“Cascade failure”
Review of Marina Dive Center

Marina Dive Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Enjoy Puerto Morelos Marine Park and the Mayan Riviera. If you are an experienced diver we have just what you're looking for: Coral Reefs, Cozumel Walls, Shipwrecks, Cenote Cavern diving, Bull Shark diving, Night diving, Whale Shark adventure and more. Discover the wonders of the Mexican Caribbean and get your PADI certificate today. We also have Discover Scuba for beginners.
Rochester, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 109 helpful votes
“Cascade failure”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I wanted to like this shop. Let me start by saying the divemasters were great but could use some training. They were attentive and did their best under the circumstances. Here are the circumstances: The diving is inside the barrier reef. Max depth on all three dives I did was thirty feet. Vis never was over twenty feet. It was a lot of work to see very little. Kind of liking diving in a shallow water snowstorm. Now the cascade failure: On the second day of diving there were four divers. The shop did not have enough weight for four divers and we were delayed while they went to get more. This was a red flag, When the extra weight arrived they announced they did not have enough weight belts. They asked me if I would dive with weight in my BC. I should have said no. I said yes. First dive: initial descent results in all weight dumping out of my BC on entry. Cluster ---k results as divers try to recover my weights while we drift from the buoy. By the time I get my wieights back we have drifted out over the sand and we need to get back to the buoy. We are all hanging on the side of the boat. Rather than reboard the divers and get us back to the buoy the divemaster instructed the captain to motor to the buoy and sort of tow us along. Let's see: divers hanging on the side of the boat being towed to to a buoy? Bad idea. Open prop. If one of us had let go and went under the boat it would have stitches at the least. I told the DM that it would be safer to drop to the bottom and swim to the buoy. We did so. Long hard swim to get to a reef that showed us very little. I ended up spending the dive holding the majority of my weights in my hands. These guys are an accident waiting to happen. Be careful.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Tim_Ingersoll

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“scuba nightmare”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

our family likes to scuba, when we got to scuba shack with my daughter the instuctor told us it is to windy and no visibility.After talking with him for a while he said he dont care if we go diving or not,So we went diving. .water was perfect ,it was nothing negative exept the instructor.Got back to the shack and made appointment to go again,(closed on sunday) monday at 11 am ,I showed up at 10:30 and got yelled out by this guy for missing appointment at 9am,i had no idea what is going on so i asked him if we still can go diving he said NO
everyone else was nice exept few employes. I like to go diving so I will NOT go back to Marina el cid