“Fresh and very good”
Review of El Nicho

El Nicho
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: el Nicho is a beautiful place to spend a leasurely brunch. It is across from the park and has a peak-a-boo view of the ocean. The room is full of lovely sites and sounds from beautifully presented food, to great music. The walls feature artwork from local artists and the service is top notch.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

The front desk manager at La Haciena recommended this restaurant for breakfast. She told us the waffles were great! They were. They were fresh with strawberries, blueberries, and a dollup of whipped cream on top. We also ordered eggs, bacon, and toast. After the eggs were delivered to the table, I asked for pico de gallo for my eggs. It took a few minutes to bring it to the table, but then I found out why. They don't prepare anything before hand, so my pico was just made! Very good food to start the day!

1  Thank hstntx

Reviewed November 17, 2013

Eggs benedict are fantastic as are their unique tea and juice blends.
I enjoy people watching in the town square while savoring a delicious breakfast!

1  Thank Linda0821
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Stopped by El Nicho during my vacation in Puerto Morelos for breakfast. Ordered the Eggs Benny with avocado & tomato. They were fantastic! The hollandaise sauce was the perfect amount over perfectly cooked poached eggs with a slight hint of citrus. It's a nice light sauce. The roasted tomato that came along side the eggs benny was out of this world with flavour! I also ordered a fresh squeezed orange juice and tea Roja which was like cold tea with strawberries, hibiscus, and cranberries. Both were great. The server (which i do not know his name) was friendly and efficient. I also met Mo the owner and had a nice chat with her. Go and give El Nicho a try! You will be sure to love it! They also have a great selection of other breakfast and lunch items. I will be sure to be back to try more, especially the salads! They are only open till 2pm.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have to say that I travelled all around the world but I never thought that I would find such a gem in a small fishing village of Puerto Morelos. I am very picky about food but I was totally blown away by the quality, quantity and service I experienced in El Nicho. The owners, Maureen and Pablo are the nicest people you can imagine and they would truly go the extra mile to grant any of your wishes. The food is simple but sophisticated at the same time, the ingredients are fresh and carefully selected and overall everything tastes delicious and divine. The place is also decorated with the beautiful artwork of the local artists, which I find a great idea. If you have a passion for quality food in a warm, family like atmosphere, look no further, this is the place to go. Thank You El Nicho for the remarkable experience.

3  Thank Karanga888
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We went scuba diving and then [obviously] needed lunch. Had read the reviews on TA and planned in advance to try El Nicho - we were not overall disappointed.

The specialty of the house being different types of eggs Benedict, I had Benny Palta [eggs Benedict with avocado, grilled tomatoes and bacon] and Te de Rojo [an infusion of hibiscus, cranberries and other goodies]. The hollandaise was extremely good - especially as I find it impossible to make, and in contrast to other reviews here, I actually prefer mine lemony. The bacon was perfectly cooked, the eggs nice and runny in the middle, and I always appreciate a grilled tomato. The tea was delicious and at the end make sure you eat the fruit bits out of the bottom of the glass [not the hibiscus blossoms necessarily]. FYI - hibiscus [Jamaica] drinks are common in Mexico. They are quite refreshing and should not be missed. Being "herbal" i.e. not made from leaves of the tea plant, there is no caffeine or tea flavor, so even "non-tea drinkers" may like it.

The Mr had chicken fajitas and lemonade with chia seeds [lemonada con chia]. The fajitas were perfectly fine just not spectacular in flavor, but the lemonade with the chia seeds was delicious! He had never had 1. chia seeds in a drink or 2. hollandaise sauce and enjoyed both immensely. [Yes, chia as in "ch-ch-ch-chia".]

We also had a fresh fruit plate. If I'm identifying my fruit correctly, there were slices of papaya, mango, cantaloupe, and maybe pear or was it guyabano... All the fruit was delicious, but it all had a slight flavor of onion like it had been sliced with a knife that had been used to chop and onion and not washed in between. It wasn't enough to make us complain or not eat the fruit, but the flavor was there.

$260MXN + $30MXN tip for everything.

Overall a pleasant experience and a must try!