an atmosphere like no other. To Top it off we had a great Bon Fire at the beech all night. Go, it is a must.

1  Thank Donald K

Reviewed February 10, 2014

First time that I stumbled into this place was by accident. In a pouring rain storm, we ran into this place, cold and wet. Owners were kind and warm, and fed us comforting delicious food. Place is located right on the beach, next to the main pier. Great location. I realized that first night that the owners had a lot more culinary skill then was displayed on their typical menu. I asked if they would be willing to do a private party. They were all in. I met with them to plan a very elegant menu in that very casual beach atmosphere, as I needed to entertain a group of 16 people who wanted to eat a gourmet meal on a beach. I gave them a few days lead time, and they served the most perfect three course meal, complete with my choice of wine, and Andrea's famous Rum Cake Flambé right on the beach under the moon and stars. Thank you Andrea! All were amazed. It might not look like much at first glance, but give this establishment a deep look and a little chance to prepare for you. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank KaretheBayer
Reviewed January 29, 2014

We found the service to be adequate and attentive but it was a little difficult to communicate with the waiter due to a language understanding, on both parts. The food was very tasty but rather small portions for the dollar$ paid at the tourists prices that we were charged. The view and ambience would be hard to match in Puerto. Wanting to stay longer was a little uncomfortable though. The chairs without some sort of cushions on them are a little tough. Some room for improvement but a nice place. Place was clean that we could see, that was a plus. CU.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We visited this restaurant twice during our stay. One night my husband had 2 beautiful grilled lobster tails, my daughter had shrimp on a stick - which confused me at first. I thought that would be shrimp skewered and grilled. What arrived made me think of a corn dog at first, then we found them to one GIANT shrimp on a wooden skewer that was batter dipped. 4 off the sea monsters came on the plate and they were outstanding. My son got the Red Snapper filet which was also awesome and I got sweet little muscles in garlic sauce (which could have used a side of pasta or rice to soak up the wonderful garlic sauce) Topped the night off with a piece of the rum cake which was set on fire for us by the manager, Pablo. The next visit my husband got the whole Red Snapper which had us all fighting for a little piece of it! We also had the tuna tar-tare at each visit because it was soooooo good. Very clean and a great location. Did not have one thing that was a disappointment!

2  Thank jmdesigns
Reviewed January 10, 2014 via mobile

Parked ourselves on the patio here on the afternoon of our last day in Puerto Morelos.

Service was excellent, food was fantastic, and can't beat that view of the beach.

Try the empanadas & pork sliders, ate so much I could barely move. Cervesas for everyone!

1  Thank MCunningham198704