“Taste in Puerto”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I have been numerous times since this restaurant opened a little while back! With some friends and alone late at night. It has always been a consistent pleasure to eat there! Service is attentive, menu is short but varied, friendliest staff, & quite clean. An attractive place! It only lacks an ocean view, but being about 3+km from the ocean is who's fault? Land barrier aside, this is one of the top places to go for a treat while your visiting here. Many of the locals eat here too! Enjoy! I do not think you will be disappointed in your choice if you decide to visit this business!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Don't hesitate just eat here. If you take a taxi there will be no problem getting here since it is located in the La Colonia section of Pomo. It is located off of the main streets. If you have rented a car call ahead for directions. Unlike almost all of the restaurants in Pomo it is a restaurant meaning glass windows and air conditioning. When we arrived we were greeted by Salvador. He was one of the kindest people we have ever met. His personal service went above and beyond our expectations. Now for the food. It does not have a large menu but, great selections. We started with the calamari. Outstanding, not rubbery with more of a chili sauce. We opted to share a 14 ounce New York strip steak. Delicious. Cooked to perfection with a side of asparagus in garlic butter. Again, excellent. For dessert we had the apple pie and ice cream. Yum. My husband also had Salvador's special coffee's. Try this. Even Salvador sampled this. Put Fonda American Grill on the must visit list. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Simone C
Reviewed June 4, 2014

No, seriously... I haven't tried a hamburger more delicious and perfectly cooked as this one and I'm sure I will never be. For the same price you will be paying for a "top notch" mcDonalds crappy burger you can get an actually top notch delicious meat perfectly cooked ENOURMOUS burger here.

There's no waste here. Come and try it. A must if you're in Puerto Morelos or nearby.

Little advice for the owner: the environment is perfect... just change the music from time to time? having the same playlist playing over and over can be kind of boring.

2  Thank Cristobal G
Reviewed May 7, 2014

We went here for a celebration and were not disappointed. The service was spot-on and the meal was delicious. I was also here with 15 others for Christmas Eve and it was also impressive service and food was great. We will see you next year!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

We ate here last week. It was decent but not amazing. Most of the food was enjoyable. Calamari app was good. Cheeseburger was good. Chicken was good. I had the fish special and was not impressed. It was overcooked and smaller than I expected. My daughter had mac and cheese and did not like it. We took a bunch of it home and my wife tried it the next day. She did not like it either. I would eat here again but would not go out of my way to. I would also only order basics. The service was very good and the atmosphere was nice. It was also the most expensive meal we had in PM. We were the only people there.